JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Some cardio everyday?

So I’m looking to lose a bit of fat off of my stomach because I’ve been bulking quite a bit and I think it’s time to lose some stomach fat. I’m wondering if like a 10 minute run everyday would do? I know I need to be in a caloric deficit to lose fat but I’m wondering if I can heat as much as I did and just run a bit to make myself go into that caloric deficit. I want to start of slow so would this be a good idea?

pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes. Do as much cardio as possible. Esp right after lifting heavy or first thing the next morning on an empty stomach. It burns more fat and the increased blood flow helps recovery.

I do 20 minutes of HIIT after every workout and that's I don't even count that into my normal cardio sessions.
    Forever alone? Attraction and keeping the girl chasing you - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131498033

You will never know your limits, unless you push yourself past the imaginary lines you have drawn in the sand.

Knee Dragger - '06 GSX-R750

EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JustinSmith52 View Post
    So I’m looking to lose a bit of fat off of my stomach because I’ve been bulking quite a bit and I think it’s time to lose some stomach fat. I’m wondering if like a 10 minute run everyday would do? I know I need to be in a caloric deficit to lose fat but I’m wondering if I can heat as much as I did and just run a bit to make myself go into that caloric deficit. I want to start of slow so would this be a good idea?
    It may work, but I personally think it's much easier to lose fat cutting calories than to try to run it off. Running doesn't really burn that many calories, and you may subconsciously reduce your daily activity or end up eating more anyway. So you may end up spinning your wheels.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    It may work, but I personally think it's much easier to lose fat cutting calories than to try to run it off. Running doesn't really burn that many calories, and you may subconsciously reduce your daily activity or end up eating more anyway. So you may end up spinning your wheels.
    ^ This

It's easier to not eat the calories in the first place. Cardio doesn't have magic fat loss properties, it just alters your net calorie balance.

I like to do some exercise every day when dieting because it makes me feel better - but mostly that is resistance training plus some walking on other days.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    10 minutes of cardio will burn like 1 Oreo off.

Your better off eating less. Switching your coffee creamer to milk will have the same effect if not more of an effect
    Insta is username snails.r.us

XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I disagree based on my own experience while not exactly the same. If I do a lot more walking /cardio I do want to eat more/ feel more fatigued. If I just add small workloads however IE targeting 8k steps a day average instead of 4-5k it makes quite a difference and I feel better if anything with no extra hunger. Based off his picture I don't think adding like an hour of running per week would break the bank so to speak. While that's not as significant as say cutting out 500 more calories a day I personally find cutting more calories at least as taxing as adding a small workload.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I’m wondering if like a 10 minute run everyday would do?
    Can you run a mile in 2.5 minutes? If so, that 4 mile run in 10 minutes will burn maybe 500 calories... ;-)

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IMO, controlling calorie intake and increasing NEAT via lifestyle changes is the BEST way to do it...

Supplemental cardio is fine of course, but I'd say use real 'cardio' as a way to improve health and not burn calories.
    The power of carbs compels me!

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Can you run a mile in 2.5 minutes? If so, that 4 mile run in 10 minutes will burn maybe 500 calories... ;-)
    ya Not in a million years. 1.4 miles would be my best
    Insta is username snails.r.us

XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    IMO, controlling calorie intake and increasing NEAT via lifestyle changes is the BEST way to do it...

Supplemental cardio is fine of course, but I'd say use real 'cardio' as a way to improve health and not burn calories.
    Yea I think some harder cardio is good, adding it helped me on things even in the gym like squats they don't have me out of breath anymore. When it comes to the scale moving though adding in about an hour of extra walking daily seems to have a much greater effect. I have been doing a 2.5-3 hour walk with my kids for roughly 7 miles on Sundays and it does make a difference. Might just be a personal thing but adding in a walk like that and a few short 30minute to hour long walks on other days is more sustainable then trying to pull my average cals down another 500. That being said if I go overboard and start trying to smash 12k+ steps a day it does burn me out and backfire. So I'm a fan of this half and half approach

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Any activity will add to your TDEE however usually not as much as you think. The more sedentary your lifestyle the more cardio will be beneficial to make up for low NEAT. Unless you're engaged in another activity that gets your heart rate up consistently then cardio is pretty much mandatory and to an intensity that gets the BPM's up there
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My goal is to get in the elliptical twice a day. Once during lunch for 40min, then after lifting for 30min. Doesn’t always workout, but that’s the goal. I reckon if I can burn 2500 cals a week, that will cover my alcohol intake on Saturday

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by poker27 View Post
    My goal is to get in the elliptical twice a day. Once during lunch for 40min, then after lifting for 30min. Doesn’t always workout, but that’s the goal. I reckon if I can burn 2500 cals a week, that will cover my alcohol intake on Saturday
    dude that’s like 4 bottles of wine. Maybe think about not drinking so much. Too many other repercussions also.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough