Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    Beef liver is high in cholesterol, in chicken liver it's even higher. it was a golden era of bodybuilding staple as well. vince gironda was a big fan of it and i can see why. cholesterol is the building block of anabolic hormones.

https://www.stephgaudreau.com/beef-liver-nutrition/

it's almost like a multi vitamin but stronger in some areas. nothing new here, just forgotten.
    Both Vince and your idol Poliquin died of heart failure.

Also, your liver literally produces all the cholesterol you need. There is no dietary requirement for cholesterol.

Calorie for calorie, there are plenty of better options for vitamins and minerals.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Both Vince and your idol Poliquin died of heart failure.

Also, your liver literally produces all the cholesterol you need. There is no dietary requirement for cholesterol.
    we get it, you don't like liver....now let the big boys (and the strong girl) carry on with our thread
    Kid Covid

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    we get it, you don't like liver....now let the sad incel (and the strong girl) carry on with our thread
    Fixed
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

based on actual events jtaylor2010's Avatar
    jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow, what century are we in? "Soyboy"? Really?

What's next, are you going to start calling me a '****'?

Grow up.

And BTW, if you think shooting an animal with a gun or a bow is somehow 'manly'... I would ask: is it really impressive to shoot a projectile at an animal from a piece of technology that literally removes 99% of the effort? OoooOOOooOoo big man..

You're not tough, impressive, or manly because you can kill something. Though maybe you can tell all your incel friends about it while crying over a case of Pabst complaining about why you haven't had sex in 2 years.

Lol...why are you so bitter all the time? Come into a thread about organ meat then sh!t on people eating organ meat. Talk about how awesome tofu is then freak out when someone makes a comment about it. Proceed to cry about hunters and top it off with a personal attack about getting laid. Within the first page you’re literally hoping for someone to get poisoned. All in a thread that simply started by someone looking for more ways to consume one of the most nutritious meats there is.

Sounds like you either need more calories, more carbs, more sex, or all of the above because you seem miserable.
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -support local farms crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew
    -less cursing the darkness and more lighting candles crew

Originally Posted by jtaylor2010 View Post
    Lol...why are you so bitter all the time? Come into a thread about organ meat then sh!t on people eating organ meat. Talk about how awesome tofu is then freak out when someone makes a comment about it. Proceed to cry about hunters and top it off with a personal attack about getting laid. Within the first page you’re literally hoping for someone to get poisoned. All in a thread that simply started by someone looking for more ways to consume one of the most nutritious meats there is.

Sounds like you either need more calories, more carbs, more sex, or all of the above because you seem miserable.
    Literally nothing you wrote actually happened.

Fiction can be fun, but try to keep it in the storybooks.

jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Literally nothing you wrote actually happened.

Fiction can be fun, but try to keep it in the storybooks.
    Or stay mad.....either way I don’t really care much.

Puking gif(no worries, funny gifs are a great part of the forum)

Proceed to talk about the sauces that make tofu great, and how you think it’s so much better than red organ meats

Get mad when called a soyboy about it

Cry about how hunting doesn’t mean anything and that’s it’s so easy

Tell someone to eat organ meat every day so they’ll get copper toxicity(just lmfao)
    +positive crew+

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Proceed to talk about the sauces that make tofu great, and how you think it’s so much better than red organ meats

Tell someone to eat organ meat every day so they’ll get copper toxicity(just lmfao)
    I’m starting to think he doesn’t like me
    Kid Covid

1/2 of this was true

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Adam where's the incel attack coming from? ManWittaplan has about 50 pounds of lean mass on you at least, and hasn't done or said anything to validate the insult, besides.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Adam where's the incel attack coming from? ManWittaplan has about 50 pounds of lean mass on you at least, and hasn't done or said anything to validate the insult, besides.
    He and I have had plenty of arguments in other threads.

He has consistently used totally debunked and non-scientific opinions (not facts) to provide advice to people on the forums.

I see these forums as a means to provide quality, proven or at least supported information to people seeking better health and performance.

So when somebody says the kinds of these he often does, I develop a distaste for them.

He also instigated name-calling by deeming me a ‘soyboy’ because I claimed you can make tofu taste good with sauce.

I am by no stretch the only person who takes issue with his input... MANY people have pointed out the issues with his posts.

As far as the ‘incel’ comments, what does having 50 pounds of alleged lean mass have to do with that? Someone’s sexual market value is not determined by their lean body mass, even if it did exist beyond a claim in a forum.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BTW, if you aren’t aware, soaking in milk helps to get rid of that metal taste. Try this here if you haven’t:
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/58...er-and-onions/
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    BTW, if you aren’t aware, soaking in milk helps to get rid of that metal taste. Try this here if you haven’t:
    Goes together like lamb and tuna fish

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As far as the ‘incel’ comments, what does having 50 pounds of alleged lean mass have to do with that? Someone’s sexual market value is not determined by their lean body mass, even if it did exist beyond a claim in a forum.
    It's obviously a factor, if not the only one of course.

But that still doesn't answer why you would assume that of him in the first place.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Idk looks like there are yummier choices for the same vitamins that are also lower in cholesterol. Like beans!

But if you like liver go for it? As long as you don’t have high cholesterol, and kinda limit it like you would canned tuna.

If I tried to make liver for my family it would get fed to the dogs. And you couldn’t pay me to eat it.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

But that still doesn't answer why you would assume that of him in the first place.
    Obviously a factor to specific people, not everyone.

I assume that of him because his personality could dry out Niagara Falls

He and I have had plenty of arguments in other threads.

He has consistently used totally debunked and non-scientific opinions (not facts) to provide advice to people on the forums.

I see these forums as a means to provide quality, proven or at least supported information to people seeking better health and performance.

So when somebody says the kinds of these he often does, I develop a distaste for them.

