rbtg324 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lifting around boxers fracture, seeking advice

(I’m 23 not 51 don’t know how to change that)

A little over two weeks ago I got a boxers fracture and broke my 5th metacarpal right under the pinky knuckle. I am very into lifting weights so the biggest challenge for me has been to figure out a way to stay active. I’ve been able to figure out doing legs, and for upper body I have had to compromise. for example, for chest I just do things such as machine flys and place the handle at the wrist of my cast. I do exercises like the one shown in this video on YouTube:

“How to workout with an arm cast | Exercises and mental focus” (it wouldn’t let me post the link)

My question is, is there any harm in doing these? I try not to do anything that directly involves my fingers but still want to activate some upper body muscles. I am also just a bit worried that this will affect my recover in some way maybe due to putting pressure on the tendons in my forearm which are connected to my fingers, or my cast moving around a little bit when doing the exercises. If anyone with experience in this can let me know if this is okay to do it would be appreciated. The last thing I want is a longer than expected recovery time

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Do anything which doesn't put pressure on the hand. If you are pushing something with your wrist and (crucially) it doesn't hurt, I can't the issue, it's what I'd do in that situation too.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I was a daft young lad I dislocated my knuckle fighting and had a boxers fracture. You've got to let it heal so don't do anything that relies too heavily on grip. Once the fracture heals. (I think it took about 4 weeks) you should strengthen your hand back up (gripping exercises) and then slowly reintroduce weight exercises that rely on grip again. Mine was quite a bad fracture though. My knuckle was down next to my wrist lol and they had to pull it back into place. Permanently looks like I don't have a knuckle there anymore