desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Why does pineapple trash my tastebuds now?

I don’t seem to remember pineapple destroying my tastebuds when I was younger. But the last few years, when ever i eat pineapple, my tastebuds are ruined for a few hours. I just had some cut up pineapple from Trader Joes and it was delicious while eating it. Afterwards though I get that aftertaste. I was still kind of hungry and had a scoop if PB and the PB tasted like nothing, just kind of oily and the aftertaste of the pineapple. Even when its in a smoothie, I got a mango smoothie a few weeks ago that had pineapple in it and a carne asada burrito, i drank the smoothie on the drive home, when i got home i ate the carne asada burrito and it tasted like plain steak. This happen to anyone else?
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I don’t seem to remember pineapple destroying my tastebuds when I was younger. But the last few years, when ever i eat pineapple, my tastebuds are ruined for a few hours. I just had some cut up pineapple from Trader Joes and it was delicious while eating it. Afterwards though I get that aftertaste. I was still kind of hungry and had a scoop if PB and the PB tasted like nothing, just kind of oily and the aftertaste of the pineapple. Even when its in a smoothie, I got a mango smoothie a few weeks ago that had pineapple in it and a carne asada burrito, i drank the smoothie on the drive home, when i got home i ate the carne asada burrito and it tasted like plain steak. This happen to anyone else?
    Honestly never heard of that... maybe have to brush your teeth or something
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's something in the pineapple that literally messes with the taste buds on your tongue. If it bothers you, you can rub an entire unskinned pineapple with salt before cutting, or you can just salt pieces individually. Sounds funny but it works - doesn't effect me much so I don't do it.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Honestly never heard of that... maybe have to brush your teeth or something
    Actually, it looks that may be the opposite. I have been brushing my tongue whenever I brush my teeth the last few years. Something I never did as a kid. So looks like the bromelain is literally eating my tongue instead of the fuzz that grows on your tongue . This also talks about the salt thing. I have also noticed that canned pineapple doesn’t do it.

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/pin...gue-burn-trick

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Loss of taste = you are dying of covid sorry m8

Weird about the brushing your tongue though. Pineapple just gives me canker sores and upset stomach. All citrus/very acidic fruit does this though
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Loss of taste = you are dying of covid sorry m8

Weird about the brushing your tongue though. Pineapple just gives me canker sores and upset stomach. All citrus/very acidic fruit does this though
    The weird thing about orange juice is if I drink it in the morning it gives me a stomach ache, but not for lunch or afterwards. So mimosas for late brunch only /shrug

I don’t really feel the acidity of pineapple though, its really just this pins and needle feeling like its eating my tongue. Guess i need to stop brushing it lol.

Registered User SmashinYoungVag's Avatar
    SmashinYoungVag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SmashinYoungVag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SmashinYoungVag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SmashinYoungVag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SmashinYoungVag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SmashinYoungVag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SmashinYoungVag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SmashinYoungVag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SmashinYoungVag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SmashinYoungVag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SmashinYoungVag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bromelain

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The weird thing about orange juice is if I drink it in the morning it gives me a stomach ache, but not for lunch or afterwards. So mimosas for late brunch only /shrug

I don’t really feel the acidity of pineapple though, its really just this pins and needle feeling like its eating my tongue. Guess i need to stop brushing it lol.
    All fruit juice I basically have a lactose intolerance reaction too my body doesn’t like acid. One of my friends suggested it might be alkaline levels? Idk and ya that might be a good idea.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    All fruit juice I basically have a lactose intolerance reaction too my body doesn’t like acid. One of my friends suggested it might be alkaline levels? Idk and ya that might be a good idea.
    Idk, our bodies do some weird chemical reactions.
    Heres another weird one:

I can drink coffee all day long, no problem.

I can have pizza or spaghetti and marinara sauce by itself no problem.

BUT, if i have coffee and marinara sauce at the same time its like a nuclear bomb went off inside my stomach. Its like a volcano of acid lava.

And if I have marinara sauce with something really greasy, like 80/20 ground beef, i have horrible red grease burps for hours.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SmashinYoungVag View Post
    Bromelain
    I was thinking this as well.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Idk, our bodies do some weird chemical reactions.
    Heres another weird one:

I can drink coffee all day long, no problem.

I can have pizza or spaghetti and marinara sauce by itself no problem.

BUT, if i have coffee and marinara sauce at the same time its like a nuclear bomb went off inside my stomach. Its like a volcano of acid lava.

And if I have marinara sauce with something really greasy, like 80/20 ground beef, i have horrible red grease burps for hours.
    ya I have a few weird combos, like I can eat super spicy pho 0 issues, I can drink carbonated soda/water/energy drinks 0 issues, mix them together and it’s massive pain and gut issues.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SmashinYoungVag View Post
    Bromelain
    Correct!!!

It’s a powerful enzyme, it helps a lot with inflammation. Nothing to worry about.

One of the reasons it’s used as part of marinades for meats.
    Kid Covid

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, time to go have pineapple for the first time in years to see if this happens to me too.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"