rale317 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much rest to my legs need?

I do legs about every 3 days. One of the days I focus on them and the second day is just some odd squats as a secondary thing like during back or chest day..
    But I'm also walking to the gym everyday which is a 3 Mile round trip. And I'm in the gym 5 to 6 days a week, 1 to 2 hours.

I'm just wondering if the walking everyday is slowing down development.
    I've been trying to hit each muscle twice a week but I don't follow a 7-Day schedule. Generally I'm doing- day1: leg, day2: off, day3:back/bi, day4: chest/tri, day5: off, then repeat.
    on leg day I do a couple supersets of tri/bi.
    On back or chest I do some odd light weight leg stuff (but I'm still repping close to fail)
    BUT I want to go more often like 3 days on, 1 day off, repeat.

So just wanted some advise on what's optimal rest mainly with legs.
    My diet is spot on if that's a consideration.

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Walking is not hindering development.

I’m doing 10k steps a day and have an active job and my legs are probably my most developed body part.

You should probably post sets/reps/exercises etc.

Lack of development sounds like it’s more to do with your unwillingness to prioritize them by occasionally tossing squats in on a 2nd day without much consideration for the programming.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

rale317 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    Walking is not hindering development.

I’m doing 10k steps a day and have an active job and my legs are probably my most developed body part.

You should probably post sets/reps/exercises etc.

Lack of development sounds like it’s more to do with your unwillingness to prioritize them by occasionally tossing squats in on a 2nd day without much consideration for the programming.
    On the second day I do do squats. I just do it with lighter weight and I do something odd like maybe I'll touch my ass to my heels or do some isometric halfway squat before going all the way down and the same backup. And I understand that you have very developed legs but what I'm concerned about is the rate of development. I'm sure if I did this for years whether I walk or not they're going to grow.. but I just want to make sure I'm doing what's optimal. Cuz I'm in a position right now where I can do literally anything at any time. No other responsibilities to get in the way of the gym.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude post what you’re actually doing as requested above. There’s no generic optimal amount of rest.

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rale317 View Post
    On the second day I do do squats. I just do it with lighter weight and I do something odd like maybe I'll touch my ass to my heels or do some isometric halfway squat before going all the way down and the same backup. And I understand that you have very developed legs but what I'm concerned about is the rate of development. I'm sure if I did this for years whether I walk or not they're going to grow.. but I just want to make sure I'm doing what's optimal. Cuz I'm in a position right now where I can do literally anything at any time. No other responsibilities to get in the way of the gym.
    I’m nearly 40, with a kid, business etc.

My life is hardly optimal for training but I make it work.

My point is If you’re constantly searching for optimal you will hinder progress.

Choose what you can be consistent with over time and do it a lot for many years.

Also your description above still sounds like you’re not actually focusing on training properly.

Deciding one day you’ll do an isometric or 1.5 squats or whatever isn’t going to make your legs grow more.

I’ve yet to hear someone ever say 3 miles of walking hindered leg development lol.

Your non-answer excuse leads me to believe you’re probably just half assing your training and especially leg training.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's not enough to tell us what days of the week - we also need to know what you are doing on those days.

Even then, there won't be a precise answer because it depends on your individual recovery ability.

FYI, I train legs most days - but the total weekly workloads is managed so that I get adequate stimulus without exceeding my individual recovery ability (overreaching) too soon within a training cycle.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Probably not as much as you think.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton