Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Disappointed- Rogue V2 gun rack

I have three new rogue bars incoming and the gun rack showed up today . I noticed in their pics their gun rack V2 that it looks as though the plastic you install so that the bars do not get makes up is flush with the front of the gun rack .
    Was hoping this was just an illusion, but no , it’s true . So why would you not extent the perimeter of the plastic on the front also in order to protect the bars?
    I mean , yes you can be careful when you place them on the rack and make sure you don’t accidentally bump them on the front , but you shouldn’t have to imo .
    I suspect shipping wise it’s not even worth sending back , so I guess I’ll eat it and order a better product I found on Amazon .
    This is what happens when someone designs a product ,but sits in a cubicle all day and doesn’t even lift .
    Or am I being too critical,and should I just let all my expensive Ohio bars get nicked and scratched all the time ?

Attached Images
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 05-06-2021 at 05:21 PM.
    Make Misc great again

Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah nobody seems to be making a perfect gun rack. The Titan UHMW sticks out better in that regard, but I wouldn't get it either. It has a thinner UHMW sheet that can pull away with any sideways movement.

Maybe the American Barbell urethane coated one, but I don't know how well urethane would wear against knurling? It seems like it's gotta wear.
    www.tworepcave.com
    Black Friday deals page updated daily through Nov 2022

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Squeebo View Post
    Yeah nobody seems to be making a perfect gun rack. The Titan UHMW sticks out better in that regard, but I wouldn't get it either. It has a thinner UHMW sheet that can pull away with any sideways movement.

Maybe the American Barbell urethane coated one, but I don't know how well urethane would wear against knurling? It seems like it's gotta wear.
    Maybe I could elongate the holes and push it forward a 1/4” . Shouldn’t have to though .
    It’s unfortunate,as I haven’t built the necessary electronics to run my cnc router table .
    If I had it running I could make my own
    Make Misc great again

Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    I have three new rogue bars incoming and the gun rack showed up today . I noticed in their pics their gun rack V2 that it looks as though the plastic you install so that the bars do not get makes up is flush with the front of the gun rack .
    Was hoping this was just an illusion, but no , it’s true . So why would you not extent the perimeter of the plastic on the front also in order to protect the bars?
    I mean , yes you can be careful when you place them on the rack and make sure you don’t accidentally bump them on the front , but you shouldn’t have to imo .
    I suspect shipping wise it’s not even worth sending back , so I guess I’ll eat it and order a better product I found on Amazon .
    This is what happens when someone designs a product ,but sits in a cubicle all day and doesn’t even lift .
    Or am I being too critical,and should I just let all my expensive Ohio bars get nicked and scratched all the time ?

I'm not really sure what to say here....I feel like the overall design is a little wonky to begin with. I notice you can order this rack without the UHMW and I would have probably done that and simply installed some rubber edge channel over the entire leading edge of the gun rack. With weatherstrip adhesive and careful notching, the channel could look factory.

You'd think they would have extended the back edge of the J-hook as well to protect the bar when racking it. If you did in fact elongate the holes, both issues would be solved, but other areas would then be flush....unless you split the difference and come out like an 1/8"????

I used this particular product on my DB rack edges, but I'm at a loss right now for ideas that would help your particular situation (and not look totally tacky!). You paid for plastic, you ought to be able to use it!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    ***Everybody pities the weak....but jealousy, you have to earn!***

Cancer free since 2006, but fighting the battle daily

Originally Posted by Lifts4longevity View Post
    I'm not really sure what to say here....I feel like the overall design is a little wonky to begin with. I notice you can order this rack without the UHMW and I would have probably done that and simply installed some rubber edge channel over the entire leading edge of the gun rack. With weatherstrip adhesive and careful notching, the channel could look factory.

You'd think they would have extended the back edge of the J-hook as well to protect the bar when racking it. If you did in fact elongate the holes, both issues would be solved, but other areas would then be flush....unless you split the difference and come out like an 1/8"????

I used this particular product on my DB rack edges, but I'm at a loss right now for ideas that would help your particular situation (and not look totally tacky!). You paid for plastic, you ought to be able to use it!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    That’s not a terrible idea . I’m still in disbelief how incompetent rogue is.
    When I seen this pic I thought the rack would be ok , as it looks as though the plastic is extended past the front .
    But I’ll take a pic of mine , as it doesn’t

Attached Images
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 05-06-2021 at 06:00 PM.
    Make Misc great again

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Looks fine to me. Unless you are racking your bars while drunk I don't see it being an issue. There's lots of room above the j-hook.

Do your rack j-hooks have that plastic protection on the front of them? I have 2 sets and neither do.
    lol at being drunk . You never know ,as I have had a few bench offs with people after the bar closed
    Make Misc great again

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I imagine that some bean counter at Rogue probably determined they could save a few cents by leaving that extra material off.

