Thread: help please

leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

help please

I'm new to this forum and wanted some advice please. hope I'm on the right thread.

My stats:
    female
    age - 28
    height - 5'3/160cm
    weight - 58kg/127lbs

I've been working out for 6 months now and I don't think I have been getting my calories right. I lift weights 4-5 times a week and eat 1400 calories as I'm trying to cut. I am aware the body recomposes is a slow process and I rather cut while lifting heavy and then once my body fat is low then I can start my slow bulk. Please can someone help me on how to get the correct amount of calories to lose fat? (1lbs a week)

when I put my stats in the calorie calculator on light activity 1-3 times a week level is 1,759. (even though I work out 5 times a week I was told these calculators underestimate the activity level so I have chosen light activity). so to lose lbs a week I have to minus 500 calories which brings my total to 1259 which I feel is very low! I think I will struggle lifting heavy on 1259 calories a day. my PT said 1259 calories is about right but I'm not sure.

also, once I reach my ideal weight with low body fat which is 52kg/114lbs where do I start in terms of bulking - how many calories do I focus on for a slow bulk? I'm aiming for 1g protein per bodyweight lbs and 0.4g fat per bodyweight lbs and the rest carbs. I'm just not sure where to start on a bulk?

I'm kind of skinny fat and have built a bit of muscle which is hard to see with my fat percentage being higher so please if you can take the time to advise.

THANKS

tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Everything is kinda touch and go, you make little changes over and over. It's taken me a couple years to realize that, although I'm a naturally skinny dude, my body reacts better with high fat, moderate carb intake. I use it to bulk and to cut. Doing the math you're getting around 50g of fat, 127g of protein, and 110g carbs at 1400cal. That's not bad but if you feel lke you're really hungry all the time I recommend, trying to eat more fat and less carbs to see if it helps. Fat intake is incredibly necessary for hormone regulation anyway, it's also supposed to help you feel fuller. Though you're already getting the necessary amount required.

Another thing, extended periods of low cal will slow down your metabolism, 6 months of doing it probably slowed you down a little already. You could probably up your calories for a couple days maybe a week and see some results again when you go back down. Caffeine speeds up your metabolism as well. Thermogenics are kinda scammy, so research before you buy them, but they are also supposed to speed up the metabolism.

Also, take things slow, if you don't notice changes immediately don't freak out and start going super low cal, I know you said you understand recomp takes awhile but still, give your body a chance to adapt. It gets smaller only if it thinks it has to, it gets bigger only if it thinks it has to, it stays the same if it doesn't need to change, it doesn't care what you want and it takes time.
    When you need to bulk, go to maintenance and add 500 calories, like I said I prefer more fat so I'm biased, but you can increase any macronutrient, there is a threshold for protein and it's ability to be used though. Take in 600grams and it's not gonna do much more than If you take in 200grams, it will probably mess with your stomach though.

Calories required to digest macros are different. Protein requires the most, carbs second most, fat requires the least. Not necessarily important but interesting.

I gave you a fukkton of info, so my bad about the read time, last thing I'll add is look into, If it fits your macros, assuming you haven't. A lot of people have good results with it, I use it myself. It's worked much better than chicken and rice everyday, for me.

leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you so much!! that's really helpful.. a lot of good information there.I will take it all on board and see what happens and adjust accordingly.
    Originally Posted by tas4563 View Post
    Everything is kinda touch and go, you make little changes over and over. It's taken me a couple years to realize that, although I'm a naturally skinny dude, my body reacts better with high fat, moderate carb intake. I use it to bulk and to cut. Doing the math you're getting around 50g of fat, 127g of protein, and 110g carbs at 1400cal. That's not bad but if you feel lke you're really hungry all the time I recommend, trying to eat more fat and less carbs to see if it helps. Fat intake is incredibly necessary for hormone regulation anyway, it's also supposed to help you feel fuller. Though you're already getting the necessary amount required.

Another thing, extended periods of low cal will slow down your metabolism, 6 months of doing it probably slowed you down a little already. You could probably up your calories for a couple days maybe a week and see some results again when you go back down. Caffeine speeds up your metabolism as well. Thermogenics are kinda scammy, so research before you buy them, but they are also supposed to speed up the metabolism.

Also, take things slow, if you don't notice changes immediately don't freak out and start going super low cal, I know you said you understand recomp takes awhile but still, give your body a chance to adapt. It gets smaller only if it thinks it has to, it gets bigger only if it thinks it has to, it stays the same if it doesn't need to change, it doesn't care what you want and it takes time.
    When you need to bulk, go to maintenance and add 500 calories, like I said I prefer more fat so I'm biased, but you can increase any macronutrient, there is a threshold for protein and it's ability to be used though. Take in 600grams and it's not gonna do much more than If you take in 200grams, it will probably mess with your stomach though.

Calories required to digest macros are different. Protein requires the most, carbs second most, fat requires the least. Not necessarily important but interesting.

I gave you a fukkton of info, so my bad about the read time, last thing I'll add is look into, If it fits your macros, assuming you haven't. A lot of people have good results with it, I use it myself. It's worked much better than chicken and rice everyday, for me.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^I've always liked Quest whey protein bars. They are low in calories and contain high-quality whey protein isolate. They've always been my go-to snack and have never taken the place of nutritional wholesome food sources (including whole grains).
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    ^^^I've always liked Quest whey protein bars. They are low in calories and contain high-quality whey protein isolate. They've always been my go-to snack and have never taken the place of nutritional wholesome food sources (including whole grains).
    Hi Ettete
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST BANANA CREAM PIE?

You can start the pie with any pie crust you prefer. A traditional pastry crust like in my blueberry pie, you only need 1 pie crust. Or a graham cracker crust, like called for in this recipe. A crust made with Nilla Wafers or Golden Oreos would be really delicious too.
    The pudding will thicken as it cooks. Make sure you give it enough time on the stove to fully thicken. It will thicken a bit more as it chills in the fridge, but if the pudding is runny in the pot it will most likely still be runny when cooled.
    You can also use banana extract instead of, or in addition to the vanilla extract for a stronger banana flavor in the pie.
    For a creamier and fluffier pie filling, you can fold 1 cup of whipped cream (1/2 cup whipping cream whipped) into the pudding mixture before adding it into the pie crust.
    Dip your banana slices in lemon juice before layering them in the pie, to keep them from browning when the pie is cut into.
    The filling is a stove top cooked pudding, which can mean it can be a little messy when slicing. For neater slices, throw the pie in the freezer for about 30 minutes before slicing.
    MR.PHF '09

“Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them.”- Don Quixote

''Damn right I like the life I live

'Cause I went from negative to positive

And it's all Good..."

"Friends come and go but Enemies Accumulate"

"Zero tolerance Crew" ZERO, NADA !!!!

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Hi Ettete

Hi Mark. How's everything? Hope you've been doing well!

To stay on topic: I think they have an apple pie Quest protein bar. I'm surprised they didn't come up with a banana creampie yet.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!