Kranjack18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need help with arm growth!!!

Alright so a little info. i’m an 18 year old male 150 pounds. and i’ve been working out for a year and like 3 months but November 2020 i got in a motorcycle crash and lost like all my gains so after that i basically restarted back to where i was when i first started. So now it’s going good i’m eating a lot and i take pre workout, creatine, turkestone, and noxygen (nitric oxide) 7 hours of sleep or more every night everything seems to be developing well except for my damn arms, especially biceps, my friend who started working like 5 months ago already has biceps like legit twice the size of mine. triceps seem to grow better but still hard to gain size. i cant seem to get to them to physically get bigger. i train everything basically for hypertrophy because i wanna gain actual SIZE in my arms not strength.

i do an arm day and currently for biceps i do the following exercises 3 sets each 10-12 reps. Normal alternating dumbell curls, hammer curls, crossover hammer curls, reverse ez bar curls, close grip preacher curls, incline dumbell curls, barbell curls, These are super setted with tricep also 3 sets 10-12 reps. tricep exercises are straight bar push downs, straight bar underhand pushdowns, tricep rope extension, overhead rope extension, ez bar skull crushers (i do 8 reps on these actually), close grip bench, kickbacks with the cable machine, and dips. They’re might be more i’m forgetting for both bicep and tricep but you get the idea.

Okay so now you guys know how i work them so what could the problem be? do i need to be going even higher reps or different exercises? Please help any advice will be greatly appreciated. How can i put pictures on here? lol

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're 150 lbs. Hard to think that your arms are the only thing not growing.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can upload pics on your bodyspace profile. What is your height, how much has your weight changed since your started post crash and whats the rest of your program look like? At 150 pounds unless you're pretty short I don't imagine anyone would have big arms and based on experience I have a feeling they're going to be pretty much in line with the rest of your body but I'll wait for pics. That's an absurd amount of arm volume for anyone much less a beginner.

Edit: Based on your profile picture your arms look proportioned well with your shoulders and chest. Like every other 18 year old who comes on here with "lagging arms", the answer is train your whole body. If the rest of your routine is as questionable as your arm day post it up and people can offer advice.
    Last edited by Ghawk21; 04-13-2021 at 12:44 PM.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat and train compound lifts.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    21 sets of curls + 21 sets of tris in one day and no growth? Crazy.

Registered User readreindeer666's Avatar
    readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You gotta eat more food to grow

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From your profile pic it looks like you have long arms which is a tougher thing to have when trying to gain arm size.
    I my self was in the same boat when i was younger.
    My arms hardly grew and i tried almost every type exercise and exercise protocol.
    Now looking back at my early days the advise i would give you if your after hypertrophy in your arms is to focus,train every set intensely as hard as you can,choose a couple exercises for biceps and triceps that you feel working the muscle well.
    Not all exercise are suited for everyone you have to discover what really cramps the muscle when you train.
    Lots of experimenting here.
    Be patient it won't happen over night and more likely will take some time.
    Take pics every month,keep a training log,eat well and get plenty of rest.
    If arms are a priority then cut back on the work for other body parts.
    Good luck.

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Eat and train compound lifts.
    ^^ This. Heavy rows and chins will build biceps fine.

There's a bicep program out by Brendan Tietz if you really need it
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kranjack18 View Post
    Alright so a little info. i’m an 18 year old male 150 pounds. and i’ve been working out for a year and like 3 months but November 2020 i got in a motorcycle crash and lost like all my gains so after that i basically restarted back to where i was when i first started. So now it’s going good i’m eating a lot and i take pre workout, creatine, turkestone, and noxygen (nitric oxide) 7 hours of sleep or more every night everything seems to be developing well except for my damn arms, especially biceps, my friend who started working like 5 months ago already has biceps like legit twice the size of mine. triceps seem to grow better but still hard to gain size. i cant seem to get to them to physically get bigger. i train everything basically for hypertrophy because i wanna gain actual SIZE in my arms not strength.

