Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Derek Chauvin's murder trial in the death of George Floyd

Watched a clip of a by standers testimony, it must have been chilling to watch this go down.. I know it's still very early but I am of the belief that Chauvin committed murder that day. If he is found guilty or not will be determined.

What do you think? Any thoughts?
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The heart of the argument for the defence should be the cause of death. That leads right into ******** and heart disease and reasonable doubt. If the prosecution gets sucked into refuting other causes of death, they're in trouble. If it turns into a debate about ******** overdose symptoms and Zaprudering the video looking at his lips, the prosecution is probably going to lose that battle.

If you're the prosecution, the heart of the case should be "believe your eyes". Chauvin sat on the guys neck for nine and a half minutes and he died. Everything else is noise. The obvious conclusion is the correct one.

If I'm the prosecution, I'm arguing that (if you believe Chauvin) than he's the luckiest guy in the world. He sat on a guy's neck for nine and a half minutes on video and while he was doing that the guy died of unrelated causes.
    To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think Floyd died primarily from a drug overdose, but Chauvin was criminally negligent in assessing his condition / summoning EMS. I mean you should be able to tell when someone loses consciousness, and at that point, the restraining tactics should have been replaced with emergency response / opening airway placing in recovery position. EMS probably should have been contacted at the first statements of "I can't breath" before any of the interaction took place. You'd think that would be a standard of care.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post

I don’t care how he died, seeing that cop just continue to not have a care in the world and the other cop (the oriental guy) look at a montionless human and not do a fukkng thing should be sent away forever. He couldn’t even tell the cop, hey that’s enough, he’s dead for fuk sake, sick.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Watched a clip of a by standers testimony, it must have been chilling to watch this go down.. I know it's still very early but I am of the belief that Chauvin committed murder that day. If he is found guilty or not will be determined.

That was plain murder regardless of what the cause of death was, he attributed to whatever his ailment was by keeping his knee on the poor guys neck for 8 fcking minutes. Can't see how he will not be charged for murder.
    On the list for Bannukah

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    The heart of the argument for the defence should be the cause of death. That leads right into ******** and heart disease and reasonable doubt. If the prosecution gets sucked into refuting other causes of death, they're in trouble. If it turns into a debate about ******** overdose symptoms and Zaprudering the video looking at his lips, the prosecution is probably going to lose that battle.

If you're the prosecution, the heart of the case should be "believe your eyes". Chauvin sat on the guys neck for nine and a half minutes and he died. Everything else is noise. The obvious conclusion is the correct one.

If I'm the prosecution, I'm arguing that (if you believe Chauvin) than he's the luckiest guy in the world. He sat on a guy's neck for nine and a half minutes on video and while he was doing that the guy died of unrelated causes.
    Excellent points

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I think Floyd died primarily from a drug overdose, but Chauvin was criminally negligent in assessing his condition / summoning EMS. I mean you should be able to tell when someone loses consciousness, and at that point, the restraining tactics should have been replaced with emergency response / opening airway placing in recovery position. EMS probably should have been contacted at the first statements of "I can't breath" before any of the interaction took place. You'd think that would be a standard of care.
    The clip I seen said that the ambulance had been called when they realized he was bleeding from the mouth, not sure as to what point he started saying "I can't breathe" in relation to the ambulance call.

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    I think it's a gamble to televise the trial...

if he's acquitted cites are gonna burn and the fact that it was front and center on TV every day probably ain't gonna help the situation any.
    Yeah, I am surprised it stayed so calm already.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    I don’t care how he died, seeing that cop just continue to not have a care in the world and the other cop (the oriental guy) look at a montionless human and not do a fukkng thing should be sent away forever. He couldn’t even tell the cop, hey that’s enough, he’s dead for fuk sake, sick.
    It was sick to see this

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    That was plain murder regardless of what the cause of death was, he attributed to whatever his ailment was by keeping his knee on the poor guys neck for 8 fcking minutes. Can't see how he will not be charged for murder.
    Yep, the man was handcuffed, what the hell could he do besides flop around like a chicken. The knee on his neck wasn't necessary.

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

They just had a 9 year old testify, is it not bad enough this child had to witness this? Let alone have to testify on what she saw. Brave little girl but she shouldn't have had to recount the incident she saw.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree with bae.

