MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Rogue specialty bar questions

I’ve always noticed these ,but never paid much attention. I think the angle of the grip would be a nice change for benching to change things up a bit .
    https://www.roguecanada.ca/rogue-mg-2-multi-grip-bars

But my main question is for squatting . I find I sprain my hands as I squat , and it’s probably due too short arms creating an awkward grip, as I try to keep the bar below my neck to lower the centre of gravity.
    I’ve always wondered about these bars also , and if anyone has any input on them .
    I like the way they lower the centre of gravity with the drop .
    https://www.roguecanada.ca/sb-1-rogue-safety-squat-bar

Attached Images
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 04-07-2021 at 05:04 PM.
    Make Misc great again

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My top choices for the football / angled Swiss bar would be Watson's Ultimate Bar, Edge Fitness Slim Football Bar and Reps Direct Football Bar (discontinued I think) as they're slimmer than competing bars. BWTG makes a slimmer version also (8"), but BWTG's QC is poor and their customer service so abysmally bad that I no longer recommend anything they sell. American Barbell makes a nice one also if you're not overly concerned with the slim factor. If pressing is your primary purpose, I would go with a fixed sleeve or one with minimal spin.

For the SSB, EliteFTS still gets my vote. It's probably the most recommended SSB out there and I've been happy with mine. My main goal was alleviating shoulder pain and it's done that. There are some variations on the SSB that are popular also, like the Crepinsek (also discontinued??) and the Marrs Bar. Lastly, some have said that the Titan is surprisingly good if on a budget. The Rogue SSB is typically not recommended, but a handful here have said they've been happy with it.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the info, I’ll check them out.

Ok just checked the Watson bar . Big improvement having the smaller centre.
    Now just have to find it in Canada
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 04-04-2021 at 11:25 PM.
    Make Misc great again

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I have the Rogue MG3 bar. Love it.

Also would recommend the Elite FTS SSB, I have that one as well.

Note for both those bars they do not have traditional 2" sleeves so you will need Axle bar collars for them. I have the Rogue HG Axle Collars.
    Can’t believe they changed the diameter of the bar . I wonder why, and I’d say that’s a deal breaker

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    My top choices for the football / angled Swiss bar would be Watson's Ultimate Bar
    Well this looks like the best option so far , unfortunately getting it to Canada is another thing.
    And I certainly like it over Rogue’s design
    Make Misc great again

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My York spinlock and speed collars both work well with my Yoke bar. I had the Rogue SSB and do not miss it at all since getting a Yoke bar.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the Rogue SSB. It works. But it’s nothing to rave about, and the padding seems to wear a bit thin somehow - I can’t quite explain it, but my shoulder feels more exposed to the hard metal than it should, sometimes painfully.

If I did it again, I’d go with the EliteFTS (or maybe Kabuki’s transformer, but I don’t know that I’d “transform” it enough to be worthwhile).

Incidentally, I also have the EliteFTS cambered press bar - it’s a semi-unique twist on the Swiss bar, and can be used for either a decreased ROM (e.g. board press) or an increased ROM. Works pretty well for me.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Most specialty bars just use tube steel (I think 1 7/8") and not machined sleeves. Very common.
    This is the case and it's because they use schedule 40 pipe. Specialty bars produced overseas oftentimes fit standard barbell collars because they use metric pipe, which is very hard to find and expensive in the US. I have a Fringe Sport axle bar that uses standard collars and is produced in China.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Thanks for the info, I’ll check them out.

Ok just checked the Watson bar . Big improvement having the smaller centre.
    Now just have to find it in Canada
    I believe Watson ships internationally.

https://watsongym.co.uk/product/ultimate-bar/

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Yes Watson ship internationally, as I live in the UK the Ultimate bar was a no brainer for me, it's a beast of a bar, Watson's welding and finish are excellent, the angle of the handles feels right and the narrow centre section is really useful when overhead pressing, you can also achieve more ROM when performing skull crushers and bicep curls, but to a lesser degree.

I also agree wit Duplicitous's comment in an earlier post, I have the rotating sleeves, I don't think they're necessary, in fact I believe they are a disadvantage when pressing the bar, particularly at higher weights.

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Yes Watson ship internationally, as I live in the UK the Ultimate bar was a no brainer for me, it's a beast of a bar, Watson's welding and finish are excellent, the angle of the handles feels right and the narrow centre section is really useful when overhead pressing, you can also achieve more ROM when performing skull crushers and bicep curls, but to a lesser degree.

I also agree wit Duplicitous's comment in an earlier post, I have the rotating sleeves, I don't think they're necessary, in fact I believe they are a disadvantage when pressing the bar, particularly at higher weights.
    In my mind I want the rotating sleeves ,as I believe it may be easier on your wrists .
    I emailed them to see how to get the process started . Looks like a pita to be honest , but I’ll try .
    They’ve also got some weird phone number . We don’t even use that many digits here .

