Thread: help please

leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leeches1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

help please

I'm new to this forum and wanted some advice please.

My stats:
    female
    age - 28
    height - 5'3/160cm
    weight - 58kg/127lbs

I've been working out for 6 months now and I don't think I have been getting my calories right. I lift weights 4-5 times a week and eat 1400 calories as I'm trying to cut. I am aware the body recomposes is a slow process and I rather cut while lifting heavy and then once my body fat is low then I can start my slow bulk. Please can someone help me on how to get the correct amount of calories to lose fat? (1lbs a week)

when I put my stats in the calorie calculator on light activity 1-3 times a week level is 1,759. (even though I work out 5 times a week I was told these calculators underestimate the activity level so I have chosen light activity). so to lose lbs a week I have to minus 500 calories which brings my total to 1259 which I feel is very low! I think I will struggle lifting heavy on 1259 calories a day. my PT said 1259 calories is about right but I'm not sure.

also, once I reach my ideal weight with low body fat which is 52kg/114lbs where do I start in terms of bulking - how many calories do I focus on for a slow bulk? I'm aiming for 1g protein per bodyweight lbs and 0.4g fat per bodyweight lbs and the rest carbs. I'm just not sure where to start on a bulk?

I'm kind of skinny fat and have built a bit of muscle which is hard to see with my fat percentage being higher so please if you can take the time to advise.

THANKS

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Plenty of urban health sources say women should never go below 1200 calories and men should never go below 1500. So, 1200 is not bad as long as you avoid all junk at all. Only eat healthy food. You need the micronutrient.

As for slow bulking, at your size, about 200-300 calories above maintainance.

I'm 160 pounds, 20-25% body fat, and handling 1800 calories just fine. You are 75% my weight, so 75% of 1800 is 1350, not far from 1229.

For me, below 1500 is where I really notice recovery take a hit. If you have trouble recovering, reduce your weekly set volume a bit.

And I'm guessing you know to work every muscle group. Very important.

Once you start bulking, getting micronutrients nutrients is easier.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I personally am aiming for 1 pound per week loss to. At 160 pounds, I could aim for 1.6 pounds, but I'm concerned about limiting my micronutrients. I guess it is the same reduction just spread out longer. Who knows which is worse. The other advantage is I'm less likely to lose muscle and more likely to gain.

It is true you can recomposition directly but a bit slower.

1 pound per week at your weight is definitely near the limit of not losing muscle. Make sure you don't go faster, as that would mean muscle loss. Muscle is 3 calories per gram.