bbuk2018 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbuk2018 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbuk2018 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbuk2018 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbuk2018 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbuk2018 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbuk2018 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbuk2018 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbuk2018 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbuk2018 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbuk2018 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Discouraged from moving from cardio to weight lifting

Hi all.

I've been doing cardio at the gym. I would like to do weightlifting but 2 things discourage me:

1. Having to be constantly eating sometimes 5 times per day

2. If their are future lockdowns wouldn't I lose the mass I gained.

Does anyone have any tips on how to perhaps lessen or go around these?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    1. You don't have to do that. Total calories and protein intake are the only things that make a real difference. And you don't have to eat excessively

2. That won't happen if you do some basic maintenance exercises. Maintaining is much easier than growing new muscle

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just lift. Due to unpreventable circumstances I can only hit each muscle group 1x a week. I'm not a wimp. See avatar^^^.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Negative self-talk is a bigger problem than any lockdown.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you lift weights and grow, you'll get hungry. But eating is fun.

If there's a lockdown and you do nothing, you might lose some of your gains. But muscle memory is a real thing and you'll gain it right back once you start again. And if you get creative like I did during lockdown, you might not lose that much.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    If you lift weights and grow, you'll get hungry. But eating is fun.
    Still somehow I cannot believe people exist that claim they don't like to eat...

And i'm not talking about anorexics: anorexics actually do not dislike food in this way...

But literally just people who find such little joy in tasty food that they could take it or leave it.
    The power of carbs compels me!

EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^ Nice avi, your back is looking big.

Also, I find lifting itself a joy. It is fulfilling, challenging, health-reinforcing, and something that takes a lot of dedication in order to achieve success. I don't think anyone who disdains their time with the iron ever gets very far.

Honestly it kind of sounds like you just want the results without the effort. Those that have plenty of results tend to love the process, as well IME.
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 335
    Deadlift: 475

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    ^^ Nice avi, your back is looking big.

Also, I find lifting itself a joy. It is fulfilling, challenging, health-reinforcing, and something that takes a lot of dedication in order to achieve success. I don't think anyone who disdains their time with the iron ever gets very far.

Honestly it kind of sounds like you just want the results without the effort. Those that have plenty of results tend to love the process, as well IME.
    This, thought the same. Your back looks shredded to the bone Adam!

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Still somehow I cannot believe people exist that claim they don't like to eat...

And i'm not talking about anorexics: anorexics actually do not dislike food in this way...

But literally just people who find such little joy in tasty food that they could take it or leave it.
    I know a few people who will order food at a restaurant and leave half of it. I wouldn't leave half the food that I cook myself, let alone something even more tasty that I'd just paid a premium for :-o

Sometimes I think people have concerns about the cost of food, but from someone who used to spend a total of $500 a year on chocolate, you can buy a hell of a lot of peanut butter and oats with that cash

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Re: back

Thanks ya’ll!

It’s basically my only ‘strong’ body part that didn’t get much much smaller when I lost tons of weight.

Taller man back genetics ;-)
    The power of carbs compels me!