Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10)

- Takeshi Saitama Routine -

- じこしょうかい -
    Jikoshoukai
    (Self presentation)

- Intro:

Hello there, I hope you all are doing awesome and I'm here to share my training and diet routine, my goal is to evolve performance (strength, speed ...), aesthetic and learn english (I'm reproducing all that I learned playing Final fantasy VII)
    But first off all, let me introduce myself

Watashi no namae wa Takeshi Saitama desu
    (My name is Takeshi Saitama)

I'm 90s generation (30 years old)
    I Grew up playing video games, watching animes and eating a lot, what let me similar to Haru (Beverly Hills Ninja)
    My first attemp on fitness goals was going from 241,5 to 151,8 (at 16 years old)
    Now in the actual scenario, lockdown with all gyms closed I became increasingly anxious.
    To achieve a better mood, I've gathered what I had, some things like light dumbbells, straight bar, punching bag and started training at home.
    It's not much, but I think I was lucked to have all this at home.

- Training:

Day on (3x on a week)
    Weight training (Upper body - High reps with low loads)
    *Trying to build rear delts and latissimus dorsi

1) Pronated grip pull ups + DeclinePush ups
    2) Supinated grip pull ups + Closed grip push ups
    3) Bent over lateral raise + Skull crusher (dumbbells) + fore arms
    4) Front delts + Pull Over (dumbbells) + fore arms
    5) Lateral raise + Unilateral biceps curl + ABS
    6) Upright rows + Straight bar biceps curl + ABS

Day off (3x on a week)
    1 hour running
    1 hour boxing (30min shadow boxing + 30min punching bag)
    *Depending on what time is it, I do only shadow boxing (1 hour)

- Diet:

3000~3200 kcal
    ~160g protein
    Carbs and fat dont have a fixed value, the rule is to not surpass 3200 kcal

- Goals:

Not surpass 184 (maintain under 179,4 maybe it's a cool weight to perform)
    Be more aesthetic, faster and strong (like Frank Medrano)

- Results:

In 2 months doing that routine I came from 207 to 184, I improved in aesthetic, but most of the benefits was in performance, feeling lighter , more endurance, faster to run and punch the bag.

- Closure:

Well then, I'm begining here and I hope you all share your knoledges of training/diet/english with me, all suggestions/corrections are welcome.
    See you all next time, and I'm just another asian trying to be like water my friend...

ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10)

- Silly competition -

- Intro:

A few days ago, I was doing my "day off" training, running on the streets of my city, nothing different at all, sprinting always as possible, often I do around 10 medium-high intensity sprints of 30 seconds.
    It was already night, movement in the city was normal, the climate too and of course also my performance, untill I turned the corner, in this part of my training the challenge began ... but first of all, how are you? Are things going all right? I hope you are doing awesome.

Continuing the narrative, turning the corner I saw passing in front of me another runner, and some things caught my attention, he had athlete's physique and was running in a high pass.
    At the first point this situation challenged me, and I thought in increasse the speed to overcome him as a parameter to know that I am at a good level of performance.
    On the other hand, what a silly thing? Why do I have to compete with everybody?
    This is like when you go to the gym, see somebody lifting more weights than you, and of course you add more loads just to prove yourself that you are stronger than him (c'mon who never thought like that?)
    But I said to me, NO! Just do what you came to do and go home.
    I continued my training having in mind to don't do a silly competition, however in the way the things are moving forward, I noticed that we are tracking the same rote, and again ...

Me: Why not test yourself? We already have such a good oponent in front of us.
    Me: No, this is stupid.
    Me: But if you perfom in a greater level than him, it might be cool, isn't it?
    Me: Yes, but I don't will do that, leave me alone.
    Me: ...
    Me: ...
    Me: What?
    Me: I know
    Me: Know what?
    Me: Please, you are always training and training, have you never thought of putting your current level of skills into practice? If you beat him, even if in a small dispute, a guy who probably is an athlete, that might be nice and you will feel like a winner, right?
    Me: ... YES!!!

And was in that context of internal conflict (silly thoughts) that I sprinted again in order to overtake my opponent, but he was a tough guy, and his constant rhythm was very fast, with this first try I cannot overtake him, but now the distance between us was short.
    My strategy was, don't let the distance widen maintaining the same rhythm as him, and soon as possible another sprint to defeat him.
    Maintain his rhythm was very painfull, fatigue wouldn't go away, I even thought that I cannot overtake him, but sometime later, I was recovered and sprinted again, this time just 30 seconds weren't enough, was necessary 50 seconds to overtake.
    Now few steps ahead of my rival, I couldn't let him pass me, so victory would be mine only if I stay ahead long as possible.
    I held in 1st until I have to turn the corner to go home and our routes changed.
    Yes, we compete, under my own rules and I won, but he don't know lol.

Excited from the competition, I added more 15 sprints of 12 seconds (focus on ATP CP energy system) just to make sure if we cross paths again, I will be prepared to another challenged (under my rules of course).
    Boxing training I increase the volume of 1 hour to 1hour and 30 minutes.

- Training:

Running:
    1h and 30 minutes (10 sprints of 30 sec, 15 sprints of 12 seconds)

Boxing:
    1h and 30 minutes of shadow boxing

- Diet:

The same 3200 kcal (160g of ptn here)
    Approximately 4 liters of water.

- Results:

As a premium of all this silly competition, I gained a lot of pain in the hamstrings, already 2 trainings that I cutted off the running part, even walk is painfull

- Closure:

If you are asking yourself if I am a competitive guy ... Yes I am, and for everyone that had dedicated your own time reading this Kokoro yori kansha moushiagemasu (with all my heart, thank you)
    See you all next time, and I'm just another asian trying to be like water my friend...
    Last edited by ThiBezerra; 04-20-2021 at 04:54 AM.

- おまえ わ もう しんでいる -
    Omae wa mou shindeiru

- Intro:

Is with good news that I came today, my city are moving from Purple phase to Orange phase, this means gyms will open soon (04/24 - Saturday)
    I'm glad with the re-opening of the gyms, but I'm glad too for handle myself with what I had.
    My plan is, first come back to the gym, do squats, dead lifts and bench press again, and second but not to soon, before I have to get organized, I'm beginner programmer, manage work and training is hard sometimes, but my idea is to go to some good Boxing gym.

Talking about sports, is anybody there eagerly waiting for the Olympic games in Tokyo?
    What is your favorite olympic sport?
    I heard that "Animes" will be the icons for this Olympics lol (Makunouchi Ippo for boxing, of course)
    I will share a secret with you all, when I was a teenager my dream was to be in the olympic games, but now at advanced age for competitions, my dream is to watch the olympic games in person.

- Training:

For today I done some adjustments to my home weight training, lets check it out

1) Bent over lateral raise + Skull crusher (dumbbells) + fore arms
    2) Bent over lateral raise + Decline push ups + Fore arms
    3) Dumbbells front raise + Dumbbells Pull over + ABS
    4) Lateral raises + Prone grip bent over rows + ABS
    5) Supinated grip bent over rows + concentration curls
    6) Upright rows + Unilateral curls

- Diet:

Kcal: 3021
    Ptn: 194g (Often I eat less, average 160g)
    Cho: 403g
    Fat: 72g
    Fiber: 50g
    Water: 5 liters

- Results:

I Think I'm recovered from hamstring fatigue and pain, if yes, I root to cross paths with my runner rival.

- Closure:

Hey, for all 80/90s generation, I want to show you all my new tattoo (I earned in a Sonic easter egg).

It's Tails

But this give me an idea of an otaku tattoo, what do you think?

Originally Posted by janebisping View Post
    nice
    You're wellcome my friend

- 一日分の食事 -
    Ichinichi bun no shokuji
    (Full day of eating)

- Intro:

With this post I want to show how is one day of my diet plan, recalling that not always I do exactly the same thing all days, but always less than 3200 kcal, protein the rule is not less than 1,5 grams per kilogram (120g), carbs and fat the amount what fit in the rule of maximum of 3200 kcal per day.

Itadakimasu!

- Diet:

Meal 01:
    2 units - Low fat yogurt
    2 units - Yogurt

Meal 02:
    (often the post workout)
    200g - Rice
    200g - Raw chicken breast (After weighing I cook, of course)
    200g - bean
    10g - Olive oil
    200g - Grape fruit juice
    Free - Vegetables (Broccoli + Carrot)

Meal 03:
    500ml - Milk
    30g - Sustagen kids
    30g - Sugar
    30g - Cocoa powder
    115g - Banana
    30g - Chestnuts
    5g - Cinnamon powder

Meal 04:
    100g - Dried meat
    130g - tapioca
    50g - Mozzarela
    300ml - Milk

Total:

- Closure:

That was my full day of eating, would you change/suggest anything? Feel free to comment.

- Coconut water -

- Intro:

Today is the reopening of the gyms in my city, I'm excited to return training at the gym, for this come back I have in mind to test Power Building training structure. What do you think?
    Let's check this out.

First of all, I dont know if this type of training is referred as Power (power lifting) Building (body building) in everywhere, but from what I understand consist in:

(feel free to share your knowledge if I'm with a controversial reasoning)

Main lift:
    Focus on power lifting, develop strength by work on ATP-CP energetic system.

How to do that:
    Low reps with high loads or loads greater than 70% of a RM and rests greater then 3 minutes.
    Often the exercises are Squat, Dead lift, and Bench press. (I've seen people using Bench over row and shoulder press in the main lift, sounds interesting and I will put on practice)

Acessory:
    In power lifting, acessory training has the goal to develop the muscles who support the main lift, but in Power Building, the acessory training is focused in develop weak parts of the body, in order to correct proportion working in a more aesthetic line of the body. In other words, is focused on Body building.

How to do that:
    Exercises or the focus is directed to the parts of the body what you want to develop.
    example: If you dont have a good lateral shoulder, here in acessory training you work on them.
    It's not required to work with only low reps, but with any form that is good to hipertofy.
    Particularly I will use this range of reps >= 5 && <= 12

- Training:

Power Building - A:

1) (ML) Bench press + (Acc) Leg extension + (Acc) Rear delts

ML:
    (Reps x one sided weight of the bar.)
    (Warm up) 10~15 x 20kg | (Warm up) 10~15 x 25kg | 8 x 30kg
    5 x 33kg | 5 x 35kg | 4 x 36kg
    3 x 37kg | 3 x 38kg
    (To be honest, I'm saddened here)

2) (ML) Squat + (Acc) Lateral raises + (Acc) Skull crusher

ML:
    (Warm up) 10~15 x 25kg | (Warm up) 10~15 x 30kg
    8 x 35kg | 5 x 40kg | 5 x 45kg
    5 x 50kg | 5x 53kg
    (Saddened again)

Hey hey, do you know that I'ts so hard to try squat heavy, right?
    But in this case, always being sad with my current performance, one thing made me happy for a moment.
    At the reception of the gym, were handing out coconut water, so let's do a break for drink some coconut water!

After coconut water!

3) (ML) Shoulder press machine + (Acc) ABS + (Acc) Fore arms

ML:
    (I think every single unity has 5kg)
    (Warm up) 10~15 x 7u | 8 x 8u
    5 x 9u | 5 x 10u | 4 x 11u

4) (Acc) Pull over + (Acc) Arnold press + (Acc) Triceps pushdowns

- Diet:

Thinking in move up the calories a bit.
    Current kcal: 3200.

- Goals:

Develop strength for two reasons, because it's cool do strength trainings and to land powerfull punches in front of the punching bag (♫ Three! Two! One! Kill shot!)

- Closure:

Hey, let me know your numbers on main lifts, feel free to share!
    Thanks.

- Short-tempered -

- Intro:

One more time I was running, doing my training (day off) in the morning, as usual all doing normal, quiet, and my rhythm was low, I'm still suffering with problems from the challenge with the runner, my left hamstring is limiting my training.
    All doing normal, until ...

Until I cross path with a stranger cyclist, no problem at all, but when he came at my side, he sad somenthing provoking me, at first sight I've doubted that it could be a offense, so I looked back (We were in opposite direction) trying to understand the situation, and he continued insulting me, one, two, three times.
    ... I'm not a person looking for start a fight, but if someone start a fight with me, I understand this as a challenge, so you all already know how it reverberated in my mind, don't you?

Me: You already know, don't you?
    Me: Yes!
    Me: That's what I'm talking about, he challenged us, so .... challenged accepted, right?
    Me: Yes!

In this moment, I turned to his direction and he pass to talk even more offenses, as a answer I walked two steps in his direction and invited him for a fight.
    For my surprise he just gave a sour smile and gestured like if he wanted to say, no, let's forget this

- Training:

Running:
    1 Hour in low pace.

Boxing:
    1 Hour shadow boxing
    30 minutes punching bag

Returning to do Power building trainings, I already can say that the main lifts parts focused on power lifting, are helping me to have a progress in launch powerfull punches, I'm having less dificult in movements that depends to rotate the trunk with power.

- Diet:

3500~3800kcal
    Turn up a bit the calories, are turning all more easy to be on diet, but I think soon as possible I have to return to 3000~3200 kcal, because I have in mind to down to 78kg or less.

- Closure:

Today we have saw a big mess, but don't do like me, we have to be peaceful persons,
    not always is necessary a brawl to solve things and I recognize that I acted in bad and not inteligent way.
    And this was our learning.
    (sorry for the shor-tempered)

一日一生
    - Ichinichi isshou -
    (Un giorno una vita)
    (One Day, one life)

- Intro:

Today I was excited, I was ...

Anyway, let's see how my journey was today

- Training:

Power building - A
    I spent the whole day thinking in having progress on Squat, so today I will report the Squat results
    (I still do not posting about B training, because when I've done this training I don't saw many cool things to talk about, remembering that B training has Hamstrings and I'm still suffering with pain by the challenge with the runner)

[b]Squat:[b]
    8 x 35
    7 x 40
    5 x 45
    5 x 50
    4 x 53 (Old record)
    3 x 55 (New record)

- Goals:

Maybe return to my numbers before I've been stoped by lockdown, but I have to remember that time I was 90kg, now I'm 80kg, maybe this will turn this goal more harder.
    On the other hand, achieve this would be a great reward, because being more lean (smaller in volume but bigger on quality) and at the same time more powerful lifting more and more weights, will bring to me a big happines.
    Taking advantage of the context, I will venting one thing, I have a great admiration by Weight lifting athletes, in special for China (Lu Xiaojun, Shi Zhiyong and others). China you make me have a great pride to be asian, you all are FANTASTIC and awesome. As a japanese (being half occidental) I hope Japan has good relations with China, Korea and all countries on Asia.

My numbers before lockdown:
    Squat: 67kg each side
    Bench press: 47kg each side
    Dead lift: 60kg each side

- Results:

55kg each side in Squat
    I had an evolve of 2kg each side lol
    For me, I was unmotivated with this little progress, in other words disappointed.

- Closure:

I become sad when I'm not in a good performance, when I can't see progress, although progress was happening, I get more sad feeling defeat being in front of the goal that I visualized myself doing and failuring trying this.
    I am competitive, I have olympic spirit, I always want being in a good level of performance, but sometimes I forget not to be immediatist.
    There are times that I think only being better faster stronger early as possible and forget being far away from training injury long as possible.
    I know that evolve effectively is thinking in long term, looking everyday training sustainably and not being negligent.
    For me all this is the translation of the expression Ichinichi isshou!
    I believe think in that form, I will be able to live doing what I most like to do.
    Kokoro no kotoba
    (words from the heart)

First of all, good afternoon for you all,
    and I hope you all are doing awesome.
    I would like to know what do you think about my journals?
    What do you think woul be cool to see in my storytelling?
    Do you add or cut something?
    Will be cool know what do you guys think.
    Thanks!

- Progressing -

- Intro:

Finally, I'm having a good recovery from
    the pain in the left hamstring,
    I think I'm 75%.
    So, even now I still not reported about a training B (Power building - B),
    therefore today I will talk about my little progress on B training,
    remembering that I have done B two times with non 100% hamstring.

Watashi no namae wa
    Takeshi Saitama desu

- Training:

First of all, I want to share one thing ...
    When I arrived in the gym, I noticed that I forget my
    training annotation ... So I've done
    what I remembered and completed training
    with exercises that go to the same logic...
    Patience ...

Power Building - B

Only main lifts numer will be reported

1)(Acc) Lat pulldown
    (Acc) Concentrations curl
    (Acc) Hiperextension

2)(ML)Seated cable row
    (Acc) Hammer curl
    (Acc) ABS
    Seated cable row is in main lift, because Bent over rows
    works a lot hamstring, and I wanted to work them after.

Seated cable row:
    1st: 12 x 12 units
    2nd: 10 x 13 units
    3rd: 8 x 14 units
    4th: 6 x 15 units
    5th: 5 x 16 units
    6th: 3 x 17 units

3)(Acc)Prone leg curl
    (Acc) Fore arms
    (Acc) ABS

4)(ML)Dead lift
    (Acc) Fore arms

Dead lift:
    1st: 10 x 75kg
    2nd: 8 x 85kg
    3rd: 8 x 85kg
    4th: 5 x 95kg
    I don't get injuried to do all this, GREAT lol

- Closure:

When I'm fully recovered from hamstring, I want to cross paths again
    with the runner for more one match!

See you all next time, and I'm just another asian
    trying to be like water my friend...

- A challenge named Squat -

05/02/2021

- Intro:

Squat isn't my better main lift or my worst, but for sure I can say
    this is what really getting on my nerves when I can't evolve in
    the way I want.
    First of all, are you all doing awesome? Today we will talk about
    Squat (Training A).
    But ... before we get started ...
    I forgot again my training notation at home

- Training:

Power building - A:
    1) (ML) Bench press + Leg extension
    + Rear delts
    2) (ML) Squat + Cross Over + Triceps
    3) Pull Over + ABS + Fore arms
    4) Side delt + Front delt

Bench Press:
    1st: 12 x 65kg
    2nd: 10 x 75kg
    3rd: 5 x 85kg
    4th: 3 x 89kg
    5th: 2 x 91kg (I couldn't get over my Current record,
    but .. ok, is not a problem at all ...)

Squat:
    1st: 8 x 85kg
    2nd: 8 x 95kg
    3rd: 5 x 105kg
    4th: 5 x 115kg
    5th: 4 x 121kg
    6th: 3 x 125kg
    7th: 2 x 129kg
    8th: 1 x 131kg (New record, I got over my old record in
    more 8kg, but I'm not happy, to be honest
    I'm very discomforted with this numbers, I always visualize myself
    with more loads, but it is all that I was able to lift)

After going to a situation with maximum loads to be able to do one
    movement, I can find my 1RM, and now I'm able to calculate
    intensity levels for Squat

- Diet:

Free for all and cutting, a cool thing for an Endo-mesomorph!

- Goals:

One day lift 155kg in Squat!!!

- Results:

Evolution of 8kg in Squat

- Closure:

I was just thinking why I get tempered when things don't go as
    I planned to be in Squat, I believe because Squat is my favorite
    Main lift and I am discovering that.
    I'm not happy with my evolution in the Squat, but let's continue
    in that way, little by little, the important it's to always evolve.

See you all next time, and I'm just another asian trying
    to be like water my friend...

Last edited by ThiBezerra; 05-07-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bon dia, I think they are full of information and interesting details and quirks your initial presentation where you present your struggle with weight and triumph over it and now in the present our world in peril trapped by policies that are contrary to liberty and how that has created multiple fronts of anxiety, depression. I think how you share your narrative is quite interesting and should improve as we get more at ease with the limitations we may have with the language, the inserts and the pictures make it easier and make the reader relate to the story
    An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.
    Pope John Paul II
    Stop giving excuses, get up, start working out!

Originally Posted by Growing-up View Post
    Bon dia, I think they are full of information and interesting details and quirks your initial presentation where you present your struggle with weight and triumph over it and now in the present our world in peril trapped by policies that are contrary to liberty and how that has created multiple fronts of anxiety, depression. I think how you share your narrative is quite interesting and should improve as we get more at ease with the limitations we may have with the language, the inserts and the pictures make it easier and make the reader relate to the story
    Hey man, thank you so much, you are always
    helping me with your feedbacks.
    I will pay attention on the points you mentioned above.

- Hand Note! -

05/03/2021

- Intro:

Dealing with my pain on the left hamstring,
    somedays I'm 80% and others I'm 90%.
    The most important of all this is, my hamstring
    is recovering (Thanks Jesus).
    And for you who followed my trajectory up here,
    this time I can say, I won't be dunk 3x, I made
    something to remember my training program.

- Training:

The solution to not forget my training anymore was:

Power building - B:
    1) Pull ups + Concentration curls + Hyperextension
    2) (ML) B.O. row on T bar + Hammer curl + Leg curl
    3) (ML) Dead lift + Pull down + Rear Delts
    4) Shrugs + ABS + Forearms

But in the middle of my training:

Before main lifts, I recorded Pull ups and I want to share with you all:
    7 x 10kg

And the painfull end lol:

Main lifts:
    Bent over row on T bar
    1: 15 x 60kg
    2: 10 x 75kg
    3: 8 x 85kg
    4: 5 x 95kg Current record

Dead lift
    1: 10 x 75kg
    2: 8 x 85kg
    3: 5 x 95kg Old record
    4: 5 x 105kg
    5: 5 x 115kg New record

Complete dead lift with 115kg, recovering from
    pain in the hamstring, it made me happy
    I feel like I can quickly reach 135kg when I’m 100%.
    And my notes at the end of the training session:

- Results:

Evolution of 20kg in Dead lift

- Closure:

Happy with my evolution on dead lift, because it means my hamstring is getting better, soon I will come back to do sprints at streets again.

Last edited by ThiBezerra; 05-07-2021 at 01:30 PM.

- TMNT -

05/05/2021

- Intro:

In this day I came to the gym having in
    mind to progress in Squat, and that was all
    what mattered to me, but the youth has
    suprised me, asking me how to train, how to diet and if we
    could be friends ... and this was better
    than any progress that I had in my trajectory.
    This part of my life ... this ... little part ...
    is called happyness (The pursuit of happynes)

- Training:

Power building - A:
    1) (ML) Bench press + Leg extension + Rear delts
    2) (ML) Squat + Cross Over + Triceps
    3) Pull Over + ABS + Fore arms
    4) Side delt + Front delt

As the equipment in my gym that I was using
    is not so heavy in loads, I had to do some
    adaptations for triceps:

Bench Press:
    1st: 15 x 65kg
    2nd: 12 x 75kg
    3rd: 7 x 85kg
    4th: 5 x 93kg
    5th: 3 x 99kg New Record!

Squat:
    1st: 10 x 85kg
    2nd: 7 x 95kg
    5th: 5 x 125kg
    6th: 3 x 135kg
    7th: 1 x 139kg New Record!

- Results:

Bench Press: 99kg
    Squat: 139kg

- Closure:

And at the end of the training they was running on threadmill:

COWABUNGA

Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ThiBezerra View Post

Bench Press:
    2nd: 12 x 75kg
    3rd: 7 x 85kg
    4th: 5 x 93kg
    5th: 3 x 99kg New Record!

Squat:
    2nd: 7 x 95kg
    5th: 5 x 125kg
    6th: 3 x 135kg
    7th: 1 x 139kg New Record!

Big congratulations on your new Personal Records, now I'm open always to teach and make new friends, it is always more fun to compete against younger or older people in the gym, and that makes you part of the community, very nice ending picture too
    An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.
    Pope John Paul II

Big congratulations on your new Personal Records, now I'm open always to teach and make new friends, it is always more fun to compete against younger or older people in the gym, and that makes you part of the community, very nice ending picture too
    I fully agree with you. Nice to see that we have same perspective of gym environment, thats the spirit, olympic spirit.
    And thank you so much not only for following my journal but mostly for your friendship.
    And....in some case, in some how, compete with you would be fantastic.
    I could lose, but I would try 110% to beat you in a challenge, and it's in that point where we find the fun.
    Thank you again, and sorry if I done some english mistakes.

- Hiei's Dead Lifts -

05/07/2021

- Intro:

And more one day training, doing what I most
    like to do, train is the thing that brings meaning
    to my life!!!

- Training:

As a Power Building - B day, I was a beat nervous
    because I don't knew if my hamstring would be
    good enough to do some decent dead lifts.
    And the result was ...

Power building - B:

Accessories:
    As I had some fun doing pull ups with
    additional weight, I have in mind to continue
    showing evolution on this moviment

Pull ups
    1st: 10 x B.W. (Body weight)
    2nd: 8 x B.W. + 4kg
    3rd: 6 x B.W + 8kg
    4th: 5 x B.W + 12kg
    5th: 5 x B.W + 14kg Current record!
    6th: 5 x B.W + 16kg New record!

Main lifts:
    Bent over row on T bar
    2nd: 10 x 75kg

I thought that I started with a good peformance,
    doing awesome to break another personal record,
    but maybe pull ups has exhausted me and
    my good performance came to shameful performance

3rd: 3 x 85kg (I don't even reached my current record > 95kg)
    4th: 6 x 75kg (Upset...)

Dead lift
    I already got here with no confindence, but ...

2nd: 8 x 95kg
    3rd: 5 x 115kg Current record
    4th: 5 x 125kg
    5th: 3 x 129kg
    6th: 1 x 131kg New record!
    Hiei brought me lucky:

Hiei's sweaty t-shirt:

- Goals:

Someone think that I am training for the olympics

- Results:

Pull ups: 5 x B.W + 16kg
    Dead lift: 1 x 131kg

- Closure:

Sometimes I think I will be succeed in front of all
    loads and then I get defeated, and sometimes
    with no confidence I overcome the loads ...
    Why? I don't know. Do you know?

Last edited by ThiBezerra; 05-09-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Sometimes I think I will succeed in front of all
    loads and then I get defeated, and sometimes
    with no confidence, I overcome the loads ...
    Why? I don't know. Do you know?
    Depends on your diet, for example, if you are doing a diet to lower your weight (and BF%) then you are creating an energy deficit and if on top of that you are going and doing some anaerobic training you may end feeling drained,

In other words, your diet has to be in line with your goals, if your goal is to get muscle definition and your Carbs and fat are low, then do not expect to have a great performance doing some very demanding training, it is, in the end, it is a matter of balance: Building muscle, eat big, enhancing symmetry and muscle density lower your carb intake, increase fat and protein,
    Pope John Paul II

Depends on your diet, for example, if you are doing a diet to lower your weight (and BF%) then you are creating an energy deficit and if on top of that you are going and doing some anaerobic training you may end feeling drained,

In other words, your diet has to be in line with your goals, if your goal is to get muscle definition and your Carbs and fat are low, then do not expect to have a great performance doing some very demanding training, it is, in the end, it is a matter of balance: Building muscle, eat big, enhancing symmetry and muscle density lower your carb intake, increase fat and protein,
    What a helpful reply, Thanks for the advices, it was a class to me. You are always helping me.
    Studying Power Lifting, I saw that they eat a lot calories from carb to progress in loads, but I think I have to find a middle point between evolve in loads and get better in muscle definition (aesthetic at all), because gaining a lot of weight to me i'ts not the goal.
    I will put your advices on practice, thanks again.

Ah, the image did not work I wanted to have Ultraman's light blinking after a mighty fight.
    Yes that is why people do cycles, a cycle to build muscle, they call it a bulking cycle but most people do that incorrectly, and then they do a cut cycle, again in a way that is not even healthy, lowering their BF% to numbers that are not compatible with life, yes Balance is key in a productive life
    Pope John Paul II

Ah, the image did not work I wanted to have Ultraman's light blinking after a mighty fight.
    Yes that is why people do cycles, a cycle to build muscle, they call it a bulking cycle but most people do that incorrectly, and then they do a cut cycle, again in a way that is not even healthy, lowering their BF% to numbers that are not compatible with life, yes Balance is key in a productive life
    HAHAHA!
    Ultraman is a great Tokusatsu, and if I am right, I have a photo on University times with an Ultraman action figure (I will search for this photo). Reading and understanding your line of thinking, I believe strategies like Carb Cycling would be great to Power lifting (Or "normal people who wants to evolve strenght"), maybe High carb days would fit better one day after the training, to make sure that Muscle Glycogen was stored, and days that not precedes training, would fit better with Low Carb days, what do you think about that?
    Remembering my short experience with power lifting/"power" training, most times that I ate cheat meal (~5000 kcal) I could had a better performance on this type of training, but eating in that way my weight blowed up and performance to run, jump and fight decreased!

