Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have pairs of the US made Rogue bells from 13 lbs to 44lbs. I do hardstyle double kettlebell stuff.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-k...ll-powder-coat

Bells are very nice and made from Class 30 Grey Iron by www.oscoind.com in Ohio.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I've found this to be the case as well. Try hopping on one foot for 30-60 sec. Consciously make a pattern on the floor so you are hopping different directions. You'll feel it in your calf for sure.
    Bilateral jumps with unilateral landings is good, too. You have to take it easy at first, though.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MdeJ75 View Post
    Aha i understand.
    I thought for kettlebell 80lbs was quite heavy, maybe i'm a weakling...........
    It's all relative. I started by doing singles with a 35 lb bell about six years ago. Now, I warm up with 90 lbs.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    I have pairs of the US made Rogue bells from 13 lbs to 44lbs. I do hardstyle double kettlebell stuff.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-k...ll-powder-coat

Bells are very nice and made from Class 30 Grey Iron by www.oscoind.com in Ohio.
    They're beauties. Do you swing outside the body as well as inside the legs?

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    They're beauties. Do you swing outside the body as well as inside the legs?
    Prefer to double swing inside of legs with handles at a 90' angle.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you go slow with proper technique, you don't need to do many each set.
    I did both of them in yesterday's workout, since I'm getting familiar with swings I didn't superset them this time...but because ab wheel rollouts were next up I did less reps, but slow and controlled to feel the abs contracting.

My squat of choice is the hang (weight in hands held at sides) squat. Put some tuck jumps in that plyo routine and see what they do to the abs.
    Are you referring with DBs, or KB variation?

I recently came across two good variations which I tested/included yesterday in potential place of the zombie squat. One being a single arm (one arm with bell in the clean position and the other arm up and out to the side to maintain balance) KB squat front squat and the bottoms up goblet squat...grab by the sides of the bell handle, swing it and hold the bell upside down and slightly away from the chest and squat down with elbows tucked and in between the knees, then back up.

I'm quickly finding value in these bells.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 05-01-2021 at 06:34 AM.

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MdeJ75 View Post
    Is there a particular reason why you haven't bought an Ironmaster kettlebell handle?
    Aside from what supramax had mentioned, for my particular case it's that I like keeping my heavier working weight set on my IMs and if I went with their handle I would have to switch back and forth with plates unless I made a whole other purchase with more IM plates which is not the direction I'd wanna go in.

As far as the Kettlebell Kings adjustable bell, they look nice and I'm sure serve many people well (including people new to kettlebells), but I didn't want to invest in it initially upon seeing if kettlebells were right for me (which they definitely are now utilizing them in compliments to my weightlifting) and also I heard the weight changing times are more consuming of time with it as well as the shell edges not being all that aesthetically appealing (minor con)...the only other pro aside from having an up to 70 lb set with these and saving some cash is that they save more space being one, or getting two bells if space is a concern for this type of equipment.

With the individual competition bells I could just pick the weight I need in one solid bell and the colors to identify them is cool along with the size of the bells being all the same and of solid construction, although I realize this investment is not for everyone so it's more ideal to start with one, or two bells first.

That said, Kettlebell Kings is a very solid and helpful company and they even throw in some nice discounts to go along with your purchase.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 05-01-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I did both of them in yesterday's workout, since I'm getting familiar with swings I didn't superset them this time...but because ab wheel rollouts were next up I did less reps, but slow and controlled to feel the abs contracting.
    Once you pair/superset them, I think you'll see how they compliment each other.

Are you referring with DBs, or KB variation?
    These:

I recently came across two good variations which I tested/included yesterday in potential place of the zombie squat. One being a single arm (one arm with bell in the clean position and the other arm up and out to the side to maintain balance) KB squat front squat and the bottoms up goblet squat...grab by the sides of the bell handle, swing it and hold the bell upside down and slightly away from the chest and squat down with elbows tucked and in between the knees, then back up.

I'm not tempted. I did front squats for years and years. You can only really appreciate the weight held at sides squat if you go as heavy as you can deadlift. It's as full body an exercise as it gets.

Once you pair/superset them, I think you'll see how they compliment each other.

These:

I'm not tempted. I did front squats for years and years. You can only really appreciate the weight held at sides squat if you go as heavy as you can deadlift. It's as full body an exercise as it gets.
    Due to the angle of the handles you squat with them pronated?

That's a good way to DB deadlift them as well in one setup. Relevant to the KB topic, would KB swings be a valid replacement for lying hamstring curls since from what I understand they hit the posterior chain pretty good.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 05-04-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Due to the angle of the handles you squat with them pronated?
    Yup.

That's a good way to DB deadlift them as well in one setup. Relevant to the KB topic, would KB swings be a valid replacement for lying hamstring curls since from what I understand they hit the posterior chain pretty good.
    I don't know if they're an equal replacement, but swings train a lot more muscle than hamstring curls.

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)

I bought 16 and 20 KBs a couple years ago and in the long run have only used them for warm up swings. This thread has me thinking I'll try to add some more moves into my routine.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't mean to open the discussion on merits and demerits of KB work, and I'll only say this:
    - KB swings are the 'Plank' of KB work.
    - KB work in general (search: girevoy sport) is a strength-endurance discipline. You can skew either part of that in your own direction.
    - Most KB exercises can be done with dumbbells, and for some, dumbbells are much better.

When I had my 'functional training' phase I did KB work almost exclusively for about a year. Looking at pictures from that period I had the least muscle and most fat of any time in my training life. Aerobic fitness that I thought I had then seems a joke now. I was only 'fit' for KB work.

Originally Posted by Oxidated View Post
    I don't mean to open the discussion on merits and demerits of KB work, and I'll only say this:
    - KB work in general (search: girevoy sport) is a strength-endurance discipline. You can skew either part of that in your own direction.
    - Most KB exercises can be done with dumbbells, and for some, dumbbells are much better.

When I had my 'functional training' phase I did KB work almost exclusively for about a year. Looking at pictures from that period I had the least muscle and most fat of any time in my training life. Aerobic fitness that I thought I had then seems a joke now. I was only 'fit' for KB work.
    Aside from Farmers' Walks, deads and squats (because my kbs go up to 170 lbs each), I only use kettlebells for heavy hard style explosive swings.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I wouldn't really expect any different results from training that exclusively focused on kettlebells if you were trying to bulk. A dumbbell-only routine would likely produce similar results because you can't move enough weight to put on considerable muscle mass. I could see DB or KB working well as part of a cut though with calories in check and a high level of cardio - basically the p90x approach to fitness.

No doubt there are exceptions with people moving monster DB and KB but that wouldn't be the norm.

Thanks for the link, incidently I actually read that article yesterday when searching if the forums had this rather uncommon question...very helpful article.

I also incorporated the KB swings superset with ab wheel rollouts and it's an excellent combination...strangely it kinda makes ab work at the end a bit more fun and benefits were decent from it.

Pertaining to my training, I actually agree with this because with the little experience I have with KBs, I find them to be an excellent compliment to weight training for variety, supplemental lifts rotated in and of course what they do best which is one and double arm swings.

The functional and athleticism portion is a fun side benefit imo, but not enough to dedicate and expend all my training time into kettlebell training alone.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 05-05-2021 at 08:59 AM.