He also instigated name-calling by deeming me a ‘soyboy’ because I claimed you can make tofu taste good with sauce.

I am by no stretch the only person who takes issue with his input... MANY people have pointed out the issues with his posts.

This thread is about liver, I’m a huge fan of grass fed beef liver. I believe it is a powerhouse of nutrition (even provided a link). I wanted feedback and recipe ideas. If you hate that then there’s not much I can do for you.
    Kid Covid

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I remember the old school doing that to thaw it out when frozen never knew why they’d do it in milk.
    Kid Covid

He would like to emulate me
    Kid Covid

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Idk looks like there are yummier choices for the same vitamins that are also lower in cholesterol. Like beans!

But if you like liver go for it? As long as you don’t have high cholesterol, and kinda limit it like you would canned tuna.

If I tried to make liver for my family it would get fed to the dogs. And you couldn’t pay me to eat it.
    I don’t have it too often but I do take liver tabs almost every day.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak52.htm

A short read.
    Kid Covid

I remember the old school doing that to thaw it out when frozen never knew why they’d do it in milk.
    Supposedly it draws out any impurities that are still in the liver. With it being more basic than acidic it will help pull out any acids still lingering around in there. People have been doing it for a long time, and I assume that if people were willing to waste milk on it there must be a good reason. I’m not sure I’ve ever had it when it wasn’t soaked in milk so I can’t really compare the taste, but I hear it makes the flavor more mild as well(which makes sense if it’s pulling out acids and other impurities). And speaking of impurities, I try to eat meats raised on a local farm as much as possible(though I also buy from the grocery store as well), but liver is definitely one meat I wouldn’t get if it came from a factory raised animal. Luckily even at a local farm liver is probably going to be one of the items that is still really inexpensive. It’s not my favorite, but it’s cheap and I like to help them move product. And like I said, price/pound/nutrition it’s probably one of the most efficient ways to spend your money. There’s a reason animals eat the organs first after a kill, and liver is often first on their list of parts to consume.
    +positive crew+

Supposedly it draws out any impurities that are still in the liver. With it being more basic than acidic it will help pull out any acids still lingering around in there. People have been doing it for a long time, and I assume that if people were willing to waste milk on it there must be a good reason. I’m not sure I’ve ever had it when it wasn’t soaked in milk so I can’t really compare the taste, but I hear it makes the flavor more mild as well(which makes sense if it’s pulling out acids and other impurities). And speaking of impurities, I try to eat meats raised on a local farm as much as possible(though I also buy from the grocery store as well), but liver is definitely one meat I wouldn’t get if it came from a factory raised animal. Luckily even at a local farm liver is probably going to be one of the items that is still really inexpensive. It’s not my favorite, but it’s cheap and I like to help them move product. And like I said, price/pound/nutrition it’s probably one of the most efficient ways to spend your money. There’s a reason animals eat the organs first after a kill, and liver is often first on their list of parts to consume.
    interesting about the milk, i had heard about it with frozen fish before.

and yes with meats it's very important to purchase the best quality you can afford especially if it will be a staple in your diet. i always aim for grass fed organic whenever i can and wont eat organ meats unless they are organic.

local farmers markets are gems, unfortunately since covid they aren't as common around here as they used to be.

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I take liver caps regularly and also give them to the dogs. Went through a stage where I was downing whole bits of raw liver and also making smoothies out of frozen raw chunks. It just became a little tough to keep up with but would do again.
    #sunyourballs
    Unvaxed sperm is the next Bitcoin
    ⒻⓊⒸⓀ ⒷⒾⒹⒺⓃ

Originally Posted by jamalfudge View Post
    I take liver caps regularly and also give them to the dogs. Went through a stage where I was downing whole bits of raw liver and also making smoothies out of frozen raw chunks. It just became a little tough to keep up with but would do again.
    yep, you own a MAN CARD
    Kid Covid

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jamalfudge View Post
    I was downing whole bits of raw liver and also making smoothies out of frozen raw chunks.
    That takes the cake ^^^. I normally cut the meat out of a T-bone steak, then gnaw the raw meat off that remains on the bone. But making a smoothie out of raw liver. Your immune system must be off the scale.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    That takes the cake ^^^. I normally cut the meat out of a T-bone steak, then gnaw the raw meat off that remains on the bone. But making a smoothie out of raw liver. Your immune system must be off the scale.
    Ha ha!!!

I’m not as daring, best I can do is go to the butcher nearby he does a tartar steak special on the weekends.
    Kid Covid

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don’t have it too often but I do take liver tabs almost every day.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak52.htm

A short read.
    ya I googled it and those and liver ice cube things, seems like a reasonable solution if you don’t like liver. I still wouldn’t try them but I do see there can be benefits for it
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Sadly liver lacks sufficient vitamin C and vitamin K, vitamin D, and many other things pretty critical for immune function.

But in all honesty, while liver is very high in SOME vitamins and minerals, I feel like it would be far more beneficial to rely on a wide variety and fruits and vegetables as well to accumulate those same nutrients because you’d also be adding fiber and phytonutrients along with them...

I’ve yet to see a single study showing higher levels of immunity or general health in people eating liver...
    Last edited by AdamWW; 04-11-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    ya I googled it and those and liver ice cube things, seems like a reasonable solution if you don’t like liver. I still wouldn’t try them but I do see there can be benefits for it
    To me it doesn't matter because I like liver, I always have it the traditional way in flour with onions and mushrooms and aside from the great taste, it's also very beneficial to T levels much like lamb.

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I tried it first with the Perdue chicken livers you get at the grocery store. That was bad news all around.
    #sunyourballs
    Unvaxed sperm is the next Bitcoin
    ⒻⓊⒸⓀ ⒷⒾⒹⒺⓃ