DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Program for size + strength/power/speed?

My goals are primarily size/aesthetic based but I also care about athletic performance for combat sports (strength, speed, power). Is there a program that primarily focuses on size with some good attention to athletic performance for combat sports?

The only program that comes to mind is the 4 day U/L Westside Conjugate system. Would this be the best program for my goals?

Thanks

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DogletDusk View Post
    My goals are primarily size/aesthetic based but I also care about athletic performance for combat sports (strength, speed, power). Is there a program that primarily focuses on size with some good attention to athletic performance for combat sports?

The only program that comes to mind is the 4 day U/L Westside Conjugate system. Would this be the best program for my goals?

Thanks
    Candito linear Strength/Control or Strength/Power

You might also look into training with clubs and maces, as they allow you to strengthen dynamic movements that mimic combat sports. Mark Wildman is one to look up.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Paul Carter has a good one, I’ll see if I can dig it up.

Understand that carrying excess bulk won’t help you in a fight, and strength at lifting probably won’t do jack chit anyway.

That power lifter that got murdered in a fist fight by a fighter half his size is more than proof of that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...kle-brawl.html

The program in question:
    http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2010/09...r-mma.html?m=1

Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post

You might also look into training with clubs and maces, as they allow you to strengthen dynamic movements that mimic combat sports. Mark Wildman is one to look up.
    These are good suggestions as well.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DogletDusk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post

Thank you so much, I’ll check those out!

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Paul Carter has a good one, I’ll see if I can dig it up.

Understand that carrying excess bulk won’t help you in a fight, and strength at lifting probably won’t do jack chit anyway.

That power lifter that got murdered in a fist fight by a fighter half his size is more than proof of that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...kle-brawl.html

The program in question:
    http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2010/09...r-mma.html?m=1

These are good suggestions as well.
    Thanks for the suggestion bro, I appreciate it!

And I get what you’re saying. My goals are primarily aesthetics based, so the size isn’t for performance exactly. However, I respectfully disagree that size doesn’t matter in a fight, otherwise weight classes wouldn’t exist. If the powerlifter knew how to fight, he should whoop the dude half his size. Skill always takes precedence, but size is usually the defining factor when skill is matched.

I agree with you that strength in lifting doesn’t carry over well due to specificity. That’s why I was intrigued by westside conjugate. It’s low specificity training in that you’re rotating lifts often, so you’re doing max effort + speed work at a wide range of joint angles, which would carry over better to athletic endeavors more than traditional lifting where you stick with the same basic lifts. A good amount of UFC fighters/NFL players are on this system actually.

Thanks for contributing!

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DogletDusk View Post
    Thank you so much, I’ll check those out!

Thanks for the suggestion bro, I appreciate it!

And I get what you’re saying. My goals are primarily aesthetics based, so the size isn’t for performance exactly. However, I respectfully disagree that size doesn’t matter in a fight, otherwise weight classes wouldn’t exist. If the powerlifter knew how to fight, he should whoop the dude half his size. Skill always takes precedence, but size is usually the defining factor when skill is matched.

I agree with you that strength in lifting doesn’t carry over well due to specificity. That’s why I was intrigued by westside conjugate. It’s low specificity training in that you’re rotating lifts often, so you’re doing max effort + speed work at a wide range of joint angles, which would carry over better to athletic endeavors more than traditional lifting where you stick with the same basic lifts. A good amount of UFC fighters/NFL players are on this system actually.

Thanks for contributing!
    You certainly are on the right track my friend.

Conjugate is fun, but very very overwhelming and hard to keep track of. If you go that route, get ready to record EVERYTHING.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    You certainly are on the right track my friend.

Conjugate is fun, but very very overwhelming and hard to keep track of. If you go that route, get ready to record EVERYTHING.
    Thanks so much for your help!

Oward89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oward89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oward89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oward89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oward89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oward89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oward89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oward89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oward89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oward89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Oward89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Losing weight as part of weight management is important because weighing too much is not good for your health. Being overweight increases your risk of health conditions such as heart problems, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer.

Being overweight can also increase your risk for osteoarthritis (joint disease), sleep apnea (abnormal breathing at night), or other respiratory (breathing) problem. Being overweight may also cause a person to feel sad or be treated differently by others.
    More videos to learn how to lose weight:
    Video 1: adfoc.us/6454721
    Video 2: adfoc.us/64547279272046
    Video 3: adfoc.us/64547279272049
    Copy and past the link due to rules.