Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100)

Exclamation running unless heart murmur

when I was eighteen years old I was diagnosed with ultrasound a heart murmur prolapse of the mitral, but the doctors did not give an opinion on this limiting themselves to the findings of the device that defined it as very mild without prejudice to competitive activity.
    Nevertheless I felt a lot of fatigue when before the viral pandemic I trained daily with road running with special shoes (or should I say rather fast pace or what I could afford?) the journey was very short but for me immoderately intense; however at the time I was improving very slowly.
    when I can resume I will have more progress, and when I feel the need to moderate my running pace and timing I will bring my heart rate monitor; but what criteria to use? my usual frequency is always different and higher than a normal person.
    although the cardiac performance is in itself a goal for me I have read on a specialized website that such aerobic training is also useful for bodybuilding. why does my breath change after bodyweight squats? but I do fine weightlifting exercises with high reps!
    third goal would be weight loss

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Have you seen an actual cardiologist who told you that you have no exercise restrictions with your presumably mild mitral valve prolapse? Per this link: https://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardio...on-in-athletes athletes with mitral valve prolapse should follow yearly with cardiology to monitor for progression.
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100) Lastworkout is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Have you seen an actual cardiologist who told you that you have no exercise restrictions with your presumably mild mitral valve prolapse?

please consider that I live in southern Europe... so the physician (I don't remember if he/she had professional title of cardiologist or simply of physician, but it would be petty same) literally took the machine outputs and write diagnosis! so formally I had a diagnosis; I can do any exercise... but I lost the piece of toilet paper! however most gyms and sport clubs don't ask customers for any certification; and I am training at home because I personally hate the gym leader.
    thanks for the link, friend.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I am not aware of echocardiograms giving machine outputs like EKG machines do. With an EKG the machine can give an interpretation but it is widely known that these are not very accurate; it's always preferable to have a cardiologist interpret them. I did some quick googling and this 2018 paper discusses generating an algorithm for automatic echocardiogram interpretation but to my knowledge that is not mainstream (https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full...AHA.118.034338). That said, I'm not a cardiologist so maybe this technology is available somewhere.

Regardless, if we ignore your potential heart defect (which generally is not problematic based on the prior link I posted if it is mild), and if you really cannot get further evaluation, then to simply answer your questions:

1. If you feel tired when running and haven't run in awhile this is likely due to deconditioning. This is due to both aerobic endurance deconditioning (ie, lack of heart adaptations conducive to better performance) and lack of the relevant musculature conditioning (ie, lack of mitochondrial and capillary density to aid with oxygen delivery and energy production in the muscles). Generally if you work on your conditioning most days of the week then within 3 weeks or so you will experience a lot of improvements in these factors and should feel in much better shape. Regarding criteria to use, please state your age and I'll walk you through the generic maximum heart rate and heart rate zone methods people use as a rough guideline for aerobic activity.

2. There is some evidence to suggest that high-intensity interval training may be helpful for skeletal muscle hypertrophy (reviewed here: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33512698/) but to my knowledge this has never been demonstrated to be superior or even equivalent to resistance training and I have not come across anything to indicate an additive effect between the two. Therefore, while aerobic training may help improve your overall conditioning and thus help increase your work capacity so you can perform more effective resistance training volume within the time constraints of your workouts, I do not believe it will have a beneficial effect for bodybuilding beyond that (though I could be wrong).

3. Body weight squats use a lot of musculature including your legs/glutes/core, and if you do these quickly this will make the stabilization challenge greater which also uses more energy. The more muscles you use the greater the need for increased blood flow, oxygen delivery, and carbon dioxide removal. Your respiratory rate and heart rate are key determining factors in these variables so they will increase when you do exercises that use more muscle. With weightlifting exercises it depends on the exercise. I suspect high rep squats with weight will lead you to breathing a lot. High rep bicep curls probably will not as you are working a much smaller percentage of your muscles.

4. Weight loss is going to a come from a caloric deficit. Aerobic training can help put you in a caloric deficit but this is mostly going to come from nutrition, not exercise.

you seem the most competent user of this forum, but why do you say that you are heterodox? I think that today to be so can be ambiguous.

no, I absolutely can't do high-intensity interval training, I would be tired quickly!

however yes, I am deconditioned, it is the proper word, I am a man 30 years old but feeling younger (in the body but not in the mind... it is off-topic in this portal but do you study similar things?!), and I will resume running when it would be safe (virus hit heavily my southern Europe!).
    but one thing doesn't exclude other: I have uncommon rest high frequency.
    so outside the schematic problem to define it a syndrome or not; my problem is:

I need train with running my heart that is a different variation from the ones of the typical (American? western?) man/boy of medical statistics; so I can't use the guidelines of American hearth association!
    it is very similar to the matter of body mass index: my body is naturally heavier!

why do I need criteria in using frequency tool while running?
    do I need moderate intensity and timing (obviously after necessary progresses!)?

