BillyMombo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BillyMombo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BillyMombo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BillyMombo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BillyMombo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BillyMombo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BillyMombo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

OMAD & multiple supplements.

Hi, could be a dumb question, but here it goes.

I've been doing one meal a deal, (OMAD) for a few months now. It's super easy for me and has been working very well for weight loss.

My question is; it seems like over kill to take multivitamin and joint care supplements all at once. Both pills say take with your first meal. Also the multivitamin is a two pill one.

Am I able to absorb all that stuff from one meal? Or would it be better to switch it up to two meals a day. Or something else?

I'm looking for just overall health, not looking to bulk up or cut all that much more.

I'm getting older with sore joints so I want this joint supplement ,(allmax all flex),to do its very best. Not sure that sup is any good. That was just the best seller at my local shop.

Side note, any info you can give me on joint health and repair is very welcome.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a dumb question, been out the game for about 10, lots of self doubts. Just want to feel better.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Intraday timing of vitamins doesn't matter much AFAIK

Protein however, is more of an issue. If you want to eat like that, I would suggest having a protein shake and perhaps 2 other points in the day - widely spaced.

delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Larger meals take longer to digest & nutrients will trickle in so I reckon all in one meal + supps should be ok unless you're an advanced athlete trying to optimize some specific aspect.
    General advice has typical practice in mind, so it may not apply to you.

ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

Protein however, is more of an issue. If you want to eat like that, I would suggest having a protein shake and perhaps 2 other points in the day - widely spaced.
    then it's no longer OMAD

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ApeMode666 View Post
    then it's no longer OMAD
    Who cares?

Do you care about gaining muscle? One meal a day is very suboptimal.

ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeMode666 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Who cares?

Do you care about gaining muscle? One meal a day is very suboptimal.
    the OP, "It's super easy for me and has been working very well for weight loss".

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    the OP, "It's super easy for me and has been working very well for weight loss".
    Adding a protein shake at a different point could still be just as easy - but without the terrible nutrient timing. I've done similar in the past. Protein shakes don't trigger appetite like other foods can. YMMV of course.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah who would want to build muscle at the same time. Probably no one

EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    With full acknowledgement that it's less than optimal, in my own personal experience it's a more sustainable way to restrict calories.
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 335
    Deadlift: 475

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    With full acknowledgement that it's less than optimal, in my own personal experience it's a more sustainable way to restrict calories.
    It's true. I'm doing the 5/2 diet - there are 2 days week when I *only* drink protein shakes and I don't even feel hungry (feels weird and cold but not hungry exactly).

It's true. I'm doing the 5/2 diet - there are 2 days week when I *only* drink protein shakes and I don't even feel hungry (feels weird and cold but not hungry exactly).
    Interesting. Should be some fast weight loss. How fast is it? How many protein shakes per day?

Interesting. Should be some fast weight loss. How fast is it? How many protein shakes per day?
    5 days at maintenance (2700)

2 days with 2 x 2 scoop shakes (morning and evening)
    - that's nearly 100g protein
    - plus some tea and coffee
    - total 550 calories

Graph attached: 5_2_diet.PNG

So the average deficit works out at about 550 cals per day (that is a post hoc calculation from the line of best fit).
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 04-12-2021 at 12:11 AM.

5 days at maintenance (2700)

2 days with 2 x 2 scoop shakes (morning and evening)
    - that's nearly 100g protein
    - plus some tea and coffee
    - total 550 calories

Graph attached: Attachment 9326853

So the average deficit works out at about 550 cals per day (that is a post hoc calculation from the line of best fit).
    Thanks. Interesting. I though you meant 5 days shakes, that's why I thought fast weight loss.

Normally the term 5/2 diet is used for 5 days deficit 2 days maintenance.

Any strength loss? How is your sleep on 550 kcal?

Thanks. Interesting. I though you meant 5 days shakes, that's why I thought fast weight loss.

Normally the term 5/2 diet is used for 5 days deficit 2 days maintenance.

Any strength loss? How is your sleep on 550 kcal?
    I carried on my same BB oriented routine for the first month (but reduced from 6 to 5 days a week) - still made some progress in sets/reps etc.
    After that I started feeling too tired but this is probably part of a normal overreaching cycle (maybe it came a little sooner than normal, I'm not tracking it precisely).
    So now I'm on a simple strength oriented routine with new variants of my lifts which are progressing fine.

Sleep is fine - I just feel tired and cold on fasting days and sleep quite well. If I ever have a bad night it's usually from eating something crappy like too much chocolate over Easter.

The good thing is that non fasting days don't really feel like dieting - but I could always eat more if I wanted to cut loose - but that's business as usual for me...

Very interesting. I'll try something similar on my next cut. I'll probably go with 3 shakes with ~35 gram protein.

rml27v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rml27v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rml27v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rml27v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rml27v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rml27v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rml27v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rml27v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rml27v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rml27v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rml27v has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I'm not sure that is true. I think I have seen somewhere that you can only absorb 750 mg of calcium and mg combined in one meal.
    Also I think there are interactions like that between other nutrients (zinc and copper if I remember correctly). I wouldn't say it's a big issue but I would not eat long-term OMAD for sure. (If this is true that I wrote, I have not looked into it, just heard other people talk about this.)

Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I can confirm this. It's a horrible example, but years ago when I was (not at all properly) trying to recover from anorexia, I'd have days of fasting where I had nothing but a protein shake in water as a substitute for some of my meals on "fasting" days. The shakes completely blunted my appetite and didn't make me feel any hungrier. If I were to ever eat anything else, I'd essentially binge because I was quite literally starving.

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    I can confirm this. It's a horrible example, but years ago when I was (not at all properly) trying to recover from anorexia, I'd have days of fasting where I had nothing but a protein shake in water as a substitute for some of my meals on "fasting" days. The shakes completely blunted my appetite and didn't make me feel any hungrier. If I were to ever eat anything else, I'd essentially binge because I was quite literally starving.
    I can imagine. There is something very potent about some foods. Easter involved me asking for very little chocolate... and the stuff I had was gone in about 2 sittings... if that had carried on, the diet would have been in the bin before long.

BTW, the whole concept was based on a recent interview with Lyle where he was talking about refeeds - I can't seem to find the link but essentially he was saying that you need at least 2-3 days at maintenance for it to have any effect. And I think there is something to it since my results have been completely linear without needing to adjust calories at any point. I'm doing the same now as I was right at the start.

EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Was there an adaptation phase in the beginning or did you adapt to this way of eating immediately?

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    Was there an adaptation phase in the beginning or did you adapt to this way of eating immediately?
    Not for me - but for someone that hasn't dieted in earnest before (i.e. not keto adapted) I can imagine it would be hard the first couple of times you fast.

EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not for me - but for someone that hasn't dieted in earnest before (i.e. not keto adapted) I can imagine it would be hard the first couple of times you fast.
    I think I'll give this a try, dieting has become much harder recently, maybe because I have hit a bodyweight I haven't been at since I was 18 (that's 12 years ago). Could definitely notice a big increase in hunger levels when I passed that point.

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    I think I'll give this a try, dieting has become much harder recently, maybe because I have hit a bodyweight I haven't been at since I was 18 (that's 12 years ago). Could definitely notice a big increase in hunger levels when I passed that point.
    I notice this too. If it's fat that's been put on recently, it seems easy to lose. But 'old' fat seems more stubborn...

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This thread is interesting to me mostly because of the hunger not being triggered by protein shakes. I have been feeling crazy eating nothing but jerky at night but I swear when I keep it to mostly meat at night the binging just doesn't happen. Its weird because I KNOW if I ate something as simple as pack of peanut butter crackers or a higher carb/sugar protein bar there is a good chance it would send me off to the races. Is this an insulin thing a sugar thing or what?