dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Gungnir of Norway Oly dbs

I've already purchased the prx short db handles and have been looking to get a 20" pair. Been eyeing Rogue but had a targeted ad about gungnir of Norway dbs.

Noticed they feature coops review on the site so I watched it. I feel like he gets the free stuff and is objective because of that so i took it with a grain.

When it came to price.. it seemed like he thought they were overpriced but they have a stainless handle and sleeve.

https://gungnirofnorway.com/products/the-dumbler

Technical specs
    Dumbbell type Loadable
    Slidelocks Titanium
    Compatible weight plates Olympic weight plates
    Sleeve diameter 50 mm / 2"
    Sleeve length 160 mm / 6.25"
    Loadable sleeve length 108 mm / 4.25"
    Length 468 mm / 18.42"
    Weight 5.5 kg / 12 lbs.
    Grip length 130 mm / 5.11"
    Grip diameter 28 mm / 1.1"
    Knurl Medium to aggressive
    Maximum load 120kg (264 lbs)*
    Handle coating Stainless steel
    Sleeve coating Stainless steel
    Bushing/Bearing Bronze bushing

Also says they're droppable from knee height onto rubber flooring with a lifetime warranty.

I have the money. Am I nuts to consider these??

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not crazy. I was considering these too before I decided to get a full set of individual dumbbells. They look pretty sweet..

My only concern was the potential "slop" when the collar isn't a tight fit against the plates but it's probably not that big of a deal.

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Not crazy. I was considering these too before I decided to get a full set of individual dumbbells. They look pretty sweet..

My only concern was the potential "slop" when the collar isn't a tight fit against the plates but it's probably not that big of a deal.
    Yeah I saw that when coop put his plates on. They angled when he put it down. Assume that would cause a lot of rattling :s

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    They are expensive but seem to be the way to go with this type of dumbbell if you can swing the cost. I'd rather put it towards a different type (powerblocks or ironmasters) but I can see the benefits of using these. Sure beats the ones that require a normal collar.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Adam posted a really good review today that's worth checking out.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My eyeglass frames were titanium. Apparently after a year the metal fatigues and one side snapped off.

I get there is far less material than in this dumbbell but theres a reason spyplanes and fighter jets have such expensive upkeep. Metal fatigues. Maybe it wont be an issue with the amount of metal and prob alot less extreme forces applied but since it appears to have moving parts id be worried about metal fatigue anyways. Id jus be paranoid

My eyeglass side jus fell apart the way if you grab a pinch of sand, some sand falls away from the side. Super pissed it was jus a few weeks after the warranty expired. Eye frame is an annoyance. Plates sliding off onto your face is something else
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Adam posted a really good review today that's worth checking out.

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed. Confirms the slop you were suggesting was possible. The video feels way less sponsored and far more direct than coops. Appreciate the link my brotha
    Last edited by dagdafitness; 04-17-2021 at 05:38 AM.

Originally Posted by dagdafitness View Post
    Thank you. This is exactly what I needed. Confirms the slop you were suggesting was possible. The video feels way less sponsored and far more direct than coops. Appreciate the link my brotha
    Coop could definitely learn something from Adam. He posts here fairly regularly (GamecockLifter), though not quite as often as he used to.

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for watching, gents!

klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the thread, dagdafitness. These dumbbells look like they could make my home gym complete, like permanently.

Right now I use Nüobells which are up to 70 lbs each, and I am not near needing more, but when I reach that point the Gungnir will solve that. If it's 264 lbs each (??) that's way more than I'll ever need, I guess, as I am natty.

I follow the Fierce Five, and I go to the gym for leg day, the only limiting factor with the Nüobells, in the future, seem to be rows. Single arm dumbbell row, bent over dumbbell row, and for leg day (if I can't make it to the gym) it's calf raises and romanian deadlifts from the Fierce Five dumbbell program. So these look great, and thanks again for the thread OP.

I was about to make a follow up review for the Nüobells I bought in that thread, but just saying here, if you don't need more than 70 lbs they are absolutely great. It's happened the weight plates fall off when loading. Happened once. But it was easy to fix and they seem good and secure when lifting. And it goes super fast to change weights, and feels good, so I'm recommending that to anyone needling only up to 70 lbs.

single arm dumbbell row, bent over dumbbell row --- calf raises, romanian deadlift

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    They're fancy but 1" dumbbells are better, they're less bulky. Not to mention they're cheaper

Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    They're fancy but 1" dumbbells are better, they're less bulky. Not to mention they're cheaper
    Yeah well they have that too
    https://gungnirofnorway.com/pages/dumbler-standard

Now I'd probably go with Kabuki handles because they have 30mm grips. Assuming money was no object.

https://store.kabukistrength.net/pro...dable-dumbbell

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dagdafitness View Post
    OK well they're pretty cool, but I'll stick to the old spinlocks that cost about $1 per inch

klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was at the gym today, they fixed the sparkling water machine and ... *drumroll* ... they got Gungnir barbells. Replaced like half their barbells with Gungnir, and I gotta say loving it so far. No need to find a jaw lock. The quality and finish of the barbells feels a bit strange though. They look somewhat cheap, the metal doesn't look like regular barbells, but they feel fine. At least this one time I tried them. I'll report back if there are some niggles later on.

I got a common cold couple weeks back, and am still out of sorts, so I might not get around to it right away, but will most def post if there are problems with it.

And the gungnir bars, they look like the perfect workout equipment if you're so lucky/unlucky to get kids, as that leaves little time for heading to the gym, but with gungnir dumbbells it seems you can get as heavy load as you need, and you can store the whole "home gym" in a cupboard. So with a Flybird bench and dumbbells, you've got most you need for a quick workout and it's easy to stow it away again.
    Last edited by klbbr; 10-24-2021 at 03:11 PM.