Originally Posted by Lastworkout View Post
    you seem the most competent user of this forum, but why do you say that you are heterodox? I think that today to be so can be ambiguous.
    I'm a general pediatrician. I'm not more "competent" persay but I have more of a medical background that lets me be comfortable addressing the threads with medical questions. I'm not "heterodox", rather I'm not specifically a cardiologist. I do follow general medical/health guidelines and practice evidence-based medicine.

no, I absolutely can't do high-intensity interval training, I would be tired quickly!
    Well the idea of HIIT is to get tired quickly but I agree if you are really deconditioned it makes more sense to build up a baseline first prior to doing higher intensity activity.

however yes, I am deconditioned, it is the proper word, I am a man 30 years old but feeling younger (in the body but not in the mind... it is off-topic in this portal but do you study similar things?!)
    I do not study similar things.

, and I will resume running when it would be safe (virus hit heavily my southern Europe!).
    I'm trying my best to follow along but I do not understand "uncommon rest high frequency".

I need train with running my heart that is a different variation from the ones of the typical (American? western?) man/boy of medical statistics; so I can't use the guidelines of American hearth association!
    it is very similar to the matter of body mass index: my body is naturally heavier!
    I think for some reason you think you are abnormal enough that general medical/training advice does not apply to you, but unless you have an uncommon medical condition where extra considerations are required, and unless you are on a medicine such as a beta-blocker which will keep your heart rate low, the standard advice will still apply to you.

That said, BMI is notoriously inaccurate but is still useful if used appropriately.

do I need moderate intensity and timing (obviously after necessary progresses!)?
    You don't "need" anything other than to start getting in better shape.

How about this, start by doing circuits in your home of push-ups, sit-ups, burpees, jumping rope, shadow boxing, etc, all 30 seconds at a time. Start with 2 minutes of activity and if you feel good the next day increase it to 3. Keep adding 1 minute each day while you feel ok until you can do 30 minutes of activity daily. This can be spread out throughout the day initially and then gradually work on doing longer periods of activity in a row.

excuse me

however yes, I am deconditioned, it is the proper word, I am a man 30 years old but feeling younger (in the body but not in the mind... it is off-topic in this portal but do you study similar things?!), and I will resume running when it would be safe (virus hit heavily my southern Europe!).

thank you for your great courtesy and availability.
    unfortunately we did not understand each other in the two previous posts, this is due to my poor knowledge of English language as you have noticed yourself.
    I apologize for thinking that you are heterodox, I read that you defined yourself <<not mainstream>>, you must know that we Italians use (too much!) English words but with a sense a little bit deviated.
    I wanted to know your scientific opinion.

I am convinced that I have a different heart variant because I used a home automatic instrument with pressure cuff, although I do not understand how it works it gave me high frequency values; I think there is a connection with the old diagnosis.

I also said that for now the in-training heart rate monitor is superfluous because I am at an immature level and techniques such as HIIT are not possible for me.

But having to plan progress I would like to have information on my heart frequency and how to reduce it (through cardiac hypertrophy?), and on the future usefulness of the in-training heart rate monitor which is usually recommended.

I don't know anything about aerobic training nor about some exercises to do at home both as cardiac training and as a warm up before weightlifting workouts; where to look for good readings?

despite the usefulness of the forum, I am aware of the need for a medical examination; even though I had bad experiences I will be looking for a good doctor after the end of the viral pandemic.

thanks.

thank you for your great courtesy and availability.
    unfortunately we did not understand each other in the two previous posts, this is due to my poor knowledge of English language as you have noticed yourself.
    I apologize for thinking that you are heterodox, I read that you defined yourself <<not mainstream>>, you must know that we Italians use (too much!) English words but with a sense a little bit deviated.
    I wanted to know your scientific opinion.

I am convinced that I have a different heart variant because I used a home automatic instrument with pressure cuff, although I do not understand how it works it gave me high frequency values; I think there is a connection with the old diagnosis.
    Ok, I think when you say "high frequency" what you really mean is "high heart rate". If you have a standard automatic blood pressure cuff that also tells you your heart rate, what is your blood pressure and heart rate shortly after waking up in the morning?

