Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Realclout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realclout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realclout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realclout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realclout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realclout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realclout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realclout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realclout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realclout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realclout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Removing load SRS.
    - Keep the misc great again

- Photography crew

- MAXXXING crew

- Das it mane SRS.

> Truth seeker

> Truth giver

> Patriot

* The great awakening crew.

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I’m not so sure that I’m losing mass, but I’ve stopped gaining, at least. But taking measurements would probably help... I haven’t lost any weight though, at least I’m still within the same 3 lbs of day to day fluctuation that I’ve been in.

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Also is it really even worth doing 2 sets of everything when I could just drop one or two lifts altogether? What are the advantages, just maintaining neural adaptions for those lifts?

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    Also is it really even worth doing 2 sets of everything when I could just drop one or two lifts altogether? What are the advantages, just maintaining neural adaptions for those lifts?
    Removing low/zero skill lifts won't matter for any neurological /skill component.

Only really happens with more complex lifts you have to stabslise and groove your self. Free weight squats, bench ect. Machines and isos you will pick back up the first try.

There ARE benefits to not taking out the lifts entirely tho, more variety is better for more complete hypertrophy. Different joint angles and muscle lengths can cause local hypertrophy to different sections. Distal vs middle of bellies ect.

Dropping a set from everything or dropping a full lift Won't make much difference in the long run if we are honest. The effects arent huge
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

Thanks to all for the tips. Going forward I’m looking at dropping 3 sets in the form of single leg leg press (unless there’s a good reason I absolutely need a unilateral movement because it really feels redundant that I’m already leg pressing, and I’d rather just leg press normally), 1 set off hacks (my knees like these the least), and 1 set off squats to introduce a variable set/rep scheme that’ll have me doing 3x12 on L1 and 4x6 on L2. Depending on the flow of things, I’m probably going to want to bring that hack squat set back eventually. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Xpiro; 04-12-2021 at 06:14 AM.

So 3 x 12 squats offers some much needed psychological relief, I think, after drilling in the same 4 x 5-8 for years. I’m looking forward to going in next time to hit 4 x 4-6 and alternating here on out, and I’d like to try to implement the same scheme for my other main 4 x 8 compounds. How have you all found similar rep scheme variation to help with bench and rows?

I’m looking at this article:

https://medium.com/superhuman-by-sci...e-6af520bbf933

Wherein lighter loads with higher reps are found to need more recovery time than other ranges, although that’s after training to failure and not RPE 8 or so like I’d be doing. Maybe a 9 from time to time.

Mentioned too is timing, and how higher rep work would be better off scheduled on a day with more time in between the next session on a given program. So for me, I hit legs on Monday and Friday, thus 3 x 10-12 squats on Monday is better in theory than the reverse (also because Monday = deadlifts). Upper body is Sunday and Pull is Wednesday, so Wednesday should be high rep row day, right? I’d prefer to keep heavy rows on pull day though since it’s my first movement of the day vs. upper body which places it second. Does is matter that much?
    Last edited by Xpiro; 04-14-2021 at 06:28 AM.