bc222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

feedback on home PPL routine?

i have a pullup bar and limited dumbbells so adding weight isn't easy, advice appreciated.

push day:

pushups 3x10 then burnout set
    incline pushups 3 sets to fatigue
    lateral raise 3x10 then burnout set with lower weight
    arnold press 3x10 then burnout set with lower weight
    overhead tricep extension 3 sets to fatigue

pull day

pullups 3 sets to fatigue (each set i do regular pull ups to fatigue then immediately into negatives to fatigue)
    chinups 3 sets to fatigue (same format as pullups)
    one-arm dumbbell row 3x10
    hammer curls 3 sets to fatigue then burnout with lower weight

legs day

bulgarian split squats 3x10
    goblet squats 3x8
    glute bridges 3x8
    wallsit for however long i can

also add a youtube core workout after each workout plus some jumprope. probably going to add horizontal rows to pull routine and dips to push but not sure how best to do so. also, is aiming for more reps for fatigue sets/burnout sets a good way to ensure hypertrophy? thanks
    Last edited by bc222; 04-14-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's not bad. My personal preference (take it or leave it) would be to replace the glute bridge with dumbbell RDL (1 or 2 legged) and put it on pull day. If you don't have a bench, you can do floor presses.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

bc222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    It's not bad. My personal preference (take it or leave it) would be to replace the glute bridge with dumbbell RDL (1 or 2 legged) and put it on pull day. If you don't have a bench, you can do floor presses.
    thanks! i thought it was solid too but people on reddit said it sucked but their recommended body weight fitness routine pissed me off so much i came here for confirmation bias. cheers

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If equipment is limited, I'd usually opt for fullbody training to be honest. Hitting some giant sets and supersets three times a week would be more beneficial in my opinion if you only have light DB's or KB's.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel