BeckyLynn97 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face Fat Loss Log I Guess...

I am not one for group forums, and I feel a bit out of place here. But I don't find usual weight loss communities for women very helpful. So I guess I will give this a try. I am morbidly obese at 5"11' and 395lbs, and I am ready to change. I just got engaged in November, and now more than ever I am encouraged to be a better me. I am hoping that this will be one more thing I can do to help me meet my goal.

CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BeckyLynn97 View Post
    I am not one for group forums, and I feel a bit out of place here. But I don't find usual weight loss communities for women very helpful. So I guess I will give this a try. I am morbidly obese at 5"11' and 395lbs, and I am ready to change. I just got engaged in November, and now more than ever I am encouraged to be a better me. I am hoping that this will be one more thing I can do to help me meet my goal.
    Commit to checking in every day, even if it's been bad. You'll get great advice on here, and there are plenty of people who have lost 80+ pounds who can provide advice.

Worth posting and telling us your strategy - we may be able to point out a few improvements or simply validate your approach.
    A.L.L. Leukemia 2009 - 2012
    Brain haemorrhage 2009
    Hip replacements 2010 & 2011
    Eating Disorder 2016 - 2022
    Collapsed Talus 2020 - (Surgery August '22)

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your progress. What changes are you going to start with?
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

So, day two of posting. I appreciate the comments I already received. In response, I wanted to give a little info on what I have been doing. About three weeks ago I started a program called Choose To Loose. It is a combination of nutrition, medication, and exercise. I have not yet started taking anything, or exercising. My weight is mainly due to food addiction, and that is what I decided to focus on first. My quality of life has decreased so much that I am physically miserable most the time. I know my biggest issue is mentality. I have been calorie counting, staying below 2000 as suggested by my doctor. I also write down everything I eat. Today, I have not eaten much at all, due to my job being so hectic today. But for the most part it has been going well for me. In the last three weeks I have lost around 12 pounds. I do want to have an exercise routine longterm, but I think this is good for now. I am going to try and post everyday, but no promises.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That’s some crazy progress.good job!

It’s great you have started tracking calories. Do you have set goals for the amount of protein you are getting per day? Like do you try to get a minimum of say 120g?

I would say much on the medication piece, I’m not a doctor. But you can get some pretty good advice on supplements here.

As for exercise I think it would be good to start as soon as you can. Even if it’s 15-20 mins 3 times a week of any active movement. Just something to get in th habit of exercise. You could walk, just get some dumb bells and do a few arm exercises, you could swim, or just walk in water, this is actually a really great place to start. Just figure out something you can stick with a few times a week. Once you find something there’s great advice in the exercise section on how to structure your workout. Working out, as far as I know, can also help you have less loose skin after the weight loss.

Do you have any injuries or physical restrictions?

Keep going though you are doing great!
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

I have not had a protein goal, but I have another appointment Thursday with my Choose to Loose doctor. I will ask her what she thinks the best goal for that would be. As for physical injuries, no. I would say I have a few restrictions, just because I have let my weight get so bad. I have a lot of back pain, and recently have been having issue walking because I did something to my right foot. I am trying to use these issues as motivation, because I know they will improve the more weight I lose. I appreciate your encouragment and support. I look forward to seeing how things continue to improve.

Sunday Update

I am not happy with how this weekend went. I always struggle on the weekends because we like to eat out, and I have less distraction, like work, to keep me from thinking about food. I plan to get back on track Monday. I am just trying to remember that as long as I don't give up, I am still moving in the right direction.

Originally Posted by BeckyLynn97 View Post
    I am not happy with how this weekend went. I always struggle on the weekends because we like to eat out, and I have less distraction, like work, to keep me from thinking about food. I plan to get back on track Monday. I am just trying to remember that as long as I don't give up, I am still moving in the right direction.
    Do you think it would help next weekend to have a plan? Like if your going out to eat on Friday and Saturday do some research on what to order so you can log/track it?
    Also, it might be helpful to write a list of things to do, to keep you busy. Like maybe a new hobby? Or something to get you out of the house.

Other things that could help is making a daily schedule. Have set times for meals and look into mindfulness during meals.

This is a great guide to help with mindfulness during eating that has little to dos and things to write about to practice this

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/d...ful-eating.htm

It may be helpful to work through the ^^ above with a therapist
    Last edited by snailsrus; 04-12-2021 at 03:44 PM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Smile April 12 Update

I think today went well. I ended at 1810 out of 2000 calories, and 81g of protein. I am not sure that was enough protein, but I still plan to talk with someone about that. I did not have a whole lot of cravings today, I feel good.

Weighted in today at the doctor. I'm down 11 pounds in the last month. Slow and steady is my goal, and I think it's working. Can't wait to see what changes.

CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's a great start, keep it going!
    A.L.L. Leukemia 2009 - 2012
    Brain haemorrhage 2009
    Hip replacements 2010 & 2011
    Eating Disorder 2016 - 2022
    Collapsed Talus 2020 - (Surgery August '22)

ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How did you become a morbidly obese woman?

Is It a disease or an unbalanced diet over the years?

thanks for sharing your experience.