dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

No mind-muscle connection with right bi

My right bicep is the only thing I just can’t focus and get a contraction on. I never really developed that connection early on. I suspect using mixed grip DL’s at that point have something to do with it, considering I can contract my right tricep way better than my left while my left arm is bicep oriented. But that might not be the case idk

Currently when I do curls, I feel it in my forearm more than anywhere else on that side... is there a specific curl variant that will really force the issue and make it easier to get that contraction? I’m starting out on an U/L split now after not lifting heavy for a long time, and would like to try and fix at this stage

Ty in advance
    ChemE in education, SoftwareE in job

Live slow, Die whenever SLOTH LIFE

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dweeegs View Post
    My right bicep is the only thing I just can’t focus and get a contraction on. I never really developed that connection early on. I suspect using mixed grip DL’s at that point have something to do with it, considering I can contract my right tricep way better than my left while my left arm is bicep oriented. But that might not be the case idk

Currently when I do curls, I feel it in my forearm more than anywhere else on that side... is there a specific curl variant that will really force the issue and make it easier to get that contraction? I’m starting out on an U/L split now after not lifting heavy for a long time, and would like to try and fix at this stage

Ty in advance
    I also DL with a mixed grip and have noticed that my left bicep has developed a little differently than my right. But the arms are mostly static in a deadlift so that shouldn't have much to do with the motor mapping for it.

Do you do evenly distributed compound pulls like pullups, pulldowns, or barbell rows? If not, and you only curl, besides, that might have something to do with it. However, when curling, you shouldn't be able to keep the bicep out of it that much.

Could you upload a video or post your stats/recent routine?
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I also DL with a mixed grip and have noticed that my left bicep has developed a little differently than my right. But the arms are mostly static in a deadlift so that shouldn't have much to do with the motor mapping for it.

Do you do evenly distributed compound pulls like pullups, pulldowns, or barbell rows? If not, and you only curl, besides, that might have something to do with it. However, when curling, you shouldn't be able to keep the bicep out of it that much.

Could you upload a video or post your stats/recent routine?
    I am JUST starting out U/L, a month in or so, and am still at home for another 4 weeks before I go back to a gym, but my current workout (with the lone bench in the basement) is

U:
    Flat barbell bench
    Barbell rows (have been switching pronated and supinated grip to see what I like better)
    Side lat raises with some of the smaller plates
    Barbell bicep curl
    Barbell shrugs
    Overhead tricep extension with one of the plates

L:
    Lots of body weight squats
    Normal crunches
    Glute raises
    Leg raises on the floor
    Light Romanian DL’s
    Body weight lunges

It’s kinda all I got for now with what I have but I like it better than nothing

When I do go back to the gym and my strength comes back some more, the U/L I’ll be going for is

Dumbbell flat bench
    Barbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Pull-ups
    Incline bench
    Cable pulls
    Shrugs
    Tri pull downs
    Biceps??

L:
    Barbell back squats
    Standing / seated calf raises
    RDL’s
    Quad extensions
    Ab work

Something like that for the core and then swapping as needed... not nailed down yet but I do want to do normal deadlifts again and I’d have to remove something. It’s honestly been a while since I went for muscle growth and I still need to work it out before I go back in. I’d like to use U/L to get my strength back and then switch into a push/pull/legs routine eventually

When I do the barbell curls in the basement, I get the same exact issue I had a long time ago. Just cannot contract the right bi the same. I’ve never had any issues with asymmetries during back movements, whether I was using an U/L workout or doing a 4 day split, although I guess now it’s too early to tell

Also ty for the reply. I’m starting fresh after losing a lot of weight and I want to tackle this early

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Try doing a supinated dumbbell curls while keeping your wrist extended. Try doing a one-armed low cable curl where you face away from the cable and start with your arm extended behind you. Try doing a one-armed high cable curl where you face the cable, keep your arm high, and lean forward slightly into the movement as you approach peak contraction. In all cases go to failure and then do a few reat-pause reps.

If that does not work to help you feel your bicep I will be surprised.
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Could try a single-arm dumbbell preacher curl. Like anything else, it'll take deliberate, focused practice and time to get it down.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Google Reviews of GettFit Online Coaching: https://g.page/r/CeuQw8grjXrzEAE

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the ******** Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.********.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Try doing a supinated dumbbell curls while keeping your wrist extended. Try doing a one-armed low cable curl where you face away from the cable and start with your arm extended behind you. Try doing a one-armed high cable curl where you face the cable, keep your arm high, and lean forward slightly into the movement as you approach peak contraction. In all cases go to failure and then do a few reat-pause reps.

If that does not work to help you feel your bicep I will be surprised.
    Originally Posted by MG5 View Post
    Could try a single-arm dumbbell preacher curl. Like anything else, it'll take deliberate, focused practice and time to get it down.
    I’ll try both of these when I get back in there - thank you both

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im not a medical professional but you may have a nerve or other issue causing you not to be able to feel your bicep.
    It could be coming from the shoulder or back.
    Possibly a chiropractor or physical therapist that works with athletes could help your issue.

How you curl could also be an issue.
    If you curl and bend the wrists forward as you do forearms become very activated and less on the biceps.
    Try to keep your wrist neutral while curling.
    If you can't try wrist wraps to help you.