userZRC1NLO4BZS is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is this something you would find useful?

I have a provisional patent on a design and I was hoping to test the market to see if there would be some demand. The concept is a container that stores your pre, during and post-workout supplements and vitamins all-in-one. The cap would easily rotate to allow you to pick and pour the desired supplement. The capacity would allow you to carry larger amounts for folks on the go. This would allow you to carry your desired supplements to work, school, etc. and not have to carry multiple containers. The lid can be flipped upside down to act as a funnel to fill the compartments and would also allow the selected supplement to be poured directly into your shaker cup or water bottle. I would love some feedback.

Thank You!
    Justin
    Attached Images

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's cool design but shaker cups are pretty dispensable since they tend to smell after a while
    My secret? Texting between sets.

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Very cool design, but is it significantly different from other designs already out there? I know I've seen shaker cups that have compartments for various powders and the like. I think there's absolutely a demand for things like that, but the fitness industry is also pretty saturated with stuff that makes you say "cool" and grab it off the shelf
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

Originally Posted by bLinkMoore View Post
    Very cool design, but is it significantly different from other designs already out there? I know I've seen shaker cups that have compartments for various powders and the like. I think there's absolutely a demand for things like that, but the fitness industry is also pretty saturated with stuff that makes you say "cool" and grab it off the shelf
    Thanks for the feedback. I agree, there are similar products available. I designed this to scratch my own itch. The other products require more pieces to keep track of and typically lack the desired holding capacity without adding more cups to the stack.

Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    It's cool design but shaker cups are pretty dispensable since they tend to smell after a while
    I appreciate the feedback. They definitely get ripe quickly. This cup isn't designed to be mixed inside, the idea is to have your various supplements separated and ready to be poured into a shaker cup or water bottle.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by userZRC1NLO4BZS View Post
    I appreciate the feedback. They definitely get ripe quickly. This cup isn't designed to be mixed inside, the idea is to have your various supplements separated and ready to be poured into a shaker cup or water bottle.
    So it's a shaker cup that is not meant to be used as a shaker cup? Also, while the dividers would mean you could add different powders, getting them back out individually would be hard. If I have protein in one spot and preworkout in another, I would not be able to just dump the preworkout into a cup, the protein would go in too.

Pretty much ziplock bags would be a better solution, or small tupperware, both of which people already have in abundance.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    So it's a shaker cup that is not meant to be used as a shaker cup? Also, while the dividers would mean you could add different powders, getting them back out individually would be hard. If I have protein in one spot and preworkout in another, I would not be able to just dump the preworkout into a cup, the protein would go in too.

Pretty much ziplock bags would be a better solution, or small tupperware, both of which people already have in abundance.
    The dividers reach to the very top of the cup and sit flush with the domed shape of the cap, keeping them completely separate. The center of the cap is designed to twist and click into place at each compartment, allowing you to select your powder individually. Then you would just flip the cap and pour the supplement into your desired container.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by userZRC1NLO4BZS View Post
    The dividers reach to the very top of the cup and sit flush with the domed shape of the cap, keeping them completely separate. The center of the cap is designed to twist and click into place at each compartment, allowing you to select your powder individually. Then you would just flip the cap and pour the supplement into your desired container.
    Interesting concept, but I'd wonder how often you'd need multiple chambers with multiple doses that this would be a relevant need. I'd also be worried, if I'm understanding your concept correctly, that water/liquid would leak over into other compartments with dry powders in them.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic