sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Angled Swiss Bar

Need some suggestions/thoughts please.

i just bought an Angled Swiss Bar recently with below dimensions:
    XM FITNESS Black Steel Swiss Bar Angled
    The XM Athletic Series:
    A new and innovative Swiss Bar from XM FITNESS.
    Material: Steel
    Colour: Black
    Weight: 10kg / 22lb
    Dimensions: 211cm x 19cm x 7cm / 83" x 7.5" x 2.75"
    Grips: Three angled 2" grips per side
    and its handle/Grip is around 2" whereas i see 1" in other straight bars/models.

I also see that wider grips have good reviews but personally what are your thoughts? is 2" inch grip better or smaller better?

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you used it yet to come to your own conclusions?
    A thicker grip may activate more grip strength while using it.
    It could be harder or easier depending on what you do with your bar.
    Seems kind of light for a rackable oly size bar.
    I have the elite FTS Angled swiss bar with a camber.
    I really like it.
    Handles though are one inch.
    Easier on the shoulders and can be turned around for semi supinated or semi pronated use.
    Takes a bit getting use to balancing it when taking it off the hooks for use.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The general recommendation is that thicker grips are good for accessory work, but may have a negative impact on compound lifts. The thought process is that the thicker grips can cause excessive stress on the joints or muscles for the heavier lifts. For this reason I prefer an addon like Fat Gripz over a bar with 2" grips. Some guys use thick grips for everything though. Ultimately, you'll have to decide for yourself.
    Last edited by Duplicitous; 04-22-2021 at 06:43 PM.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sribond View Post
    Need some suggestions/thoughts please.

i just bought an Angled Swiss Bar recently with below dimensions:
    XM FITNESS Black Steel Swiss Bar Angled
    The XM Athletic Series:
    A new and innovative Swiss Bar from XM FITNESS.
    Material: Steel
    Colour: Black
    Weight: 10kg / 22lb
    Dimensions: 211cm x 19cm x 7cm / 83" x 7.5" x 2.75"
    Grips: Three angled 2" grips per side
    and its handle/Grip is around 2" whereas i see 1" in other straight bars/models.

I also see that wider grips have good reviews but personally what are your thoughts? is 2" inch grip better or smaller better?
    I have that bar, so I assume you're in Canada. Anyways, it's very light as you can see. Also, it'll be full of shavings on the inside which you can hear swoosh around when you move it. Common for imported stuff like this. One bright spot is it has actual 50mm sleeves on it, not 1.9" like other specialty bars.
    Other than that it works well but it's harder to balance properly than if it had smaller grips. But I've used it for 1RM plenty of times (low-mid 300s with this type of bar) and I've survived.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    The general recommendation is that thicker grips are good for accessory work, but may have a negative impact on compound lifts. The thought process is that the thicker grips can cause excessive stress on the joints or muscles for the heavier lifts. For this reason I prefer an addon like Fat Gripz over a bar with 2" grips. Some guys use thick grips for everything though. Ultimately, you'll have to decide for yourself.
    100% agree.Fat Gripz always get the job done in the most efficient manner. In comparison with a regular bar, this one is really better.

sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thx everyone for spending time & clarifying. really helpful.
    Yes, i tried few times & not comfortable as may be i am a small-medium built guy
    Out of some hesitation, then I placed order for synergee-multi-grip-bar
    Still waiting to get this bar.
    So with this thin grips, do you recommend me getting Fat Gripz and just try out? or any other grip recommendations as no knurling in grips

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sribond View Post
    Thx everyone for spending time & clarifying. really helpful.
    Yes, i tried few times & not comfortable as may be i am a small-medium built guy
    Out of some hesitation, then I placed order for synergee-multi-grip-bar
    Still waiting to get this bar.
    So with this thin grips, do you recommend me getting Fat Gripz and just try out? or any other grip recommendations as no knurling in grips
    Fat Gripz are $30 w/ free shipping from Amazon, so it's an inexpensive way to dip your toe in the water.