Thread: Re: EliKoehn

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Exclamation Re: EliKoehn

Not sure why I’m getting Access Denied even in PM’s now. The site just continues to break down it seems.

Anyway, here’s my reply:

“If I were you I would take the opportunity the next time you deadlift to experiment. Try different foot widths and angles, varying hip heights. Usually high hips means hinging back more - the Starting Strength crew usually advocates this (Rippetoe, Thrall, etc). I remember Thrall made a video a while ago saying to basically “fall into” the lift - so that as you get into the correct starting position, the bar acts as a sort of counterweight and should theoretically give you a stronger pull. I tried this and it didn’t work for me - I can’t get enough leg drive unless I have some degree of hip drop. I also notice form breakdown at lower weights compared to my usual setup with hip drop.

This is highly individual. Even if we are a similar height (I am either 6’1 or 6’2), deviations in anthropometry can change optimal lifting mechanics. I have long femurs, but I also have long arms which helps balance it out because disproportionately long legs can be disadvantageous for deadlifts, but long arms are always advantageous.

Let me know if you have any more Q’s. That said, I’m nowhere near the biggest nor the strongest poster in the Exercises forum”

^^^While we’re making a thread out of this, I might as well post the Alan Thrall video I was referring to:

^As you can see, despite the “high hip” position, there is still a small degree of hip drop. My setup looks somewhere between that high position and the “don’t just squat down!” part of the video where he displays an extremely low hip position akin to that of a chitting dog.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ironface View Post
    Not sure why I’m getting Access Denied even in PM’s now.
    Maybe if you took this site a little more seriously.

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thought this post was some public warning against the guy. Eli's alright.

This Gibbs vid about deadlift is the most detailed and concise IMO. Cliffs

2.40 - Activate glutes by turning knees out slightly.
    4.30 - Hinge down to the bar. RDL is good for practicing hinge.
    8.27 - Engage lats by screwing shoulders into sockets. "Bend the bar." This improves spinal position.
    9.40 - The 3 cues together.
    10.55 - Don't pull the bar up from the floor. Push the floor away from the bar. Gibbs says "pull your body through the floor." Cue for leg drive and spinal position.
    11.45 - Is the deadlift a 2-part lift, or a 1-part lift? Is quad push off the floor part 1, and lockout part 2? Gibbs answers at 15.10. Hint: Glute engagement from the floor up to lockout is crucial.
    15.15 - The benefits of training at lower loads are improving and practicing position and form.

Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Maybe if you took this site a little more seriously.
    I’m not sure what is meant by this.

@ECGordyn thanks for the contribution
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Too many (()) in the post is usually the killer.

More viewing gold
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Too many (()) in the post is usually the killer.

More viewing gold
    the start of this vid is gold for you I think Eli, you definitely seem to pull the shoulders back in a starting a row sort of fashion
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good information guys.

Retested my max today with a focus on these points of form and got it. Unusually full in the weight room for a Thursday, so this was about as good of an angle as I could realistically get. Sitting into the lift and pulling the slack out, while keeping tension with a solid brace made getting a little lower with the hips feel more natural. That said, it does feel like a tradeoff of power breaking the floor for an easier lockout, and still more of a "recalibration" than something natural. Hips were higher last time I got this, but finishing it out was plenty harder.

Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"