nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000) nnclark11 is just really nice. (+1000)

New Gym Building Questions--I need your advice.

You all in this thread are amazing resources of information. I need your wisdom and advice. I am erecting a 135' x 60' steel outbuilding in a few months which will serve as my new gym. I want to construct it so that I can possibly make it into a private gym/spa business on the side. I haven't made up my mind yet that I want to do that but I want the option. Otherwise it will be just an amazing home gym. Dealing with the actual gym itself I wanted your advice.

1. How much natural light would you suggest? I am looking at possible putting a bunch of windows/plexi-glass on one of the 60' ends because it looks out to the sunset on top of hill and has amazing view. What is your experience in gyms that have a lot of natural light vs. not? Many that I see have no natural light. I love the idea of lots of natural light but am not sure of the practicality and the cost/benefit ratio that it will have on heating and cooling the gym.
    2. Have any of you ever used or seen polycarbonate panels? These would go on top of some of the sidewalls to bring in natural light. Again the question is cost/benefit ratio with more natural light vs. possibly more expensive to heat and cool. You can see examples of these used here. https://www.google.com/search?q=clea...46Ya8vHbuo-zAM

3. What would be your best advice to heat and cool a building this size??

Thanks again.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Silly question but you already have years of training behind you, enjoy lifting alone, and are committed to keeping it up moving forward, right? I'd hate for you to spend considerable resources on this only to turn it into a library if yout tire of lifting and the commercial gym doesn't work out.

As far as a business goes, the first things I'd check out are the legal requirements - zoning, permits/building codes, insurance, etc. Hoping to turn a residential structure into a commercial structure later seems like a bad bet. You'll need to construct the building to meet those requirements from the outset.

thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The few gyms that I've had with big picture windows in the front had trouble attracting females, since they didn't want to be ogled by people on the sidewalk. But if you're installing them up high on your private property it shouldn't be an issue. Having said that I've never walked into a commercial gym and thought wow, what great natural lighting, I think I'll join. It's all about the equipment for me. I actually prefer dungeony kind of gyms.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181