Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think the more modern version of this would just be drinking a carton of egg whites, I remember the more plates more dates guy recommending bringing in a carton to work and drinking it in the break room admittedly as someone working with a bunch of older programmers the optics of this seemed comical to me XD . Not really my thing but seems to still do what OP is trying to do (get in more calories and protein) without the potential health risks.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    If there's one theme spending lots of time on this forum over the past couple of years that I've seen as an increasingly valuable concept, is the importance of protecting long-term health.

The classical understanding of health was to protect and maintain it, remedy being for the most part taken as evidence of prior shortcomings. I think we would all do well to have more of that Hippocratic view.

ManWittaplan, have you read Arnold's Encyclopedia? I have, and even if it was just ghost-written (mentions nothing of his own steroid use and says precious little about them at all, for instance), even Arnold's own how-to from the 90s recommends caution against overdoing cholesterol, and to derive most daily protein from fish, poultry, and legumes/nuts.
    I understand.

You’ll notice I never mentioned anything for how long to do that, reading the article will give recommendations. I’m offering another view to someone who wants to try an alternative method or something different.

I don’t disagree with many of the people here, in fact I agree with most of what they say minus the etched in stone of dieting/eating plans only being done one way.

I’m a firm believer in metabolic flexibility, the usual eat the same food every day for the rest of your life mentality doesn’t work for me. I like options.

Part of the title of the thread is “hormone precursor”, that’s what it’s made for. You don’t do that if your goals are different.

I’ll finish my reply with not once have I ever said do keto permanently or eat high cholesterol foods forever, there’s a time and place for everything.
    Kid Covid

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    I think the more modern version of this would just be drinking a carton of egg whites, I remember the more plates more dates guy recommending bringing in a carton to work and drinking it in the break room admittedly as someone working with a bunch of older programmers the optics of this seemed comical to me XD . Not really my thing but seems to still do what OP is trying to do (get in more calories and protein) without the potential health risks.
    Big fan of Derek
    Kid Covid

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    I dunno if these guys just did weird chit because protein powder used to taste so awful but with modern protein tasting amazing in 100s of flavors I just don't understand why you would op for weird ****.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's not based on science and basically is a high protein/fat type protein drink.
    Im not saying it didn't help some people along with other "supplements"but to effect a hormone increase it may be little to unlikely.
    Protein intake after training throughout the day can help with muscle repair and recovery so vines drink could help.
    I would recommend pasteurized egg whites and or eggs and not raw.
    There is some science based info that if you can get a short intense training session in ,30-40 minutes no more it can stimulate some hormone increase.
    Im sure it would be different though from person to person.
    Supplements of today have a greater bio activity level,like whey and casein for muscle building but I'm not sure about hormone release.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    It's not based on science and basically is a high protein/fat type protein drink.
    Im not saying it didn't help some people along with other "supplements"but to effect a hormone increase it may be little to unlikely.
    Protein intake after training throughout the day can help with muscle repair and recovery so vines drink could help.
    I would recommend pasteurized egg whites and or eggs and not raw.
    There is some science based info that if you can get a short intense training session in ,30-40 minutes no more it can stimulate some hormone increase.
    Im sure it would be different though from person to person.
    Supplements of today have a greater bio activity level,like whey and casein for muscle building but I'm not sure about hormone release.
    I had a big group ripping on t boosters in the supplement forum. As soon as I presented 9 months worth of consistent before and after labs no one seems to bash that booster I used.

With the steak and eggs diet I had followed I had seen a drastic decrease in bodyfat AND gain strength in all my exercises (in record time for me). I was also able to use the carb loading to my advantage for going in a lower weight class while competing in bjj.

Think of macros and diets like a tool. Use the right tool for a specific job. To sit and call mark sisson, Mauro Dipasquale, gironda, lyle McDonald, dom d’agostno etc wrong for not promoting a mainstream diet is foolish.
    Kid Covid

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    I had a big group ripping on t boosters in the supplement forum. As soon as I presented 9 months worth of consistent before and after labs no one seems to bash that booster I used.

With the steak and eggs diet I had followed I had seen a drastic decrease in bodyfat AND gain strength in all my exercises (in record time for me). I was also able to use the carb loading to my advantage for going in a lower weight class while competing in bjj.

Think of macros and diets like a tool. Use the right tool for a specific job. To sit and call mark sisson, Mauro Dipasquale, gironda, lyle McDonald, dom d’agostno etc wrong for not promoting a mainstream diet is foolish.
    What do you mean ‘mainstream’ diet? Do you mean ones that are based on repeated studies across large sample sizes?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think Garage Rat knows what he's doing. :/
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    [m
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    And let's not forget how his health turned out even with that:

And nowadays, he doesn't even follow that kind of extreme diet he used to... he completely overhauled his diet because of health concerns.
    isnt he vegan now?

I understand.

You’ll notice I never mentioned anything for how long to do that, reading the article will give recommendations. I’m offering another view to someone who wants to try an alternative method or something different.

I don’t disagree with many of the people here, in fact I agree with most of what they say minus the etched in stone of dieting/eating plans only being done one way.

I’m a firm believer in metabolic flexibility, the usual eat the same food every day for the rest of your life mentality doesn’t work for me. I like options.

Part of the title of the thread is “hormone precursor”, that’s what it’s made for. You don’t do that if your goals are different.

I’ll finish my reply with not once have I ever said do keto permanently or eat high cholesterol foods forever, there’s a time and place for everything.
    Also op you got the recipe wrong
    Upon looking up egg-milk protein I found this,
    VINCE'S SPECIAL PROTEIN DRINK

Try this recipe created by Vince Gironda for adding muscle mass:

“8-12 oz of half & half

1 scoop of NSP Milk & Egg Protein

1-2 raw fertile eggs

1 banana

Mix the above into a pudding-like consistency and sip it between your meals or after your workout.

You can also drink 60 minutes before you go to bed in order to supply your body with ample protein so you can build muscle whilst you sleep.”

1-2 eggs not 12
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    1-2 eggs not 12
    Smoking gun right there ^^^

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Smoking gun right there ^^^
    also the egg milk powder uses egg whites
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    12 fertile quail eggs.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    12 fertile quail eggs.
    Quail eggs were going to be in my Food Face Off tomorrow.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And they still shall be.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I suggest a single plum, floating in perfume, served in a man’s hat

"When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I suggest a single plum, floating in perfume, served in a man’s hat

Meh, i’d rather have a Flaming Homer
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

What do you mean ‘mainstream’ diet? Do you mean ones that are based on repeated studies across large sample sizes?
    mainstream as in the usda food guide pyramid

main focus being on breads, cereal and pasta.
    Kid Covid

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I think Garage Rat knows what he's doing. :/
    if it works for him terrific, not saying it wont
    Kid Covid

i love eggs

quail, chicken, fish, etc

if you include caviar or roe i'd appreciate it
    Kid Covid

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    [m
    isnt he vegan now?

Also op you got the recipe wrong
    Upon looking up egg-milk protein I found this,
    VINCE'S SPECIAL PROTEIN DRINK

Try this recipe created by Vince Gironda for adding muscle mass:

“8-12 oz of half & half

1 scoop of NSP Milk & Egg Protein

1-2 raw fertile eggs

1 banana

Mix the above into a pudding-like consistency and sip it between your meals or after your workout.

You can also drink 60 minutes before you go to bed in order to supply your body with ample protein so you can build muscle whilst you sleep.”

1-2 eggs not 12
    there are a few variations depending on your goal, vince wasn't narrow minded he was an explorer and pioneer.

if you want to know more you can read unleashing the wild physique
    Kid Covid

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I once got a pretty bad case of Girondia when i didn’t boil the water good enough while camping
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I once got a pretty bad case of Girondia when i didn’t boil the water good enough while camping
    I had Girondia once but a prescribed ointment cleared it up

Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    I had Girondia once but a prescribed ointment cleared it up
    hopefully it wasn’t the antibiotic resistant strain lol
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

there are a few variations depending on your goal, vince wasn't narrow minded he was an explorer and pioneer.

if you want to know more you can read unleashing the wild physique
    Why do you keep using these silly terms like 'explorer and pioneer'?

I could argue Hitler was a pioneer in plenty of things... still not a good dude.

MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MinisterOfLust has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Great shake if you want high LDL and salmonella poisoning.

What hard gainers need is a sustained caloric surplus, not dumb ideas from a muscle magazine from the 80s.
    Lol

I always get sick when I use to drink raw eggs
    🎄Mods changed my sig. ™Copyright ©2003 - 2005- 2017. All Rights Reserved. Uncle penis™ is a registered trademark of MinisterOfLust.

Originally Posted by MinisterOfLust View Post
    Lol

I always get sick when I use to drink raw eggs
    never had an issue but anything's possible
    Kid Covid

i knew you kept checking me out, still beyond flattered i get to live in your head for free

it's estimated that one in 30,000 raw eggs can be contaminated with salmonella so you're good to go!
    If you never returned these forums the community as a whole would be a better place.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    wow this thread is like a blast from the past of the good old nutrition section days...
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

If you never returned these forums the community as a whole would be a better place.
    11k reps in two months

Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    wow this thread is like a blast from the past of the good old nutrition section days...
    ha ha it's nice sometimes to stir up a little excitement to a forum that has the appeal of plain oatmeal