Exclamation Eating for the training to endure better and rest well

HAHAHA!
    Ultraman is a great Tokusatsu, and if I am right, I have a photo on University times with an Ultraman action figure (I will search for this photo). Reading and understanding your line of thinking, I believe strategies like Carb Cycling would be great for Powerlifting (Or "normal people who want to evolve strength"), maybe High carb days would fit better one day after the training, to make sure that Muscle Glycogen was stored, and days that not precedes training, would fit better with Low Carb days, what do you think about that?
    Remembering my short experience with powerlifting/"power" training, most times that I ate cheat meal (~5000 kcal) I could have a better performance on this type of training, but eating in that way my weight blew up and performance to run, jump and fight decreased!
    My diet has changed so much after I reached my late 40s (I'm now >54) and stop training for Karate and regional Kumite, what I use to eat and train (explosive and weight) is very different now. Of course, just like you, I did my heavy lifting mainly for vanity purposes and improve for a sport, but with time I slowly shifted to street running (from the need to have enough air and endurance to endurance) and my diet shifted from quick energy and explosiveness, energy storage and muscle mass, changed it for endurance.

I think that you can try your plan, It does bring a good smile to my face, build some storage and have some good reserves for the heavy lifting day, and evaluate your results, learn from them, I think you are heading in the right direction, one more detail: when lifting and training heavy - heavy resting well is perhaps the most important part of your workout for recovery, remember that muscle grows when you sleep. sleeping and sleeping well is very important, trust me.

Hint!
    Search on how to make and map an expenditure table, learn how much energy you spend in a regular day, in that way you can adjust your fat, your protein, your carbs and make the adjustments you may need to have good endurance, good speed, good explosiveness
    Pope John Paul II

My diet has changed so much after I reached my late 40s (I'm now >54) and stop training for Karate and regional Kumite, what I use to eat and train (explosive and weight) is very different now. Of course, just like you, I did my heavy lifting mainly for vanity purposes and improve for a sport, but with time I slowly shifted to street running (from the need to have enough air and endurance to endurance) and my diet shifted from quick energy and explosiveness, energy storage and muscle mass, changed it for endurance.

I think that you can try your plan, It does bring a good smile to my face, build some storage and have some good reserves for the heavy lifting day, and evaluate your results, learn from them, I think you are heading in the right direction, one more detail: when lifting and training heavy - heavy resting well is perhaps the most important part of your workout for recovery, remember that muscle grows when you sleep. sleeping and sleeping well is very important, trust me.

Hint!
    Search on how to make and map an expenditure table, learn how much energy you spend in a regular day, in that way you can adjust your fat, your protein, your carbs and make the adjustments you may need to have good endurance, good speed, good explosiveness

Wow, 54 ... In profile photo you are great, good job my friend. Why do you stopped with kumite? Kumite makes me remind this:

Yes, I agree, it was a similar phase than I am still living.
    Hey man, you are great, thanks for always helping me, and about training heavy and resting heavy, in the begining I was doing Day On/Day off weight trainings, but as time goes by, I shifted to train every day, I think turn back to Day On/Day Off would be a better option.
    About the hint, calculate my macros based on my TEE, is this the same thing as the expenditure table?

Post Learn to administer your life more efficiently

Wow, 54 ... In profile photo you are great, good job my friend. Why do you stop with kumite? Kumite makes me remind this:

Yes, I agree, it was a similar phase than I am still living.
    Hey man, you are great, thanks for always helping me, and about training heavy and resting heavy, in the beginning I was doing Day On/Day off weight trainings, but as time goes by, I shifted to train every day, I think turn back to Day On/Day Off would be a better option.
    About the hint, calculate my macros based on my TEE, is this the same thing as the expenditure table?
    Thank you for your truly kind words, time passes by, and time is the ultimate judge, my realization is that what really matters in the end is to end your days with dignity and in health, I only wish I still look like in the profile picture I have in, my conditioning is still particularly good I'll dare to say but no longer chunky.
    It is also a reminder to upload a new profile picture more in tune with my current shape, long gone are the heavy press bench session and leg press and squatting sessions.

calculate my macros based on my TEE, is this the same thing as the expenditure table?
    Yes, one that will help you calculate what to eat when you go out to lift heavy, also one more thing remember never to do the same things every single day or else your very adaptable body will learn what you are doing and your progress will stop.
    Pope John Paul II

Thank you for your truly kind words, time passes by, and time is the ultimate judge, my realization is that what really matters in the end is to end your days with dignity and in health, I only wish I still look like in the profile picture I have in, my conditioning is still particularly good I'll dare to say but no longer chunky.
    It is also a reminder to upload a new profile picture more in tune with my current shape, long gone are the heavy press bench session and leg press and squatting sessions.

Yes, one that will help you calculate what to eat when you go out to lift heavy, also one more thing remember never to do the same things every single day or else your very adaptable body will learn what you are doing and your progress will stop.
    I agree with all, from 20s to 30s, I already felt "time judgement" and this made me understand that time is your most precious asset, and time pass so quickly.
    And about to do not do same thing every day (diet plan), this is new to me and I will try to put on practice.
    Arigato gozaimasu.

- 東京 2020 -
    Tokyo 2020

05/11/2021

- Intro:

As time goes by, more I think about olympic games,
    since child this was the coolest event to me, I always felt
    adrenaline seeing this competition, through the high
    level of performance one thing always caught my eye, the
    plasticity of the movement (the beauty behind the
    movement).
    Nowadays, olympics still is the biggest event to me!
    And of course I am rooting for some countries on Asia,
    Japan, China, South and North Korea, Mongolia And Kazakhstan.
    About Kazakhstan, on Amateur Boxing they (My opinion)
    are the new potency on this sport.
    Words from a huge fan from

Serik Sapiyev - Kazakhstan:
    69kg Gold medal - 2012 olympics (London)
    Val Barker Trophy for best boxer at London 2012

- Training:

Power building - B:

Accessories:
    Pull ups
    1st: 10 x B.W. (Body weight)
    2nd: 10 x B.W. + 4kg
    3rd: 7 x B.W + 8kg
    4th: 6 x B.W + 12kg
    5th: 5 x B.W + 16kg
    6th: 4 x B.W + 20kg New record!

Main lifts:
    Bent over row on T bar
    1st: 14 x 75kg
    2nd: 10 x 85kg
    3rd: 8 x 95kg Current record!
    4th: 5 x 105kg New record Yatta

Dead lift
    1st: 10 x 75kg
    2nd: 8 x 85kg
    3rd: 5 x 105
    4th: 4x 115
    5th: 1 x 121 (Shameful)

- Results:

Pull ups: 4 x B.W. + 20kg
    Bent over row on T bar: 5 x 105kg

- Closure:

Back to the Amateur Boxing topic, I really liked
    Serik Sapiyev fighting system, but I'm also a fan of other
    athletes on boxing, and they are:

Zhou Shiming - China:
    49kg Bronze medal - 2004 olympics (Athens)
    49kg Gold medal - 2008 olympics (Beijing)
    49kg Gold medal - 2012 olympics (London)
    This is the greatest proof that an image
    speaks more than a thousand words

Enkhbatyn Badar-Uugan - Mongolia:
    54kg Gold medal - 2008 Olympics (Beijing)

Manus Boonjumnong - Thailand:
    64kg Gold medal - 2004 olympics (Athens)
    64kg Silver medal - 2008 olympics (Beijing)

Reito Tsutsumi - Japan:
    60kg Gold medal - 2021 AIBA World Boxing (Poland)
    I'am his fan because of three things:
    1) He is very similar to my cousin (Main)
    2) He is Highly talented
    3) He is asian athlete

Problems!!!

Hello everyone, I came here just to say I didn't give up to share my routine here on journals, tonight I will make a post. This pause I've done, its because I am having trouble with psoriases, and this is embarrasing me a lot to do my trainings (exercises makes psoriases worst) , but lets deal with psoriases, train in the same way, and see in practice what happens.

I am having trouble with psoriasis...
    Sorry to read about that, but nothing to be ashamed of, it just happens. Take good care.
    Pope John Paul II

- Swaying Mood! -

06/09/2021

- Intro:

Hello there! I don't came here in my best, but to not be pessismist,
    also I'm not in my worst. Somethings are disrupting my mood,
    all that gets in the way on my training routine, makes me moody.
    The responsible for all this mess is psoriasis, to fix this I'm taking
    corticosteroids, but these medications have a side effect to gain
    so much water retension, in the medication package insert says
    that's possible gain around 20kg, last time I took corticosteroids,
    I gained around 10kg ... this is so disheartening.

- Training:

Even dishearted, and cheating my diet, training "performance"
    are maintaned...
    Power building - A:
    1) (ML) Bench Press + Leg extension + Rear delts
    2) (ML) Squat + Peck Deck + Skull crusher
    3) Shoulder Press + Triceps push down + Fore arms
    4) Lateral raise + ABS + Fore arms

Main lifts:
    Bench Press
    1: 8 x 75kg
    2: 8 x 81kg
    3: 5 x 87kg
    4: 5 x 93kg
    5: 3 x 97kg
    6: 2 x 101kg
    As I was evolving, I think 2 x 101kg isn't bad.

Squat
    1: 8 x 85kg
    2: 8 x 105kg
    3: 5 x 115g
    4: 3 x 125kg
    5: 3 x 135kg
    Not to bad too.

I have one thing that I want to share, this can be strange or
    maybe not... but last week I done a boxing training with my
    first coach, where
    Warm up (Jump rope) -> OK
    Sparring -> OK
    Mitt work -> Defeated
    I got sick, I was out of breath, and in that moment I
    remembered what I was able to do in my 20s, in this moment
    I was ashamed for having done a bad performance and
    understood that I'm being old for sports and this made me
    fall in tears...

But again, to not be only pessimist, he (coach) said that now
    I have power on the punches, what was my weak point at my 20s

- Diet:

Settled in 3000 kcal
    Some days ago I saw some bodybuilders talking about Chris Aceto
    diet plans focusing in train more intensive, and this resume in
    Low fat
    High carb
    Medium to high protein
    Just to have sure that glycogen stocks will be all fuelled.
    ... I think this would be interesting, and I will try ...

- Closure:

I'm still sad and angry for getting old to sport and being
    "defeated" by a mitt work.
    But let's see what happen from now on.
    43 days to Tokyo olympics