i do an arm day and currently for biceps i do the following exercises 3 sets each 10-12 reps. Normal alternating dumbell curls, hammer curls, crossover hammer curls, reverse ez bar curls, close grip preacher curls, incline dumbell curls, barbell curls, These are super setted with tricep also 3 sets 10-12 reps. tricep exercises are straight bar push downs, straight bar underhand pushdowns, tricep rope extension, overhead rope extension, ez bar skull crushers (i do 8 reps on these actually), close grip bench, kickbacks with the cable machine, and dips. They’re might be more i’m forgetting for both bicep and tricep but you get the idea.

Okay so now you guys know how i work them so what could the problem be? do i need to be going even higher reps or different exercises? Please help any advice will be greatly appreciated. How can i put pictures on here? lol
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/one-day-arm-cure

Not easy but very detailed, take a day off to try it

Follow the nutrition, supplements use whatever brand you’d like
    Kid Covid

DayChallenger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat, Eat, Eat... Train, Train Train... results will come if you consistent! Thats the magic key...
    and about your sets 3 x 10-12rep, are you adding weight? Or just keep lifting the same? Need to add 1/2kg from time to time, do 8 reps with good form.. and keep doing that till you go to 10-12, than repeat.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Change your thinking.

Want big arms? When you can curl 135x8 with strict form you’ll have them.

Perhaps, stop thinking that muscles are balloons that inflate with reps....and instead consider that there’s about a 99% correlation between making a muscle stronger and making it bigger.

The advice to eat more is spot on. The money you are blowing on the BS should be spent on:

Eggs
    Oatmeal

Steak
    Chicken
    Fish
    Rice
    Potatoes
    Yams

Pb, almonds, cheese
    Weight gain shakes

Eat big, lift big and you will grow.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Bench
    Row
    OHP
    Pull-ups
    Barbell curls
    Lying tricep extensions

You really don’t need much else for arms. Just progressively overload the above exercises and your arms will get bigger.

Don’t forget to train legs

Edit: and obviously eat above maintenance
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What does your back and leg day look like just out of curiosity?

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No waiter curls or Zottman curls are killing your gains.

See, that was satire. Small muscles like biceps tend to respond well to metabolic stress, so get 10-20 lbs worth of bands and do 100 PERFECT reps AFTER a well thought program with lots of other pulling movements.

You don’t need 97 different types of curls for arms to grow.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

fro5ty is not very well liked. (-100) fro5ty is not very well liked. (-100) fro5ty is not very well liked. (-100) fro5ty is not very well liked. (-100) fro5ty is not very well liked. (-100) fro5ty is not very well liked. (-100) fro5ty is not very well liked. (-100) fro5ty is not very well liked. (-100) fro5ty is not very well liked. (-100) fro5ty is not very well liked. (-100) fro5ty is not very well liked. (-100)
    Work the arms with high weight.

bench press, chest press, arm curls, triceps extensions, upright rows, military presses, rows, pulls
    Ryan Paul Papke - future president

ryanpapke.com

Registered User AwakeningDragon's Avatar
    AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AwakeningDragon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    From your profile pic it looks like you have long arms which is a tougher thing to have when trying to gain arm size.
    I my self was in the same boat when i was younger.
    My arms hardly grew and i tried almost every type exercise and exercise protocol.
    Now looking back at my early days the advise i would give you if your after hypertrophy in your arms is to focus,train every set intensely as hard as you can,choose a couple exercises for biceps and triceps that you feel working the muscle well.
    Not all exercise are suited for everyone you have to discover what really cramps the muscle when you train.
    Lots of experimenting here.
    Be patient it won't happen over night and more likely will take some time.
    Take pics every month,keep a training log,eat well and get plenty of rest.
    If arms are a priority then cut back on the work for other body parts.
    Good luck.
    This is the best advice here.