Separately, any mitral valve prolapse is unlikely to cause a faster heart rate unless it's doing something rather extreme like causing a supraventricular tachycardia (where your heart rate will be really, really fast) or atrial fibrillation (where your heart rate will be both fast and irregular).

Please report back what your heart rate is. Also check your actual pulse with your fingers and count that over 60 seconds. Report back if the length of time between each pulse is consistent or if it varies.

I also said that for now the in-training heart rate monitor is superfluous because I am at an immature level and techniques such as HIIT are not possible for me.

But having to plan progress I would like to have information on my heart frequency and how to reduce it (through cardiac hypertrophy?), and on the future usefulness of the in-training heart rate monitor which is usually recommended.
    If your fast heart rate is due to deconditioning, which seems most likely (unless it's really fast), then any aerobic training will help bring it down. This will be in part due to a good type of cardiac hypertrophy. Regarding in-training heart rate monitors, they are helpful if you are hoping to stay within a specific heart rate zone with your training. They are absolutely not necessary for beginners who simply need to get into decent shape at first. Also not necessary for more advanced people but can certainly be fun to incorporate.

I don't know anything about aerobic training nor about some exercises to do at home both as cardiac training and as a warm up before weightlifting workouts; where to look for good readings?

despite the usefulness of the forum, I am aware of the need for a medical examination; even though I had bad experiences I will be looking for a good doctor after the end of the viral pandemic.

thanks.
    You don't need to read anything at first; simply do some sort of activity that gets your heart rate up to the point where it's difficult to maintain a conversation, perhaps break a mild sweat, and get to the point where you can maintain this for 30 minutes. Then gradually increase the intensity from there.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You sound like you're just out of shape in general. But I seriously hope you're going to see a doctor ASAP when it's safe to do so, because I don't understand how you haven't followed up at all with medical checkups or further opinion after being given a generic heart murmur diagnosis 12 years ago. Heisman2 has gone above and beyond but you should get medical advice based on a current exam/tests.

Exclamation when do I have to measure my values?

friend, unfortunately I am very confusing and I forgot to say some important things.

the medical visits I underwent were three.
    the first was the one I wrote about at the beginning with an ultrasound instrument;
    the second was with a sports specialist physician who wanted to prohibit any physical activity, even recreational, but I do not remember what instrument he used;
    the third was from another physician who used an electrocardiogram under stress that detected a state within the limits of normal.
    all three times diagnosed by health scientists, but the difference is in the instrument!

other problems are that I currently take tavor tablets orosoluble 2.5 mg as needed (as I said in another of my threads on eating disorders, but I was laughed at as usual!!) but I am trying to reduce to a single tablet late in the day, that in the morning I am restless, that during the day I suffer from alterations including migraine.

I am now trying to feel my pulse: I do not understand what the rate is, but the rhythm seems regular.

thank you! I apologize but I have an immature language.

Exclamation why does the machine sometimes do errors? what do I have to think?

although i took one of those tavor tablets yesterday, today i wake up in bed quite quietly and after a while i got up to take several measurements with the pressure cuff instrument. i was on an empty stomach, away from both meals and workouts.

after that i tried to use the in-training heart rate monitor but it wouldn't turn on.

instrument average output:

sys 106 mmhg
    dia 74 mmhg
    rate 75 / min

[but initially there was some wrong output with rate up to 93! WHY?]

If Tavor is the medicine I think it is from googling then that explains a lot.

I do not know why your machine malfunctioned. I do know your stated heart rate and blood pressure are normal.

It is possible the sports medicine physician wanted to prohibit you from activity until you were seen by a cardiologist. However, this should have been made clear to you.

It is concerning you keep remembering new information that you forgot to state previously.

I am pretty confident I have said everything I can that will potentially be useful. Good luck as you try to get this all figured out.

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸͺ³ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We are not doctors, do not take medical advice about your heart on an Internet forum from studies googled and copy /pasted. Getting a heart monitor may help but I can’t say for sure. One thing I can say if at any point during exercise you have chest pains, stop exercising and get medical attention

If I was you, I would walk, it’s more optimal for burning fat Anyways. You should probably find a way to pay and visit somewhere with a specialist and get more clarification on your condition and or if it has worsened

Edit: Heisman2 is a doctor but without tests or really a full scope of your condition it would be pretty difficult to give advice I assume
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew