Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Joined a gym for the first time . . .

I signed up for Planet Fitness recently and haven't yet gone. I'm using Planet Fitness only to take showers, and to use the toilets. It's possible I may use some of the equipment, but I doubt it.

I plan on taking paper towels to dry off after showering. I don't want to take a proper towel. I want something disposable to throw out on my way out of the gym. Are there other people here who bring paper towels for showering? Or is this a strange method, or frowned upon?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I also joined a gym only for the showers, and use their toilet paper to dry off since it's free. I frown upon those who bring paper towels to dry off after showering.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Stenep View Post
    I signed up for Planet Fitness recently and haven't yet gone. I'm using Planet Fitness only to take showers, and to use the toilets. It's possible I may use some of the equipment, but I doubt it.

I plan on taking paper towels to dry off after showering. I don't want to take a proper towel. I want something disposable to throw out on my way out of the gym. Are there other people here who bring paper towels for showering? Or is this a strange method, or frowned upon?
    Are you homeless or trolling?
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stenep is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Are you homeless or trolling?
    I'm semi-homeless.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I also joined a gym only for the showers, and use their toilet paper to dry off since it's free. I frown upon those who bring paper towels to dry off after showering.
    Are you joshing me? If you're homeless these gyms are a great resource for a shower. Planet Fitness is cheap, as well.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't help. I don't shower. I bathe in the blood of the weak.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have dried myself with paper hand towels on a few occasions in a few places (forgotten towel or something spilled on it, etc) and it's not great, but it is do-able. A downside is that you don't have a towel to wrap round your waist walking to and from the shower area and if you drip all over the locker room people don't like that, so tried to reduce that as best you can (maybe squeeze water out of hair and wait a minute or 2 after the shower ends before you walk)

You want to make sure that it's not the paper that will break up when wet, especially when rubbing your hair. I have seen people shaving at gyms so this is pretty normal but make sure you clean the basin thoroughly afterwards or you will be very antisocial. Brushing teeth in a gym is pretty normal too especially in city gyms where people go straight to work afterwards.

I know that using the gym isn't your priority, but if you are paying for it try using it. A quick and simple weights workout can make reduce stress and improve physical and mental health. If you have housing difficulties you probably need all the stress reduction you can get.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP: If you're not trolling, try a compact swimmer towel like the ones Speedo makes that's the size of a face towel. It magically absorbs all water then you can wring it instantly dry after.

OFT: You can keep one in its tiny case in your gym bag for those times when you forget a towel, and wear it like a fig leaf when you leave the shower.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Did you join BB.Com just to get that off your chest, or do you plan on picking up a dumbbell at some point?

You can always run around under that air dryer hand thing, that's what tater tot does
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Did you join BB.Com just to get that off your chest, or do you plan on picking up a dumbbell at some point?
    Dude got lost on the way to the Misc. Happens sometimes.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just don't grunt while you're walking to the locker room. They may ask you to leave.

Amateur boxer turned bodybuilder...

Hit me up on Sherdog.. TeTe

Road to 190@15% bf

June 2020 = 185 @20.5% bf
    June 2021 = 183 @18.2% bf

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xTeTe View Post
    Just don't grunt while you're walking to the locker room. They may ask you to leave.
    A gym I used to go to, there was often a guy that went at same time as me (before work) he used to make loads of really loud grunting noises whenever he was in the shower, it was very weird. He was extremely hairy like a short version Chewbacca, ok not quite that bad, but close. Nobody mentioned the grunting because everyone was uncomfortable going near him. Slightly off topic but thought I'd share that

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm semi-homeless.
    A lot of Nomadic folks join a chain fitness gym just for the showers. It works.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Thanks for the tips OldFartTom. Good to know that shaving isn't frowned upon in gyms. I had forgotten that a gym is a place to shave - I hadn't even considered that when signing up. As for brushing teeth, I'd just do that while taking a shower.

I didn't consider that the shower and lockers are separated. I assumed you took everything in the shower with you and just dressed in the shower or a private room outside the shower. Yes, in that case paper towels aren't a good option. As air2fakie mentioned one of those swimmer/off trail camper towels is a good option. I just ordered a BEARZ Outdoor Quick Dry Towel Set on Amazon. One is 48x24 inches and the other one is a hand towel.

I got the PF Black Card membership, which allows me to use any location in the world. That will come in handy. Don't know if I'll exercise. Homeless tend to get plenty of exercise. Most homeless people I see are on the thin side. But maybe that's drugs talking.

I'm 5'10 and 179lbs. Wear 32x32 pants. I'm one of those people where most of my fat goes to my belly, but not other places. I'd like to get rid of that.

I like the sound of Planet Fitness's hydromassage machine. Might check that out.

Another question about electrical outlets. Is it frowned upon if you use the outlets to charge stuff? Let's say charge something for 10-15 minutes?

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    A lot of Nomadic folks join a chain fitness gym just for the showers. It works.
    Yes, I've seen videos on youtube, mostly people who live in their vans. Being homeless and having a van is what I'd call semi-homeless. Though I don't have a van, I do have camping equipment, and some other niceties such as a usps po box which can be used as a street address -- only $80 for 6 months, much cheaper than the UPS Store and places like that. Also have the smallest size a local storage facility offers, which is where I keep everything I don't immediately need. My foldable bike fits in there nicely.