Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Social media influencer AWillis's Avatar
    AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWillis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    become a digital agency fixing clients SEO. that is where the real money is. fk web development in 2021 boyo

fix their headings, meta description etc. content. a lot more customers for you to be had than worrying about competing with shopify etc

dead fkn srs

i know a guy that has grown his team from 1 to 3, now has 9 sloots working for him. just increased his office size to 18 seats. so will expanding in the future

it isn't rocket science also
    Subjecting yourself to self imposed discipline is the surest way to increase the quality of your existence

Never accept defeat

Cobra Kai Crew

The opposite of courage, in our society, is not cowardice but conformity

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes it's still viable.

When someone uses an off-the-shelf WordPress theme with a bunch of dodgy plugins, and eventually realises it's slow, difficult to maintain and doesn't do everything they need or doesn't work as well as it could.. then you can charge good money to build it the right way.

Drag and drop page-builders are for moms and pops stores that have too much time on their hands and no budget to pay a professional. If that's your target market, then yeah you might struggle.

I would say web development is more lucrative than ever because in many respects it's more complicated than ever. If you want a website that is bespoke in design, really, really fast, converts well, blows the competition out the water, and never goes down... you're going to need some decent expertise. It depends whether you want to use it as a serious marketing tool, or just tick it off the list of things that you think your business should have.

Originally Posted by AWillis View Post
    become a digital agency fixing clients SEO. that is where the real money is. fk web development in 2021 boyo

fix their headings, meta description etc. content. a lot more customers for you to be had than worrying about competing with shopify etc

dead fkn srs

i know a guy that has grown his team from 1 to 3, now has 9 sloots working for him. just increased his office size to 18 seats. so will expanding in the future

True story. These types of business are doing the easy work, but since everyone wants to be at the top of Google, it's lucrative. Although I believe they often have a high turnover of clients, but getting new ones is probably easy.
    Last edited by MrCarrot; 05-08-2021 at 11:34 AM.

ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lockdev View Post
    Professional web developer checking in.

Are we talking strictly web design? No. You can buy any basic design template you want for $20.

The money is in full stack. Front-end, back-end, and everything that makes it all work together. Need to learn something like React or Angular along with node and sql. I prefer Blazor, but I'm a weird fuarker.

Add in the design/art/photography side and yes, it's very viable in 2021.
    This. "Web Design" was a byproduct of HTML being esoteric knowledge. "Web development" is something else. The "designers" usually had no real graphic design/UX chops and just knew how to mark things up to reproduce a mockup. The industry has moved past that.

Originally Posted by ralphlaurenbrah View Post
    Yeah I think it is. Most companies already have websites and why would they need a web designer after the site is already built and optimized? The market is also flooded with boot camp and college grads who all heard computers and the internet job hype as tech was exploding.
    Honestly, a lot of boot camp and new college grads are semi-employable dead-enders. There's no glut of talent at all. There is a glut of hacks who will put together a product you will have to pay a better dev $300/hr to help you bandage and eventually throw away in favor of something that works. If you actually know what you're doing, employers will hunt you.

Source: I'm a consultant whose employer is billing $300/hr to tell a company their last dev just made it look like it worked until the check cleared and that it's all junk.

EDIT: ...or see MrCarrot above. There's no shortage of "developers" out there cobbling something out of Wordpress who can't work any deeper than the admin panel. Same scenario. In addition, most "mom and pop" customers are morons, which is how they got ripped off and saddled with a junk application in the first place. You'll have a better experience selling your services to real businesses.

The people I'm bailing out right now admitted to me that they were talked out of doing acceptance testing before they signed off because their last developer convinced them he had "his team" doing it for them. Their inability to manage technical talent shines through in every interaction and costs them buckets of money that should be going to more technical talent to grow the business.
    Last edited by ANumber1; 05-08-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    Nah, fukk that. I’m not doing that.

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AWillis View Post

dead fkn srs

https://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneu...yers_with_seo/
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

ToningWasTooHarshForMe atgbrahsrs's Avatar
    atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lb54TG View Post
    Still plenty of ****ty websites for you to go out there and design independently and charge for that service.

What’s more important now is UX design, designing a user experience. Web design falls into that. Not just nice websites. They’re two different things. But to answer your question, I’m sure you can start an agency designing websites cause most ppl don’t know, or will have the time to figure out how

this + web developer for powerful apps (super interactive)

if someone needs a basic content website for something - wix/squarespace is enough
    communist until you get rich
    rightwing until financially secure
    atheist until the plane starts falling
    slootist until you get married
    muslim after you get married

Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by atgbrahsrs View Post
    this + web developer for powerful apps (super interactive)

if someone needs a basic content website for something - wix/squarespace is enough
    Yeah i was focusing this question on simple basic websites for SMBs, most of this businesses do not need powerful webapps or anything similar

Larger websites and companies are a way different thing that will still require devs

buwbs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buwbs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buwbs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buwbs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buwbs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buwbs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buwbs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buwbs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buwbs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buwbs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buwbs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    who the f*ck goes on independent websites?

no thx jeff

tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Beast92 View Post
    Yeah i was focusing this question on simple basic websites for SMBs, most of this businesses do not need powerful webapps or anything similar

Larger websites and companies are a way different thing that will still require devs
    Small business and big business still mostly function on the same principals. So the websites that they both need aren't that much different. The main difference between the both of them is security level and traffic.

The bulk of the coding is in database management and order processing. This code is already built and written by devs. Where small time developers need to come in, is getting ahold of this source code, understanding it, and implementing it to small businesses that needs this model of online business.

It's the same thing with the gaming industry. Some companies build their own game engines so that it can run faster, but the downside to this would be the development time. Others use a prebuilt engine but the downside is speed of the engine since there are many codes that aren't used but is running in the background.

Luckily for web devs, things arn't as complicated as the gaming industry.
    Last edited by tunafishha; 05-08-2021 at 03:35 PM.
    *Catholic Crew*
    *Community College Master Race*
    *5'5 Masterrace*
    *Starbucks Crew*
    *Buy high, sell low*

ToningWasTooHarshForMe atgbrahsrs's Avatar
    atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Beast92 View Post

if you want a website to market a product or a simple store of fan-based merchandise or marketing your services as a consultant ----> I, as a software dev, do not see an argument against Wix-only. srs

apps alike tripadvisor and airbnb (their web clients) for example need devs

one South Korean friend asked me if he can pay me to make a website for his church.... I was like WTF! and I made him a google.sites website from his google account in 5 minutes as your grandma can do it, website literally only had to have gathering calendar dates, small history of the church and a google maps embedded location and a title and pics

didnt charge of course cuz that would be a sin srs
    communist until you get rich
    rightwing until financially secure
    atheist until the plane starts falling
    slootist until you get married
    muslim after you get married

Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by atgbrahsrs View Post
    if you want a website to market a product or a simple store of fan-based merchandise or marketing your services as a consultant ----> I, as a software dev, do not see an argument against Wix-only. srs

apps alike tripadvisor and airbnb (their web clients) for example need devs

one South Korean friend asked me if he can pay me to make a website for his church.... I was like WTF! and I made him a google.sites website from his google account in 5 minutes as your grandma can do it, website literally only had to have gathering calendar dates, small history of the church and a google maps embedded location and a title and pics

didnt charge of course cuz that would be a sin srs
    lol, I have been away from this business for so long. I remember back in the day Google had a "Google Pages" product, they have come a long way since then.

Google Sites is actually delivering some very neat looking simple sites that work for most micro businesses, take a look at this example:

https://www.filiprzepka.com/

I wonder what is the SEO and indexability for sites developed with their own product

Registered User MaximumCapacity's Avatar
    MaximumCapacity is just really nice. (+1000) MaximumCapacity is just really nice. (+1000) MaximumCapacity is just really nice. (+1000) MaximumCapacity is just really nice. (+1000) MaximumCapacity is just really nice. (+1000) MaximumCapacity is just really nice. (+1000) MaximumCapacity is just really nice. (+1000) MaximumCapacity is just really nice. (+1000) MaximumCapacity is just really nice. (+1000) MaximumCapacity is just really nice. (+1000) MaximumCapacity is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends on the backend. It's usually a multi million project. Like an infrastructure like this
    legal disclaimer: OP sucks cock
    Computer Science autist race
    aspie

LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes it's dead af