eijjen is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Protein supplementation for low energy/fatigue

Hi all,

I was hoping for some advice here if possible!

I am not a bodybuilder but have been struggling with low energy for quite some time and have heard good things about taking protein supplements to help with fatigue. In addition, I have been eating a fully plant-based diet for 2 years now and although I still definitely get a reasonable amount of protein from my diet - I am aware that there are a few forms that cannot be obtained from plants.

I've ordered a variety of tablets (listed below) which are all arriving today and my intention is not to start taking all of them straight away as I would like to see whether one in particular seems to make a difference. Additionally I'm not sure how my body would respond to adding them all in at once! Finally I don't know whether perhaps it is advisable not to take two of these at the same time or perhaps even strongly advisable to do so in some cases to get the best out of them?

So my questions for anyone who may have some experience or knowledge of this area are:-

- Which one would you recommend that I begin with - I was thinking Creatine?
    - What order would you then recommend adding the remaining ones into my schedule and at what interval, perhaps a week?
    - Would there be any negatives/positives to taking some of these together that I should avoid/seek?

As a supplementary question (ba dum tss) if anyone could suggest doses for each of these that would be great. I will read the labels of course but sometimes these are quite generic. If it helps I am a 38 year old male and perhaps just slightly overweight.

Thanks so much for any advice!

--------------------------------------------------------------

120 x Creatine Monohydrate 1000mg

120 x Taurine 1000mg

120 x L-Carnitine 1500mg
    <One serving (2 capsules) is 1440mg of L-Carnitine Tartrate (equivalent of 1000mg of L-Carnitine) which means every capsule contains 720mg of L-Carnitine Tartrate (500mg of L-Carnitine)>

60 x L-Citrulline 1000mg
    <Folate (as Quatrefolic® (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate Glucosamine Salt) 30mcg DFE§
    L-Citrulline (Free Form) 1000mg
    Gamma Tocopherol (from Natural Mixed Tocopherol Complex) 10mg>

120 x Branched Chain Amino Acids 1200mg - containing:-
    L-Leucine 600mg
    L-Isoleucine 300mg
    L-Valine 300mg
    ^^ Apparently I should take these ones with other sorts of protein...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you can cancel that order, I’d go ahead and do so.

You really need to address your diet - if you’re struggling for energy then you should look at what you’re eating before you start throwing pills at it (which won’t sort your issue out).

Head to the nutrition forum, post up your typical diet (be honest) and it should be critiqued and I’m sure someone will point out where you could improve.

Supplements aren’t the answer to this issue.
    Strong & Unstable