I have the Titan gun rack and have never hit the front when putting a bar back. There's no way the Titan one is even using UHMW btw; it chips off very easily.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    I imagine that some bean counter at Rogue probably determined they could save a few cents by leaving that extra material off.
    I’m going to email Rogue and ask them if they even lift
    Make Misc great again

Well problem averted for now . I cut a piece of 1/2” Baltic birch plywood till I got it to fit into the remaining slot .
    I pried while tightening the bolts , and well , it did exceed the perimeter by 2.0 mm .
    I guess 2.0 mm is 2.0 mm. I could have elongated the holes but found this may suffice for now .
    Hopefully this weekend I’ll have time to install . My rogue squat bar arrived today ,as did this rack . Tomorrow the other two bars are scheduled for arrival.

Make Misc great again

Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000)
    I’m going to email Rogue and ask them if they even lift
    And I bet the person will respond with, "No, but I'm an engineer!"

And I bet the person will respond with, "No, but I'm an engineer!"
    I’ll definitely lmfao . Will update Misc with response lol
    Make Misc great again

squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, did you contact Rogue? Their CS isn't what it used to be, but it's still pretty good with resolving stuff like this.
    No war but class war

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Amazes me how people baby their bars. Also, how is it possible that you would accidentally bump your bar on the front of these hooks? How terrible can you aim possibly be? Thats what she said, lolololollol

Slow down, rack the bar properly and get on with your life.

Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post
    Amazes me how people baby their bars. Also, how is it possible that you would accidentally bump your bar on the front of these hooks? How terrible can you aim possibly be? Thats what she said, lolololollol

It’s lower than you think .

Srs , I’d prefer not to wreck the knurled area . I could widen the stance and use the sleeves , but nope
    Make Misc great again

I'm not:

Like wtf over . Only missed by this much
    Make Misc great again

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not:

Wow, that's bad. It's even worse than the stuff I received from Black Widow Training Gear (they attached the UHMW to my safeties at a 30 degree angle to the actual steel).

I'm not:

Brought to you by a rare form of manual labor dyslexia. Nothing to do with how the person reads, it's more of an assembly issue. Luckily QC at Rogue caught the mistake and quickly resolved it off on the customer.

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    I made my “gun rack” from a barn wood 5x6”. No scratching going on.
    Last edited by Murser; 05-07-2021 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Measured the wood

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My 6-bar Cap rack off of Amazon works fine. No opportunity for knurl to contact metal as far as I can see. Had it since 2018. Can't speak to current build quality and I don't see an 8-bar option.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZEYGUR4...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    My 6-bar Cap rack off of Amazon works fine. No opportunity for knurl to contact metal as far as I can see. Had it since 2018. Can't speak to current build quality and I don't see an 8-bar option.

I have that same one. Grabbed it as a used one showed up on the warehouse deals side. Had it for over a year, still haven't put it up since i do have 17 vertical bar holders. But I'm not putting my new duffalo bar into one of those so the cap rack is going to have to go up soon.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

Originally Posted by radrd View Post

I was actually looking at that one the other day and regretting not knowing about it till it was too late . Contemplating buying it and writing the Rogue off ,but I have the rogue sort of working for now , and when I get my cnc router table going , I’ll make proper replacement pieces .

From one pic the Cap looks good , but another shows the front flush.

Attached Images
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 05-07-2021 at 03:35 PM.
    Make Misc great again

Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post

I’m not 59 anymore
    Anyways , maybe my tendonitis will act up and my aim won’t be as good
    Make Misc great again

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It looks like the sleeves are supposed to be in the rack and not the knurled part?

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    It looks like the sleeves are supposed to be in the rack and not the knurled part?
    You can space them either way . I’d prefer to have them narrower for some reason
    Make Misc great again

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Post #5 would allow grabbing the bar anywhere on the knurling. With 3 new really nice bars, you might want to think about it.

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Post #5 would allow grabbing the bar anywhere on the knurling. With 3 new really nice bars, you might want to think about it.
    It’s tempting .
    All three showed up . Rogue has a strange shipping policy . 3 bars and the gun rack were ordered together,yet there were 3 separate shipments on 2 different days ?
    It’s all here though , so that’s all that matters.
    Will post pics soon b4 I get negged
    Make Misc great again

Here’s a couple pics . The squat bar is an absolute beast . 55 pounds instead of 45 , and fairly aggressive knurling .
    That’s a conventional Ohio bar underneath it for context

The new orange Ohio bar

As you can see, everything is displaced again , as I’ve moved things in order to paint that wall area and get the gun rack installed
    Make Misc great again

mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the Rogue 3 bar gun rack and the front of the rack is flush with the UHMW.

I have a 6 bar rack from Muscledriver USA and the part that you store the bar on is all made of UHMW.

I don’t have a pic handy, but here’s one from online:
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #36 ||---||
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #36 [M]===[6]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #36 ──<//>─<\\>──

Here’s a couple pics . The squat bar is an absolute beast . 55 pounds instead of 45 , and fairly aggressive knurling .
    That’s a conventional Ohio bar underneath it for context

The new orange Ohio bar

As you can see, everything is displaced again , as I’ve moved things in order to paint that wall area and get the gun rack installed
    WHOA! That orange bar looks sweet! Congrats on your new purchases!!!

WHOA! That orange bar looks sweet! Congrats on your new purchases!!!
    Thanks Bruh , I’m liking their bars if anything . Just did squats , and love the feel of the new bar , as it’s thicker and has middle knurling . More aggressive knurling than their other bars also
    Make Misc great again