josephm97f is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should i increase my calories while cutting?

Hello guys.

I need your advice on something i've been worrying about for a month now.

I haven't been to the gym for a year before the 1/4/2021 (which is the date is started hitting the gym again)

The thing is that i gained lots of fat during the one year break due to lots of junk food (i regret it)

I started with 2500 calories a day but i wanted to lose fat asap and and went down to 2000 calories a day really fast, the problem is that i didn't gain any strength before going down to 2000 calories a day and now i can barely bench 135lbs and im rrally afraid to go less than 2000 calories.

My question is, should i start at 2500 again and lower the calories slowly depending on my weight or should i just keep eating 2000 calories a day and go down after a plateau?

Here is a photo of my first ans only cut (i know it's no big deal but i didn't know how to cut properly)

I'm 166cm and 91 kg now

In the photo i was 69 kg
    Attached Images

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You looked like that and you can only bench 135 lbs? You trolling dude?
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You’re 40 lbs heavier now than in the pic so you need to get aggressive with losing fat. If you laid off the gym for awhile your lifts will go way down but they come back up fairly quickly so I’d cut on as few weekly calories that you can handle for awhile while getting in sufficient nutrients.your lifts will come back up somewhat due to your CNS re adapting.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    You looked like that and you can only bench 135 lbs? You trolling dude?
    That was two years ago dude, corona virus destroyed me, i spent a lot of time and money on junk food and sweets for months amd months without training, also my cut was pretty messed up, spent a year cutting to look like the pic (which is not really impressive imo) so i lost a lot of power with my last cut.

It's i just wanna cut down all the fat and clean bulk again to regain my strength

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You’re 40 lbs heavier now than in the pic so you need to get aggressive with losing fat. If you laid off the gym for awhile your lifts will go way down but they come back up fairly quickly so I’d cut on as few weekly calories that you can handle for awhile while getting in sufficient nutrients.your lifts will come back up somewhat due to your CNS re adapting.
    Thanks dude, i really hope i can get my strength back so i can preserve whatever left of my muscles

Haven't eaten a cheatmeal for a month now, i'm really determined about my goal right now.

Gonna keep the the 2000 calories then. And see what happens next

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by josephm97f View Post
    Thanks dude, i really hope i can get my strength back so i can preserve whatever left of my muscles

Haven't eaten a cheatmeal for a month now, i'm really determined about my goal right now.

Gonna keep the the 2000 calories then. And see what happens next
    depending on your lifestyle you may need to go lower than that to move through this a bit quicker

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

depending on your lifestyle you may need to go lower than that to move through this a bit quicker
    I
    I think i'll add cardio and stay at 2000 or maybe a 2200 cals a day.

I didn't have time for cardio but i'll do in a few days and add it to my routine.

I
    I think i'll add cardio and stay at 2000 or maybe a 2200 cals a day.

I didn't have time for cardio but i'll do in a few days and add it to my routine.
    That's fine on the cardio. I wouldn't go to 2,200 though

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I wouldn´t lower the calories so aggressively. You´ll have skin problems if you loose your weight so fast.

By the way, great physique on that photo you shared.

That's fine on the cardio. I wouldn't go to 2,200 though
    Gonna stick with the 2000 then and i'll up it if i noticed a huge weight loss

Originally Posted by ClaudeSpeed22 View Post
    I wouldn´t lower the calories so aggressively. You´ll have skin problems if you loose your weight so fast.

By the way, great physique on that photo you shared.
    Yup, that's one of my fears, gonna stick with 2000 with cardio for a while, i have lost 4kg in a month so far and i'll lower it to 1900 if i hit a plateau or up it if i noticed huge weight loss every week

Thanks man!! Appreciate the compliment.

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Loose skin only happens with large weight fluctuations, like losing 100lb. At least that's been my experience. My weight has gone up/down 40lb over the last several years and I have no loose skin after cutting down.

Yup, that's one of my fears, gonna stick with 2000 with cardio for a while, i have lost 4kg in a month so far and i'll lower it to 1900 if i hit a plateau or up it if i noticed huge weight loss every week

Thanks man!! Appreciate the compliment.
    I wouldn't worry about loose skin in your situation

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB