Pronoun: Phaggot/Genius backinbusiness's Avatar
    backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Right program that’s well rounded?

3 years ago slipped a disc in my neck doing overhead press. Kept reinjuring it over a year...so I took a year to recover and stopped lifting. Covid hits...here I am 2+ years later ready to get back.

I want to be more well rounded this time. I strictly ran Starting Strength. I'd still like to get back strong...life goal is hit 1000lbs across bench/squat/deadlift, but I want to improve on the roundedness which SS doesn't necessarily do. I got up to 800lbs across all 3 before I got injured.

What programs would still keep me progressing heavily on Bench/Squat/Dead but add more of a rounded approach?

3/day week split is ideal.
    Misc Firearm Crew. 2nd Amendment cannot be Interpreted.
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
    2023 Goal: Continue triggering leftist R&P deranged posters and incels.
    Never relax around joggers

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Given your goals, what's your definition of well rounded? If you like the SS setup and only want to do 3 days, as long as you're doing rows and a vertical pull it'd be pretty well rounded.

Not sure where your lifts are now, but at some point you'd prob want to play with the programming and do some lift variations to keep progressing though.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by backinbusiness View Post
    3 years ago slipped a disc in my neck doing overhead press. Kept reinjuring it over a year...so I took a year to recover and stopped lifting. Covid hits...here I am 2+ years later ready to get back.

I want to be more well rounded this time. I strictly ran Starting Strength. I'd still like to get back strong...life goal is hit 1000lbs across bench/squat/deadlift, but I want to improve on the roundedness which SS doesn't necessarily do. I got up to 800lbs across all 3 before I got injured.

What programs would still keep me progressing heavily on Bench/Squat/Dead but add more of a rounded approach?

3/day week split is ideal.

With a three day a week program you could play around with one of these options for sure...

Week 1- ABA
    Week 2- BAB

Or...

AB full body

A- upper body pushes and pulls
    B- lower body focus

Examples:
    A- (pushes)- bench, incline, dips, military press (pulls) rows, pull-ups, upright rows
    B-(lower focus) squat, front squats, leg press, deadlifts

On a full day, push, pull and squat

I don’t think a program needs a “name” to be solid.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GZLP would be a solid intro again.

Powerlifting to win is more 3 lift focussed, but still pretty solid at covering bases with accessory work.

Both are infinitely more intelligent and sensible than SS
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee