bytes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Review: Awful experience with the 7.00in. Olympic Adapter (pair) from Yukon Fitness

7.00in. Olympic Adapter (pair) (yukon-fitness.com/products/7-00in-olympic-adapter-pair)

Recently, I put in an order for 7.00in. Olympic Adapter (pair). I finally got around to getting them installed and I'm frankly extremely disappointed in the quality and craftsmanship of these adapters.

1) The grub screws are so long that I can not put plates on because they stick out. Please note, I have tightened them down all the way. Here's some pictures for reference: imgur.com/a/IYIuEOi

2) One of the inner grub screws is put in crooked. The hole that is drilled into the "adapter" for the grub screw was crooked. It's quite awful. Here are some comparison pics: imgur.com/a/AhnPaOQ

General pics of the adapters where you can see the craftsmanship quality: imgur.com/a/aDF0jta

Dealing with customer service has been pretty horrible. Their return and satisfaction/warranty policies state that the customer must pay for return shipping, and get charged a 15% restocking fee. My ask to them was that return shipping be paid for by Yukon Fitness and the 15% fee be waived as this product is frankly not what is advertised. They did not agree.

Here are my customer service interactions:

Firstly, I emailed them which received no reply.

After a week and a half of waiting for a reply, I called them which I was met with a rude customer service person (perhaps the owner?). I explained the problem to which they seemed aggravated and insulted that I was calling. They gave me a lecture about how they've been in business for 25 years and how they "aren't going to lose their shirt over this". They seemed to also indicate that they were willing to waive the 15% restocking fee, since their policy is that customers must pay for return shipping and a 15% restocking fee, I asked for an email confirming this to get it in writing. They were aggravated at this and reluctantly asked for my email to which I replied that it was yukonfitness@<mycatchall>.com (same email as the one on my order). They gave me a hard time asking why I would use this email (implying I'm scamming them). I never received an email from them.
    Tried to chargeback, but lost the dispute due to my CC only covering items that were never sent.

They also complained about my email scheme in their dispute reply.

>"yukonfitness@mycatchall.com" Our representative question this and Mr. mycatchall stated he that he creates an email using the name of the company he buys merchandise from on all his online orders. Most unusual

---

Overall, this is a awful item that you will need to do some DIY work to fix the craftsmanship problems. I wouldn't recommend this product or shopping at Yukon Fitness.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wait, did you create a yukonfitness email handle for this?

Also, you seem to be pretty familiar with how to get around posting links with less than 50 posts, so why not post this from your main account instead of an alt?

You seem shady.

bytes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Wait, did you create a yukonfitness email handle for this?

Also, you seem to be pretty familiar with how to get around posting links with less than 50 posts, so why not post this from your main account instead of an alt?

You seem shady.

No I didn't create a yukonfitness email handle. <anything>@mywebsite.com forwards to my email. So for every vendor/service I interact with I use the company name as my email. E.g this account is bodybuilding@mywebsite.com, my Netflix is netflix@mywebsite.com etc. Then if the vendor/service sells my email or there's a data dump, I can block that address to prevent spam. So for ordering from yukonfitness I used yukonfitness@mywebsite.com for the order email.

The reason I know how to get around the url filter is because I went to start posting 50 replies and the first post I looked at was this new member intro that had a pic: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179740413

Believe or not, this is my first account on this website. I've posted the same review on reddit's r/homegym where I used my main reddit account if that would make me seem less shady?
    Last edited by bytes; 04-13-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bytes View Post
    No I didn't create a yukonfitness email handle. <anything>@mywebsite.com forwards to my email. So for every vendor/service I interact
    I’ve done the same for about 25 years, and have (once, last year) also had a vendor make such a complaint when I contacted them to spend a couple thousand on their product and installation services.

I explained the system politely in my response. They complained again. I told them that if they’re trigger-happy, they’re welcome to file a legal complaint, and that I couldn’t see working with them but would instead go to a competitor.

I can’t be bothered with that kind of nonsense.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113