Thread: Review/Advice

tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Review/Advice

Hi all,

I've been lifting for about a year now. Previously I weighed 240lbs. I got down to where I need to be to be healthy, but I kinda got addicted to lifting. Anyway, I need some help with review. My triceps are getting a lot bigger than my biceps (in my opinion). I think I might not be working my biceps efficiently. Would you guys mind reviewing my pics and give me any pointers? All photos are flexed.

My bicep focused exercises are:

Incline curl
    Preacher curl into squat (using EZ curl bar)
    EZ barbell curl

I was doing preacher curls in my routine, then switched to the above while doing PHUL for the last 10 weeks or so. The preacher to squat I was doing on leg days just to get extra biceps in because I have been trying to fix this issue on my own, unsuccessfully. I just shifted to the Fierce 5 U/L, which only has one curl in it. I've chosen the seated incline curl as my exercise for that.

Any help would be appreciated! Maybe I just don't have bicep genetics lol
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tjcashmoney; 04-28-2021 at 04:32 AM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tris naturally should be bigger than bis, and yours seem proportionately developed. Some of what you're seeing in your tris volume is fat.

tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Tris naturally should be bigger than bis, and yours seem proportionately developed. Some of what you're seeing in your tris volume is fat.
    Cool, I’m not overly worried about the volume difference then. Thank you for that. Fat? Does it look excessive? I still have the mindset of a fat guy but my waist is 31” now (just got fitted for a tux). I have a skewed perception of my body. I’m still trying to cut, but to be honest with myself I’m closer to maintenance. I’m just so sick of being hungry all the time, but if my fat is still excessive I’m gonna cut harder and more disciplined again.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tjcashmoney View Post
    Fat? Does it look excessive? I still have the mindset of a fat guy but my waist is 31” now (just got fitted for a tux).
    Perfectly normal and not excessive, and not fat guy arms. Don't sweat it.

Thanks a lot man. I’ll keep at what I’m doing then. Now I know my bi to tri proportions are accurate. I thought it was a huge difference.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think what you may be missing is the peak in your biceps which gives the illusion of a big arm overall. Just focus on a shorter range of motion, the contraction of the bicep, and you will be well on your way to filling out the rest of the arm.

Good luck
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No advice, just wanted to say congratulations on getting healthy. I must have taken a lot of dedication and hardwork to get down from 240Lbs.

Arms look great by the way, just keep on plugging away.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    I think what you may be missing is the peak in your biceps which gives the illusion of a big arm overall. Just focus on a shorter range of motion, the contraction of the bicep, and you will be well on your way to filling out the rest of the arm.

Good luck
    I do not know if I fully understand. I tried what you said yesterday at the end of my routine. I used my ez curl bar and instead of fully extending my arms to my thigh I stopped when my forearm was at 90 degrees to my upper arm. Is this correct?

Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    No advice, just wanted to say congratulations on getting healthy. I must have taken a lot of dedication and hardwork to get down from 240Lbs.

Arms look great by the way, just keep on plugging away.
    Thank you. It did take a lot of dedication and hard work.

machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great job! Keep it up brother!!

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tjcashmoney View Post
    I do not know if I fully understand. I tried what you said yesterday at the end of my routine. I used my ez curl bar and instead of fully extending my arms to my thigh I stopped when my forearm was at 90 degrees to my upper arm. Is this correct?
    Yes correct, partials or pump out sets.
    I missed that part, so you are on your way.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!