nacholsu is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dieticians: Does it make sense to earn a Management degree? Also looking to coach!

Hello,

I'm thinking of double majoring in Nutrition & Food Sciences and Business Management. I would love to become a dietician in the hospital setting and work in the fitness industry on the side.

My introduction to management professor really sees something special in me, I must listen to him and give it a chance! I'm very close to finishing that degree too. What possibilities are there working in the hospital setting if I'm a dietician with a degree in Management?

I think I'd want something similar to what Layne Norton is doing with offering coaching services, but I'm still not very sure.

I understand that I will need to establish a brand for my business. I'm going to go without any niche and its open for anyone (newbie, serious lifters, amateur, and professional athletes) Whats the best Personal Training certification? Any other training creditionals that I should obtain?

Thanks!

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You need to realize being a dietitian in a hospital is 100% different than being a nutrition guru in the fitness world like Layne Norton. There is not going to be any overlap at all. If you want the hospital job as a stable source of income and then do other stuff on the side that is fine but hospital nutrition medicine is a completely different skill set. You'll be working with patients with various medical conditions, coming up with tube feeding regimens, coming up with total parenteral nutrition regimens, etc.

You can work in a hospital setting as a RD without a degree in management. With a degree in management perhaps you'll have more opportunities to work your way up to a management position of some sort, I'm not sure.

Most personal training certifications are not worth much. Precision Nutrition is theoretically very good but I haven't done it. I did get the NASM certified personal trainer certification as well as the certified nutrition coach. The personal trainer one was useless (but good to have if you need a certificate) while the nutrition one was actually pretty good.

I'm just guessing based on your post that you do not comprehend how completely different nutrition in a hospital will be from the fitness world. Just make sure you realize that before you commit to both as there will be minimal overlap between the two.
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    You need to realize being a dietitian in a hospital is 100% different than being a nutrition guru in the fitness world like Layne Norton. There is not going to be any overlap at all. If you want the hospital job as a stable source of income and then do other stuff on the side that is fine but hospital nutrition medicine is a completely different skill set. You'll be working with patients with various medical conditions, coming up with tube feeding regimens, coming up with total parenteral nutrition regimens, etc.

You can work in a hospital setting as a RD without a degree in management. With a degree in management perhaps you'll have more opportunities to work your way up to a management position of some sort, I'm not sure.

Most personal training certifications are not worth much. Precision Nutrition is theoretically very good but I haven't done it. I did get the NASM certified personal trainer certification as well as the certified nutrition coach. The personal trainer one was useless (but good to have if you need a certificate) while the nutrition one was actually pretty good.

I'm just guessing based on your post that you do not comprehend how completely different nutrition in a hospital will be from the fitness world. Just make sure you realize that before you commit to both as there will be minimal overlap between the two.
    My daughter is about to start a degree in dietetics (she is finishing a Chemistry degree this year) so she will be doing this kind of role in a Hospital.