Wtf does that even mean lol
    Attached Images
    Make Misc great again

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    I tend to agree based on my experience with an American Barbell T-Grip Bar with rotating sleeves. I didn't compare it to one without rotating sleeves, but I found it a bit unstable for pressing and didn't enjoy it very much.

I'm not sure that rotating sleeves would benefit your wrists. Maybe strengthen them a bit because you're battling the instability, but I don't see how it would be easier on them.

I emailed them and am getting a quote for the Watson ultimate bar . I have a feeling we’re going to excess $1,000 for a bar though, well with shipping , brokerage and all
    Make Misc great again

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just bought both of those Rogue bars you pictured. My multi-press came in yesterday too late to use for my chest day. I'll use it on Friday for close grip benches. I don't do flat barbell benches because I don't feel them in my chest and all I ever get are sore shoulders, I'm hoping the multi-press will change that.
    My SSB was showing on the truck yesterday for delivery but never arrived. Hoping to get it today, but already did legs this morning. I'll give it a try next Tuesday. The only SSB style bar I've ever used was the original Hatfield style where you didn't have to hold on to anything, it fit more like a shoulder pad and you could hold on to handles that mounted to the rack. I haven't used one of those for over 25 years so I'll really have nothing to compare the Rogue to. The only thing I hate doing more than barbell back squats are barbell front squats. But usually when I squat I have my heels elevated and I high-bar squat. I'm hoping the SSB will mimic that feeling and be more like a front squat.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In my mind I want the rotating sleeves ,as I believe it may be easier on your wrists .
    I emailed them to see how to get the process started . Looks like a pita to be honest , but I’ll try .
    They’ve also got some weird phone number . We don’t even use that many digits here .

Wtf does that even mean lol
    The 7+ billion people who live outside the US all know. ;P

You’ve just never dialed an international number before. The 44 is the country code, the 0 is only necessary if you’re calling from local (so you wouldn’t use it).

You actually have the same prefix in the US, you just don’t recognize it. In the US, “1” is your country code, so every time you dial long-distance, you’re starting with the country code.

Been a long time since I lived there, and in most countries you would dial 00 to start an international call, but I think in the US you start with 011 or something. So basically: 011441373455550.

Those of us who live in countries of less than 350m people get to practice that skill rather more often.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

Well this may be a bit too much to swallow . It’s not their fault obviously,but with our exchange rate etc, this is really going to be one expensive bar .
    $350 + $175 shipping . You convert that to Canadian dollars , and your already over $900 .
    Tack on tax and the other few surprises like brokerage etc, and this will probably be $1200 to $1400 .
    I’d love to own the Ultimate bar, but not with a price exceeding a grand
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 04-07-2021 at 05:05 PM.
    Make Misc great again

Well this may be a bit too much to swallow . It’s not their fault obviously,but with our exchange rate etc, this is really going to be one expensive bar .
    $350 + $175 shipping . You convert that to Canadian dollars , and your already over $900 .
    Tack on tax and the other few surprises like brokerage etc, and this will probably be $1200 to $1400 .
    I’d love to own the Ultimate bar, but not with a price exceeding a grand
    Sweet jesus. The Reps Direct football bar has mysteriously reappeared. https://www.elitefts.com/football-bar.html

Sweet jesus. The Reps Direct football bar has mysteriously reappeared. https://www.elitefts.com/football-bar.html
    Hey that looks good . Uses normal collars , weights 45 pounds . I like it and don’t see where it wouldn’t work as well as the Watson ultimate bar
    Make Misc great again

The only disadvantage I can see is the width at which you can grab it . The ultimate bar has wider rungs , and go further out .
    I’m hoping this Football bar is going to feel wide enough

Watson ultimate bar

Football bar
    Attached Images
    Make Misc great again

The only disadvantage I can see is the width at which you can grab it . The ultimate bar has wider rungs , and go further out .
    I’m hoping this Football bar is going to feel wide enough
    Watson: 16.93", 25.98", 34.65"
    Reps: 15.5", 20", 25"

Personally, I would never use the outermost grips on the Watson, but if that outermost position is important the Reps falls way short.

For further comparison, the Edge Slim:

Edge: 7.5", 15.5", 23.5"

Watson: 16.93", 25.98", 34.65"
    Reps: 15.5", 20", 25"

Personally, I would never use the outermost grips on the Watson, but if that outermost position is important the Reps falls way short.

For further comparison, the Edge Slim:

Edge: 7.5", 15.5", 23.5"
    Great info and thanks!

Another issue was some guys found the rungs were too close with the football,and they had issues apparently.
    I think I’m going to just suck it up and buy the Ultimate bar
    Make Misc great again

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great info and thanks!

Another issue was some guys found the rungs were too close with the football,and they had issues apparently.
    I think I’m going to just suck it up and buy the Ultimate bar
    Any one of those options would be a great addition, I own the Reps Direct/Elitefts FBB and don't have any issues with the grip space in between on it...although then again I have long fingers so grip isn't an issue and I don't have meaty hands (no offense to those that do) so mileage may vary.

As far as uses, benching, bent over rows (emphasis on rows with it, they feel excellent and comfortable with the FBB) and OHPs are good for variety with it too...to a lesser degree front squats can be done with it as well and then there's biceps and triceps work which is icing on the cake as far as it's variety of uses.

One more is setting it up high in the rack and getting multiple diagonal grip pullups (if that movement is in your repertoire).

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Adding camber to a football bar allows the bar to rest in your hands and balance easier.

*edit* think about how raised handles on a trap bar balances the bar easier; the camber on the football bar is analogous to that in terms of balance *edit*

The Kabuki Kadillac Bar is an example of this.

It also comes with angled grips.

The only downside is that there is no gap in the center, so it limits versatility a bit, but it performs it's main function better than flat football bars due to the added camber.

As far as SSB's go, the Marr's bar is always interesting because of the ability to do low bar back squats, or flip it into comfortable front squats.

I imagine it would make hands free single leg split squats easier, as well as hands free calf raises.

Cheers!
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Adding camber to a football bar allows the bar to rest in your hands and balance easier.

*edit* think about how raised handles on a trap bar balances the bar easier; the camber on the football bar is analogous to that in terms of balance *edit*

The Kabuki Kadillac Bar is an example of this.

It also comes with angled grips.

The only downside is that there is no gap in the center, so it limits versatility a bit, but it performs it's main function better than flat football bars due to the added camber.

As far as SSB's go, the Marr's bar is always interesting because of the ability to do low bar back squats, or flip it into comfortable front squats.

I imagine it would make hands free single leg split squats easier, as well as hands free calf raises.

Cheers!
    In the category of cambered FBBs there's also the Elitefts American Cambered Bar which appears to have an extra grip position. The only negative is it's 38 lbs and requires special collars/powdercoated sleeves which is subjective on the latter statement because some don't really see that as much of a con on a specialty bar.

The only other con is perhaps less versatility than the standard FBB, although the trade off is better balance and deeper ROM which are awesome and I'm sure it can be used for bent over rows which I think the FBBs shine on aside from bench.

Here's the link and the angled grip version appears to be in stock now...

https://www.elitefts.com/cambered-swiss-bar.html

Relevant to SSBs I have a question about them...while I know they absolutely suck to move in and out of the rack, I have 36" of space between uprights inside my rack in which I do everything from: squat, bench, barbell row, deadlift, pullups, hack squats, etc...that said, to the ones who do all these movements inside their rack, do you find the handles to interfere with your back when doing floor lifts when you keep it racked where you would squat?

I've been going back and forth about considering an SSB, maybe even perhaps the Trasformer Bar although the shipping is totally mental on it now ranging up north of $900 to ship to New England and the brutal wait time for it...still seems like a rad bar in the versatility department and could maybe do away with squatting with my power bar in favor of this for my lifting purposes.

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Relevant to SSBs I have a question about them...while I know they absolutely suck to move in and out of the rack, I have 36" of space between uprights inside my rack in which I do everything from: squat, bench, barbell row, deadlift, pullups, hack squats, etc...that said, to the ones who do all these movements inside their rack, do you find the handles to interfere with your back when doing floor lifts when you keep it racked where you would squat?

I've been going back and forth about considering an SSB, maybe even perhaps the Trasformer Bar although the shipping is totally mental on it now ranging up north of $900 to ship to New England and the brutal wait time for it...still seems like a rad bar in the versatility department and could maybe do away with squatting with my power bar in favor of this for my lifting purposes.
    FWIW, the handles on EliteFTS' SSB are removable. You could also just rack it up a little higher. I added spotter arms to the outside of my rack so I could stop wrestling with the damn thing.

FWIW, the handles on EliteFTS' SSB are removable. You could also just rack it up a little higher. I added spotter arms to the outside of my rack so I could stop wrestling with the damn thing.
    I too installed spotter arms so I could keep my SSB in my rack but I had the Edge bar with long handles. My rack also had 36" of space.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I too installed spotter arms so I could keep my SSB in my rack but I had the Edge bar with long handles. My rack also had 36" of space.
    I have this bar, in a 24" rack. When not using it, I store it up at the top of the uprights on the inside with band pegs (because it's so much trouble to move in & out), & secure the handles to the pull-up bar with a giant twist-tie thing I got at Home Depot. Works great.

Originally Posted by sera310 View Post
    I have this bar, in a 24" rack. When not using it, I store it up at the top of the uprights on the inside with band pegs (because it's so much trouble to move in & out), & secure the handles to the pull-up bar with a giant twist-tie thing I got at Home Depot. Works great.
    I ended up doing something very similar to get the handles out of the way by attaching them to an EZ curl bar I wasn't using. Worked fine, but I like spotter arms so I didn't regret that purchase either.

Duplicitous, radrd and sera,

Thanks for the info, I think this one will be a potentially difficult purchase because I don't have a whole lot of extra space to play with in the garage/rack area...even at the top, I got a front porch attachment and a double K-brace which includes the pull up bar below it.