MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Need opinions on shoulder press machines

Hey all , if I don’t end up installing a True leg press machine in the corner of my gym, I’m seriously considering getting a stack loaded shoulder press machine instead .
    I would prefer to stay away from plate loaded machines , as I’m trying to maximize the amount of room I have left in the corner of my gym .
    I have never liked bench pressing with those machines that you find in motels , and find I usually aggravate my rotators .

But I find this machine interesting because it does different angles , as you can go from flat to incline to shoulder press .
    Multiple bar gripping areas a bonus to .

My second option is to go with a dedicated shoulder press . This is much less versatile,but I like how the arms are attached in a way the they arch as they go up .
    Thought maybe that would be easier on your rotators , although I wish there were grip positions like the machine above

Attached Images
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 04-10-2021 at 11:25 AM.
    Make Misc great again

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I picked up one of those Multi Press units, BH Fitness, commercial quality and really well engineered, but the bio-mechanics were just off, it did nothing particularly well, flat, to about 85 degrees, there was plenty of adjustment on the sliding seat assembly, If memory serves me correctly 5 pressing positions, but none of them felt comfortable and the shoulder press in particular, I think the lack of convergence was a big issue with this machine.

If at all possible I'd recommend a unit where the arms converge and if possible I think independent arms is also very useful.

I realise you prefer the space saving qualities and convenience of a stack unit, but the two best shoulder machines I've tried is the Hammer Strength shoulder press, which I had until last November and my present unit the Panatta Deltoid Press, considered to be the best shoulder machine in the cost no object thread.

I bought the Panatta after only trying it once, it's just a superb piece of equipment, the sliding back pad and pre load foot lever sets it apart. I can eulogise about this machine, but unless you've used it it's difficult to imagine just how good it is.

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    I picked up one of those Multi Press units, BH Fitness, commercial quality and really well engineered, but the bio-mechanics were just off, it did nothing particularly well, flat, to about 85 degrees, there was plenty of adjustment on the sliding seat assembly, If memory serves me correctly 5 pressing positions, but none of them felt comfortable and the shoulder press in particular, I think the lack of convergence was a big issue with this machine.

If at all possible I'd recommend a unit where the arms converge and if possible I think independent arms is also very useful.

I realise you prefer the space saving qualities and convenience of a stack unit, but the two best shoulder machines I've tried is the Hammer Strength shoulder press, which I had until last November and my present unit the Panatta Deltoid Press, considered to be the best shoulder machine in the cost no object thread.

I bought the Panatta after only trying it once, it's just a superb piece of equipment, the sliding back pad and pre load foot lever sets it apart. I can eulogise about this machine, but unless you've used it it's difficult to imagine just how good it is.

That machine is beautiful. Glad to hear it works as good as it looks. Very nice

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post

Thanks and good point regarding the independent left and right , as that did cross my mind . I may kibosh this for now .
    I just always find myself skipping shoulders . I do have an issue with an injury in my right rotator from stupidity when I was young . Shoulder presses aggravate it the most so I usually don’t bother .
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 04-10-2021 at 04:39 PM.
    Make Misc great again

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Asjogren View Post
    I was going to post that too....

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Hey all , if I don’t end up installing a True leg press machine in the corner of my gym, I’m seriously considering getting a stack loaded shoulder press machine instead .
    I would prefer to stay away from plate loaded machines , as I’m trying to maximize the amount of room I have left in the corner of my gym .
    I have never liked bench pressing with those machines that you find in motels , and find I usually aggravate my rotators .

But I find this machine interesting because it does different angles , as you can go from flat to incline to shoulder press .

Multiple bar gripping areas a bonus to .

My second option is to go with a dedicated shoulder press . This is much less versatile,but I like how the arms are attached in a way the they arch as they go up .
    Thought maybe that would be easier on your rotators , although I wish there were grip positions like the machine above

I've never liked this type of machine either- always felt I was fighting with the machine. went to disney a few years back they got rid of all the cybex machines and replaced with all life fitness cable-stacked machines. pretty much hated them all.
    There are a few plate loaded machines that don't take up alot of room and won't cost you a fortune. like the corner leverage units from powertec and body solid.
    Maybe a powertec multi-press unit. you can do much more than shoulders on all of these units.
    Just a thought.

Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    I've never liked this type of machine either- always felt I was fighting with the machine. went to disney a few years back they got rid of all the cybex machines and replaced with all life fitness cable-stacked machines. pretty much hated them all.
    There are a few plate loaded machines that don't take up alot of room and won't cost you a fortune. like the corner leverage units from powertec and body solid.
    Maybe a powertec multi-press unit. you can do much more than shoulders on all of these units.
    Just a though
    Ya I’m definitely putting the kibosh on this . As Richard pointed out ,the Panatta can be deloaded at the lower part of the stroke , saving your rotators .
    From memory now, I seem to have aggravated my shoulders when I tried to move the bar from the lowest most point getting it into position.
    I think I’m going to pull my resources for a leg press instead now , as I was looking at either or .
    You guys have been very helpful in pointing out issues . Much appreciated
    Make Misc great again

Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Asjogren View Post
    Do you mind me asking what sort of price uk you paid for these pieces. I am toying with the idea of some panatta pieces

Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Apologies that should have been for gymrichard

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rottweiler59 View Post
    Apologies that should have been for gymrichard
    I've sent you a PM.

Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you can give the cybex vr2 overhead press a look.
    It does regular overhead presses or a converging movement has linear bearings on the weight stack a kevlar belt and a small footprint and they are built like a tank.
    On the used market they are priced very reasonable IMHO

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Kinda big, but Hammer Strength makes a nice plate loaded shoulder press
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IMO you'd be better off with a bench that adjusts up to 90 degrees and dumbbells.
    With machines your in fixed position and your press has to travel in the machines groove instead of the natural groove your body has it do.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    IMO you'd be better off with a bench that adjusts up to 90 degrees and dumbbells.
    With machines your in fixed position and your press has to travel in the machines groove instead of the natural groove your body has it do.
    I agree thanks . Just did dumbbells again and I think it’s probably the best scenario for my rotators.
    I have a new bench on route , and it should be here soon . I don’t really like my
    IronMaster bench for seated incline ,so I ordered a new bench from bells of steel.
    As I looked at the Panatta shoulder press , I see that they are smart about not making you press from the bottom of the stroke , as that’s where I have issues and it aggravates my rotators.
    So I guess it’s back to dumbbells, as I don’t have the money to invest in machines such as Panatta .
    Make Misc great again