Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Registered User DoMoreWeighLess's Avatar
    DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Strong lifts mate. If you can maintain that strength while cutting then you'll be a beast
    Thanks man. I'm most worried about losing my bench, but that might just be part of the game. I do need time to add muscle to keep up with my cns, so it might be a good thing overall.

My squat and deadlift are about to explode if I can stay healthy. I am way more comfortable at these weights than I remember back in college. I could be wrong, but I'm fully expecting to be back at my old maxes before the end of the year.

It feels good to be back lifting. Now if I can keep working on this gut I can really enjoy this year to the fullest.
    I want to look straight down and see my toes.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good job!

Although, what kind of plates are you using? Looks like the first is a bumper plate but the second 45 also looks like another one but thinner. I believe you on the weight but that second plate does look like the 25 bumpers at my gym.

Not familiar with a lot of equipment outside of what I've used though so am curious.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Good job!

Although, what kind of plates are you using? Looks like the first is a bumper plate but the second 45 also looks like another one but thinner. I believe you on the weight but that second plate does look like the 25 bumpers at my gym.

Not familiar with a lot of equipment outside of what I've used though so am curious.
    LOL it's a home gym so we have a hodgepodge. I should get a bonus in july, and we plan to add more plates and a deadlift bar.

45bumper>45metal>35bumper>35metal for the 365 deads

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DoMoreWeighLess View Post
    LOL it's a home gym so we have a hodgepodge. I should get a bonus in july, and we plan to add more plates and a deadlift bar.

45bumper>45metal>35bumper>35metal for the 365 deads
    Nice, and I'd love to have the space and equipment for something like that.

Nice, and I'd love to have the space and equipment for something like that.
    Dude it's been a blessing. This is my friends place. Life kinda aligned and he mentioned he was starting to add weights and I could come over anytime.

Next thing I know dude's building a squat rack and buying weights. I'm a lot more comfortable here than a typical gym so it works.

One thing you guys may be able to help me with; I plan to be a lot more active once I'm off in the summer. I will be meal prepping and what not, but the big thing is I don't want to lose weight too fast. What's the best way to figure out my new tdee? Is it just trial and error? The gym and treadmills I can track pretty well, but activities like ultimate frisbee, basketball, swimming, etc. might be a bit harder. I thought about getting a new fitbit, but I've always heard watches are inaccurate measures for heartrate/calories. Any ideas?

I'm assuming I'll need more than 2000 daily, but I want to still be able to lose weight at a similar pace to how I have been. Maybe I'm just overthinking things.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Dude it's been a blessing. This is my friends place. Life kinda aligned and he mentioned he was starting to add weights and I could come over anytime.

Next thing I know dude's building a squat rack and buying weights. I'm a lot more comfortable here than a typical gym so it works.

One thing you guys may be able to help me with; I plan to be a lot more active once I'm off in the summer. I will be meal prepping and what not, but the big thing is I don't want to lose weight too fast. What's the best way to figure out my new tdee? Is it just trial and error? The gym and treadmills I can track pretty well, but activities like ultimate frisbee, basketball, swimming, etc. might be a bit harder. I thought about getting a new fitbit, but I've always heard watches are inaccurate measures for heartrate/calories. Any ideas?

I'm assuming I'll need more than 2000 daily, but I want to still be able to lose weight at a similar pace to how I have been. Maybe I'm just overthinking things.
    Since activity level is too variable to pin down reliably, what I would recommend is leaving it somewhat of a variable and instead keep a tight count on your calories, that way you're only working with one significant variable. Again, I think you'd lose at 3000 even without cardio as long as you're lifting heavy and regularly, so I'd personally aim for that or maybe even just a bit lower.

As far as meal prep goes, having an entire chicken breast, a protein shake, and then a dry-measured cup of rice every day in my experience is a good skeletal diet framework and will supply you with probably half of the carbs and protein you will need, with also half of the caloric allowance. All of that is cheap and easy to prepare. Mix it up with the remainder. I like to eat eggs in the morning, for instance.

Bit off more than I can chew again.

Pause Bench @ 265 5-5-5-3-3
    Pause Squat @ 305 5-5-5-5

Bench didnt go well but I've already wore my chest out so it makes sense. I've been really working my cns this week. I will need to work on explosion out of the bottom, thus the pause reps.

Squat felt good but the last set was so hard I bitched out. First week back I'm probably pushing a bit harder than I should, but 305 felt really good. Still having issues finding that perfect form. I think I will invest in fresh squat shoes this summer.

Made breakfast casserole cuz it's cheap and quick. Will make chicken and noodles in my crockpot tomorrow. Not much in the house if I don't cook ahead right now.
    Last edited by DoMoreWeighLess; 05-20-2021 at 08:03 PM.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Pause Bench @ 265 5-5-3-3

Bench didnt go well but I've already wore my chest out so it makes sense. I've been really working my cns this week. I will need to work on explosion out of the bottom, thus the pause reps.

Squat felt good but the last set was so hard I bitched out. First week back I'm probably pushing a bit harder than I should, but 305 felt really good. Still having issues finding that perfect form. I think I will invest in fresh squat shoes this summer.

Made breakfast casserole cuz it's cheap and quick. Will make chicken and noodles in my crockpot tomorrow. Not much in the house if I don't cook ahead right now.
    Lmk what shoes you go with. I've been squatting/deading with thin running shoes but they're not ideal, even if they don't have much cushion, anyway.

You've got this man. Just get your protein in and stay below 3,500 calories and I promise you'll lose fat. Make sure you're counting everything.

Lmk what shoes you go with. I've been squatting/deading with thin running shoes but they're not ideal, even if they don't have much cushion, anyway.

You've got this man. Just get your protein in and stay below 3,500 calories and I promise you'll lose fat. Make sure you're counting everything.
    Thanks man I'm definitely going to start shooting for at least 3000 and see how I feel. I may stick with adidas if they have a slightly taller shoe. Mine are currently 3inches if I'm not mistaken, but I don't feel the same stability I used to.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pause Bench @ 265 5-5-5-3-3

Ugh, I remember 5x5 squats. RIP legs lol. Nice weight though! Go for those 3 plates!
    What do you put in your breakfast casserole?
    My Workout/Training Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179722903

Originally Posted by rspinetti View Post
    Ugh, I remember 5x5 squats. RIP legs lol. Nice weight though! Go for those 3 plates!
    What do you put in your breakfast casserole?
    All we have is 13x9 pans so portions may sound a bit large.

tater tots on bottom layer
    baby spinach
    10 eggs - seasoned, cheesed, and well beat poured over the top
    bacon bits sprinkled throughout
    bass farm ground sausage(whole package) cooked and sprinkled throughout

Then oven that **** til it's done. Typically 375 for 35mins will do it. If not, I just throw it back for 10 minutes on 450

This has been the tastiest iteration. If I was cooking it for myself I would probably have used less cheese and added cut up peppers

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50) rspinetti will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All we have is 13x9 pans so portions may sound a bit large.

tater tots on bottom layer
    baby spinach
    10 eggs - seasoned, cheesed, and well beat poured over the top
    bacon bits sprinkled throughout
    bass farm ground sausage(whole package) cooked and sprinkled throughout

Then oven that **** til it's done. Typically 375 for 35mins will do it. If not, I just throw it back for 10 minutes on 450

This has been the tastiest iteration. If I was cooking it for myself I would probably have used less cheese and added cut up peppers
    Sounds phuarking delicious man!
    My Workout/Training Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179722903

Weight plateua'd this week. Really odd because I definitely ate better and worked harder than previous weeks. I'm gonna rest today, then we start again monday.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

I made the brilliant discovery that I can just do 1 hour/3 days of week of SS cardio instead of 35mins 5 days a week. Slightly longer duration, and will fit better around my schedule.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Scale seems to be moving in the right direction again. Will know for sure next week whether plateau is broken.

Lifts were okay yesterday. I think deadlifts will be fun today. Revisiting 4x3. Not sure if I want to try 375 or 385

Plan on getting 3 days of 1 hour SSC starting tomorrow, along with my lifts. My appetite has increased with the cardio, and I will have to be careful not to overeat.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Weight plateua'd this week. Really odd because I definitely ate better and worked harder than previous weeks. I'm gonna rest today, then we start again monday.
    That's most likely glycogen storage from having resumed your heavy lifting, as is the increased appetite, if I had to guess, which seems to spike it much more than cardio, at least in my own experience.

Also, if you're doing the powerlifting competition as well, you'll have to give priority to one or the other. As others have said, it's possible to hit new PRs in a cut but that's going to be a steeply uphill battle. As long as you're tracking your calories and staying in a deficit, heavy lifting will not prevent you from losing weight, but it takes a lot more discipline to avoid a caloric surplus when strength training, IME.

If you're going to attempt both, I'd pick one to give priority to.

That's most likely glycogen storage from having resumed your heavy lifting, as is the increased appetite, if I had to guess, which seems to spike it much more than cardio, at least in my own experience.

Also, if you're doing the powerlifting competition as well, you'll have to give priority to one or the other. As others have said, it's possible to hit new PRs in a cut but that's going to be a steeply uphill battle. As long as you're tracking your calories and staying in a deficit, heavy lifting will not prevent you from losing weight, but it takes a lot more discipline to avoid a caloric surplus when strength training, IME.

If you're going to attempt both, I'd pick one to give priority to.
    Ah see I was thinking cardio spiked it more. Great info thank you.

I'm planning to focus a lot more on strength and bodybuilding than cardio. If all goes well, I will be active enough to not need steady state.

I've got my summer packed with swimming, ultimate frisbee, nature walks, etc. I would definitely like doing things I enjoy over using a treadmill.

Because I plan to be active af and lifting, I will be increasing my daily calories by 500. I will slowly increase the number if I find myself lacking. I should be able to maintain strength if I'm losing at a 1-2 lbs pace.

It's gonna be a fun experiment for sure.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Ah see I was thinking cardio spiked it more. Great info thank you.

I'm planning to focus a lot more on strength and bodybuilding than cardio. If all goes well, I will be active enough to not need steady state.

I've got my summer packed with swimming, ultimate frisbee, nature walks, etc. I would definitely like doing things I enjoy over using a treadmill.

Because I plan to be active af and lifting, I will be increasing my daily calories by 500. I will slowly increase the number if I find myself lacking. I should be able to maintain strength if I'm losing at a 1-2 lbs pace.

It's gonna be a fun experiment for sure.
    Nice! Good choice, I think that's a better option.

I am a former runner and wish I had fully converted to lifting sooner. Cardio isn't unimportant, but I think it clearly yields less by way of advantage. You doubtless know from experience heavy lifts with short rest intervals involve a lot of cardio, anyway.

If you don't mind the question, do you drink? When I'm lifting heavy and even eating a lot of hefty, wholesome food, I drop weight pretty quickly but I do like to drink which makes it impossible both to eat adequately and lose weight, on any given day they're combined. Alcohol is nutritionally worthless and loaded with calories, so I'm not saying you do, but if so, cutting it out or limiting it to an occasional status might help you make a huge stride of progress.

Nice! Good choice, I think that's a better option.

I am a former runner and wish I had fully converted to lifting sooner. Cardio isn't unimportant, but I think it clearly yields less by way of advantage. You doubtless know from experience heavy lifts with short rest intervals involve a lot of cardio, anyway.

If you don't mind the question, do you drink? When I'm lifting heavy and even eating a lot of hefty, wholesome food, I drop weight pretty quickly but I do like to drink which makes it impossible both to eat adequately and lose weight, on any given day they're combined. Alcohol is nutritionally worthless and loaded with calories, so I'm not saying you do, but if so, cutting it out or limiting it to an occasional status might help you make a huge stride of progress.
    not much anymore. getting bigger killed that drive. never really liked alcohol, so needing more than 5 drinks to get buzzed at 310 just made me decide I didn't need it LMAO. I use it as a social tool on occasion now.

I will say I have to be careful with sodas. I normally end up on a cycle. I can cut them for a while, then one day I get one at a restaurant, maybe a week later I get one again, and then next thing I know I'm having one on the daily. Very hard for me to moderate something that tasty and cheap/easy to get my hands on.

This is why I make it a goal to stay away from fast food. It just has way too many ways for me to mess up, smh.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Yeah, it takes a lot when you're well above 200 lol, unless you've got an empty stomach.

Personally I've never been drawn to sweets, so the sugary froth of soda doesn't really appeal to me as it appears to do for many.

How are you getting your protein? Did you try the rice, eggwhite, chicken, Greek yogurt thing? Those are just suggestions but they're excellent foods to use to bulk up your food volume within a calorie deficit and provide lots of energy and protein.

I have a prodigious appetite sometimes and can really get full on those things and they are still tasty.
    Your tater tot thing sounded delicious but honestly that was probably way more calories than you thought. xD

Yeah, it takes a lot when you're well above 200 lol, unless you've got an empty stomach.

Personally I've never been drawn to sweets, so the sugary froth of soda doesn't really appeal to me as it appears to do for many.

How are you getting your protein? Did you try the rice, eggwhite, chicken, Greek yogurt thing? Those are just suggestions but they're excellent foods to use to bulk up your food volume within a calorie deficit and provide lots of energy and protein.

I have a prodigious appetite sometimes and can really get full on those things and they are still tasty.
    Your tater tot thing sounded delicious but honestly that was probably way more calories than you thought. xD
    Oh 100% lmao. I don't make it often because of all the starches. But it's delicious! I could probably do it without the tots, or with an alternative, that would make it a bit healthier. I will experiment and get back to you.

Normally I make a crockpot meal and eat that in the morning with a bag of microwaveable veggies. I get my chicken and protein mostly from those, but I don't track it too closely. I just stick to the one plate rule I made for myself, which I'm lately finding I can barely finish.

I've tried cooking in the morning, and it takes me too long on working days(multiple people in the house so there aren't always clean dishes). I do make omelettes and scrambled eggs on my off days, and I plan to incorporate more egg whites into those breakfast meals. I actually enjoy those a lot. As a matter of fact, that'd probably be a good substitute for my casserole....Greg Doucette also has a protein french toast recipe I want to perfect. Last time I didn't add enough artificial sweeter, but that **** had me full lmao.

Basically I'm trying new recipes, and figuring out what's best for me. I find something I like, I try to make it a bit healthier while keeping it tasty. Eventually I'll have a small cookbook of healthy, low effort meals that I can refer back to for my meal preps.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

4x3 @ 405 on deadlifts today. Felt really good. Still working on getting that perfect form again, but I think it will get better as i lose my gut. It just takes up too much space.

Appetite is for sure increased. Even with eating veggies. Will likely increase my fiber again. Energy levels are good this week, which feels ****in great.

Tomorrow will be an hour of cardio on the treadmill. Maybe accessories if I can fit a second session in

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great deadlift mate. Keep up the great work

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Great deadlift mate. Keep up the great work
    Thanks man. I'm not gonna lie it's tough, but the forums have helped me not get discouraged.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

4x3 @ 405 on deadlifts today. Felt really good. Still working on getting that perfect form again, but I think it will get better as i lose my gut. It just takes up too much space.

Appetite is for sure increased. Even with eating veggies. Will likely increase my fiber again. Energy levels are good this week, which feels ****in great.
    That's one of my favorite things about the deadlift, actually. Some seem to dislike it for being so neurologically taxing, but it's always been my experience in adapting that in recovery, my rested state has notably higher levels of energy, focus and drive.

Great lift once again and keep it up!

That's one of my favorite things about the deadlift, actually. Some seem to dislike it for being so neurologically taxing, but it's always been my experience in adapting that in recovery, my rested state has notably higher levels of energy, focus and drive.

Great lift once again and keep it up!
    Thanks man. It for sure brings the energy out.

We've got bench and squat on the agenda today. Will likely do pauses. Not sure what sets and reps quite yet.

Just realized it's memorial weekend. Will have to get some extra cardio in on Monday because I will be enjoying some tasty ass food that day.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Scale seems to be moving in the right direction again. Will know for sure next week whether plateau is broken.

Lifts were okay yesterday. I think deadlifts will be fun today. Revisiting 4x3. Not sure if I want to try 375 or 385

Plan on getting 3 days of 1 hour SSC starting tomorrow, along with my lifts. My appetite has increased with the cardio, and I will have to be careful not to overeat.
    Yeah, a sudden stop in weight loss when you haven't changed up anything is definitely water retention. Just wait it out another week or two before you make any changes. I'm super jelly of your deadlift weight!

Originally Posted by rspinetti View Post
    Yeah, a sudden stop in weight loss when you haven't changed up anything is definitely water retention. Just wait it out another week or two before you make any changes. I'm super jelly of your deadlift weight!
    Thanks man. I'm going to post progress pics and weight updates here soon. Just waiting for school to let out so I have the time to put everything together.

Yesterday I attempted 3x6 pauses

6-5-2 @ 255,265,275 Bench
    6-6-5 @ 285,295,305 Squat

Honestly just exhausted from this week. Ended up not being mentally strong, but at least I worked out. Wanted to work on explosiveness and form under tension. Can honestly say everything looked and felt amazing. Will be busy and eating bad over the holiday weekend, so I will get an hour of cardio today, tomorrow, and Monday. Will pair it with a bodybuilding workout on Saturday and Monday.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

As the old folks would say, my eyes are bigger than my stomach. Made some amazing food but couldnt quite finish it today. Not even complaining since itl keep my calories in check. I did manage to walk on friday and saturday to offset some of the extra calories as well.

Workout Plan Today:
    3x5 @ 275,285,295 Benchpress
    5x5 @ 295,315,335 Squat

Gonna take a nap to let my food settle, then I'll update how it goes. Pretty excited today.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

285 for 5

335 for 5

bench felt good. only failed last rep of 295
    squat felt horrible. didnt fail a rep, but definitely need to improve my core. still chasing perfect form/stance. just glad it's over tbh.

I am trying to lose weight slowly and hold onto my strength, but I'm really annoyed with my gut and mantitties. I might end up cutting a lot of weight here soon. Not sure how much longer I can really deal with it. Would like to be closer to the 230s by now.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022