ry1000111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ry1000111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ry1000111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ry1000111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ry1000111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ry1000111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ry1000111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ry1000111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ry1000111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ry1000111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ry1000111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

returning to gym after long injury layoff/shoulder+scap instability

Hey all,
    I have been out of the gym for quite awhile having decided to undergo two shoulder labrum repairs for chronic instability. I have since done the prescribed PT and am cleared to begin my own regimen at my own tolerance. I have no doubt lost a very large amount of muscle and strength which may affect how I feel, however I have continued to have stability issues with my left shoulder. it is not nearly as bad as before and my doc can't even detect it, however I get some uncomfortable posterior subluxation and pressing can be pretty uncomfortable as I can't really seem to properly engage my scapular muscles on that left side. any further issue requiring actual intervention has been ruled out after having consulted with Dr. and basically he tells me this is due to neuromuscular causes (in fact we did imagine and an EUA/arthroscopy to confirm). therefore, I was wondering if any fellow lifters have successfully managed similar shoulder and scapular stability issues whether in a post op setting or entirely non-op setting.
    Please note: I am not asking for medical advice. I am simply asking if any other individuals who have experienced the same issue have managed to work through it; this is valuable information for someone returning from a long injury layoff, and is info that doesn't come from any medical professional. anyone who has been seriously taken out of the game knows how important and assuring it is to hear of success stories from those with similar aspirations.

Thanks