For1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Protein and carb macros per day

Hey guys.

I know everyone is different based on their metabolism, age, health etc but for the guys currently doing a good slow lean bulk, what age and weight are you currently and how many grams of protein / carbs (calories) are you working with daily that you have found to be effective for that slow grow?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

For1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah I’ve read this sticky before and I understand the principles of TDEE then surplus and plenty of articles saying 40/40/20 split but there are a million sites with TDEE calculators that all give variant results and I was more curious as to each persons individual experiences as there is a ton of people on this site that have walked the walk

I spent the last 12 weeks on 2800 calories with a 240P 200C split and found that was maintenance for me - I did that because some of the TDEE calculators indicated this would be a bulk for me. I’m 6’4” and 210lbs so I was more curious what people found worked for them specifically but I appreciate the referral to the sticky brother.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by For1979 View Post
    Yeah I’ve read this sticky before and I understand the principles of TDEE then surplus and plenty of articles saying 40/40/20 split but there are a million sites with TDEE calculators that all give variant results and I was more curious as to each persons individual experiences as there is a ton of people on this site that have walked the walk

I spent the last 12 weeks on 2800 calories with a 240P 200C split and found that was maintenance for me - I did that because some of the TDEE calculators indicated this would be a bulk for me. I’m 6’4” and 210lbs so I was more curious what people found worked for them specifically but I appreciate the referral to the sticky brother.
    oh okay. either way, 2800 calories is your maintenance then. 240 grams of protein is way more than you need, so you could simply lower the protein intake and eat more carbs and fat

i'm 5'7, 138 lbs and maybe 12-13% bf now. eating at least 130 grams of protein and 2800 calories per day, slowly gaining weight

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by For1979 View Post

Calculators are just guesses. You won't know your true requirements until you actually try it and collect the results. Usual statistical rules apply - more data is better and controlling the circumstances is better (e.g. same calorie intake each day, similar activity levels over time etc).

As for macros, ratios just make it seem like you need to hit some exact number which can be way more than you need.

Research shows there is a level at which adding more protein has no benefit - same goes for fats.
    So there are minimums of about 1.6g of protein per kg of target bodyweight and about 0.8g of fat per kg. You can go higher that these minimums so you have flexibility.