jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Casein or Whey for meal replacement?

Basically, which one will make me feel fuller for longer? I've already been advised by a dietician to add it to a smoothie with fiber so it will have more of a filling effect than just making a shake, but which protein is better to use?

Thanks
    It wont let me have no signature...

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't go with a smoothie if the intent is to feel full.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jtuds has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thanks

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Casein will keep you fuller for longer, and a smoothie done right will keep you full for a very long time.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    Casein will keep you fuller for longer, and a smoothie done right will keep you full for a very long time.
    Not if you have a manly appetite.

I tried a smoothie (lots of ice) with PB, banana, cocoa, protein powder, fibersol, couple graham crackers and a shot of espresso...came out to about 500 cals. Hour later I’m starving.

Big size cup on the ninja, it was completely full
    Kid Covid

superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For ME 1 scoop or Micellar Casein and 1 scoop of whey mixed in just water keeps me good for a good 2 hrs
    so CASEIN is the one to go with along with whatever else your mixing into your smoothie.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by superhuman67 View Post
    For ME 1 scoop or Micellar Casein and 1 scoop of whey mixed in just water keeps me good for a good 2 hrs
    so CASEIN is the one to go with along with whatever else your mixing into your smoothie.
    I thought about doing actual cottage cheese instead of casein before, I know they “should” be the same but maybe that’ll keep more more satieted. Never tried it.
    Kid Covid

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post

I tried a smoothie (lots of ice) with PB, banana, cocoa, protein powder, fibersol, couple graham crackers and a shot of espresso...came out to about 500 cals. Hour later I’m starving.

This^ I never feel satisfied when drinking a shake as a meal replacement
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Ended up going with casein, so we'll see how it goes. The actual "meal replacement" (my term, not the dietitian's) smoothie is protein powder, kefir or 2% milk, flax seed or hemp hearts, kale, and blueberries. I haven't made it yet but that's a lot more fiber than what I'd normally put in a smoothie. The fiber and protein, as I understand it, are what help you feel full.

I do nonfat cottage cheese in the evening so try and avoid getting hungry in bed. Could do a scoop of casein mixed with water on top of that and I'd be getting a bunch of protein and only about 200 calories total.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Most days I do:

2 cups of oats
    1 large banana (green as possible)
    100g of spinach or spinach/kale mix
    2tbsp PB2
    1tbsp coconut oil
    240mL of Fairlife Chocolate Milk
    1 scoop Gut Health
    1 scoop of protein
    4oz of water

Over 800kcals. +20g of fiber. Will keep you full for a while. Fills a larger size shaker to the brim, and is extremely thiccc. I also usually have a Lenny and Larry's 4oz cookie after drinking it.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    Most days I do:

2 cups of oats
    1 large banana (green as possible)
    100g of spinach or spinach/kale mix
    2tbsp PB2
    1tbsp coconut oil
    240mL of Fairlife Chocolate Milk
    1 scoop Gut Health
    1 scoop of protein
    4oz of water

Over 800kcals. +20g of fiber. Will keep you full for a while. Fills a larger size shaker to the brim, and is extremely thiccc. I also usually have a Lenny and Larry's 4oz cookie after drinking it.
    that sounds like it would taste good, i'd toss the cookie in there but with only 4oz of water jeez that's gotta be like an actual meal....no wonder it fills you up
    Kid Covid

JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAckedGains459 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    that sounds like it would taste good, i'd toss the cookie in there but with only 4oz of water jeez that's gotta be like an actual meal....no wonder it fills you up
    True that. Reading the ingredients made me think that I would have a blast eating some of that!