Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Eccentrics and Isometrics question

A few weeks ago I've started implementing slow eccentrics and isometrics variations of big lifts. Although isometrics (5-8 secpause holds at some point of the lift) have been helping me strenght wise and I'm feeling the right muscles contracting in my lifts better than ever before, it is the slow eccentrics which I think haven't been helpful at all. Even though I finish my sets very close to failure I don't feel any benefits from doing them. Are they a waste of time? Do you use slow eccentrics?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use tempo work for specific technical improvement goals.

However I wouldn't use slow eccentrics for any hypertrophy reasons, more soreness for no gain, a controlled eccentric should be plenty.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Alexlarex View Post
    A few weeks ago I've started implementing slow eccentrics and isometrics variations of big lifts. Although isometrics (5-8 secpause holds at some point of the lift) have been helping me strenght wise and I'm feeling the right muscles contracting in my lifts better than ever before, it is the slow eccentrics which I think haven't been helpful at all. Even though I finish my sets very close to failure I don't feel any benefits from doing them. Are they a waste of time? Do you use slow eccentrics?
    Eccentrics will teach you to stabilise and control your groove better. Gives you time to think about what you are doing.
    Great Tech work.

Certainly not universally useful. Has a narrow scope.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.