BigGriff85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout Split Problem

Little background: I started lifting properly and consistently using Arnold's techniques Fall/Winter 2020. I lifted before that, but with no intensity. I had amazing pumps.
    Winter/Spring 2020-2021 my buddy took me out of the gym for the most part and sent me to the track and pull-up bars. So I did a lot of calisthenics for the cut.

But now I'm bulking again, and the two splits that work best for me (PPL, Arnold) aren't working as well as I'd like.

PPL:

When I hit back, I destroy it. It is growing at an amazing rate, better than any other time of my life. But when I am finished with back, and I go to work my biceps, they die out quick. I put a weight on, do 6 reps, take some weight off, do 5, take some weight off, do 3, and then any other bicep exercise I do, I only get 1-3 reps of light weight.

It wasn't like this back in the fall. Triceps have the same issue after I hit chest and shoulders. I don't even pump, I just... fail. It is annoying leaving the gym and the only pump you can get is in your chest. I don't know what the problem is. My arms aren't growing at all, while my chest, legs, and back are growing amazingly.

When I do the Arnold split, it is a similar issue, but for a different body part.

I get a great arm pump on shoulders/arms day, but normally for chest/back, I do my chest workout, then I do back. But whenever I start working back, it dies out quick. Much quicker than with a PPL split. I do the same amount of reps at a much lighter weight, but then I am done by set 3, because I do 1-2 reps and I can't do a rep with proper form.

Mentally, I feel fine. Ready to smash arms or back. But the muscle won't move the weight when I save the muscle to the end of the workout.

What do you guys do to maximize all parts of the body?

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BigGriff85 View Post
    Little background: I started lifting properly and consistently using Arnold's techniques Fall/Winter 2020. I lifted before that, but with no intensity. I had amazing pumps.
    Winter/Spring 2020-2021 my buddy took me out of the gym for the most part and sent me to the track and pull-up bars. So I did a lot of calisthenics for the cut.

But now I'm bulking again, and the two splits that work best for me (PPL, Arnold) aren't working as well as I'd like.

PPL:

When I hit back, I destroy it. It is growing at an amazing rate, better than any other time of my life. But when I am finished with back, and I go to work my biceps, they die out quick. I put a weight on, do 6 reps, take some weight off, do 5, take some weight off, do 3, and then any other bicep exercise I do, I only get 1-3 reps of light weight.

It wasn't like this back in the fall. Triceps have the same issue after I hit chest and shoulders. I don't even pump, I just... fail. It is annoying leaving the gym and the only pump you can get is in your chest. I don't know what the problem is. My arms aren't growing at all, while my chest, legs, and back are growing amazingly.

When I do the Arnold split, it is a similar issue, but for a different body part.

I get a great arm pump on shoulders/arms day, but normally for chest/back, I do my chest workout, then I do back. But whenever I start working back, it dies out quick. Much quicker than with a PPL split. I do the same amount of reps at a much lighter weight, but then I am done by set 3, because I do 1-2 reps and I can't do a rep with proper form.

Mentally, I feel fine. Ready to smash arms or back. But the muscle won't move the weight when I save the muscle to the end of the workout.

When you train chest/back, try to train both at the same time.

Bench...rest , row....rest...bench...rest....row...

Alternate chest with back all of the way thru. Saves a lot of time.

Then on your shoulders/arms day....you do the same thing with bis/tris.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The weight isn't light for you if you're only doing 1-6 reps.

If you want more focus on your arms, do them on your own day. Most people don't need that, but if you really want to focus on them, that can help.

That was also a mistake switching away from weights to doing calisthenics for your cut. Probably lost a good amount of strength.

The way you trained to gain muscle is how you should continue to train during a cut.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Google Reviews of GettFit Online Coaching: https://g.page/r/CeuQw8grjXrzEAE

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the ******** Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.********.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigGriff85 View Post

PPL:

How about a different split? Chest/Bis, Legs, off Back, Shoulders/Tris off repeat.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.