I lift therefore I am PlanoLifter's Avatar
    PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PlanoLifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    What got me was that after Floyd was being treated by EMS Chauvin strolled over to his cruiser as if nothing had happened. Arrogance, although not a crime, oozed out of the guy. He showed absolutely no concern for the well being of Floyd.
    747 Driver

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a principle called 'you take your victim as you find them', so it doesn't matter if the guy was on drugs or had a weak heart or he was dying of cancer. The cop caused Floyds' death.

The 9 year old said that the EMS asked Chauvin to get off Floyd and he didn't, the EMS had to remove Chauvin.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    I agree with bae.
    Thats why we make a good team
    On the list for Bannukah

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The 9 year old said that the EMS asked Chauvin to get off Floyd and he didn't, the EMS had to remove Chauvin.
    See that’s where I wonder about any history / animosity there. I had heard that Chauvin and Floyd worked security at the same night club or something (not sure if true). I think manslaughter would have been a better charge honestly, because for murder I believe you need to prove intent. I don’t think Chauvin thought I’m going to murder this guy in front of everybody with cameras on me. I think he was overzealous and possibly/likely one of those sadistic cops that will use more force than necessary just to be an azzhole, but unless I’m completely misunderstanding the charges, I think proving intent to kill would be a pretty difficult test to pass.

See that’s where I wonder about any history / animosity there. I had heard that Chauvin and Floyd worked security at the same night club or something (not sure if true). I think manslaughter would have been a better charge honestly, because for murder I believe you need to prove intent. I don’t think Chauvin thought I’m going to murder this guy in front of everybody with cameras on me. I think he was overzealous and possibly/likely one of those sadistic cops that will use more force than necessary just to be an azzhole, but unless I’m completely misunderstanding the charges, I think proving intent to kill would be a pretty difficult test to pass.
    Chauvin faces two murder charges: second-degree unintentional murder and third-degree murder. ... Chauvin is also charged with the lesser offence of second-degree manslaughter, which carries a maximum of 10 years behind bars if convicted.

Second-Degree Murder
    Second-degree murder (Minn. Stat. 609.19) may or may not require intent. These are the ways to commit second-degree murder in Minnesota:

Killing someone with intent but without planning the murder (i.e. no premeditation)
    Killing someone unintentionally while committing or trying to commit a drive-by shooting
    Killing someone unintentionally while using violence or force to commit a felony (other than first or second-degree criminal sexual conduct)
    Killing someone unintentionally while trying to injure that person, if there is an order for protection for that person and against the perpetrator
    A second-degree murder conviction can result in a forty-year prison sentence.

Third-Degree Murder
    A third-degree murder charge (Minn. Stat. 609.195) falls between second-degree murder and manslaughter. No intent to kill is required for any case of third-degree murder. The “depraved mind” language of this crime is regarded by some legal practitioners as old-fashioned to the point of being unhelpful to the criminal justice system, but for now it remains in the statute.
    Classic examples of this level of murder are driving a vehicle or firing a gun into a group of people. This murder charge can also result when a person is killed through any dangerous act showing indifference to the sanctity of human life. Another example of a third-degree murder is selling tainted Schedule I or II drugs to another that cause that person’s death.

If convicted of third-degree murder, you face a sentence of up to twenty-five years in prison. If death is the result of Schedule I or II drugs, there might be a fine of up to $40,000 attached in addition to a prison sentence.

Manslaughter
    Manslaughter is the category of homicide that’s regarded as less blameworthy than murder. As one would expect, the consequences are likewise less severe, though still relatively severe compared to the full spectrum of criminalized acts. In Minnesota, manslaughter is divided into two degrees.

Second-Degree Manslaughter
    Manslaughter in the second degree (Minn. Stat. § 609.205) can occur in several different ways:

Killing someone in an act while knowingly taking the chance of causing someone’s death or serious injury
    Killing a child through neglect (provided the situation doesn’t otherwise rise to the level of murder)
    Allowing a dangerous animal (such a dog that has previously made serious attacks on people) free reign to roam in public, resulting in someone’s death
    Killing someone by setting up a trap or snare
    Shooting and killing someone that you negligently think is an animal (while deer hunting, for example)
    The sentence for second-degree manslaughter is up to ten years of imprisonment, up to $20,000 in fines, or both. Culpable negligence is the most common mens rea standard applied to second-degree manslaughter.
    Last edited by mtpockets; 03-30-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Loads of people in that other thread think chauvin should walk. Their argument is that the drugs killed Floyd. Not sure how they can come to that conclusion at all. Was Floyd a chit person? Yes, but no one deserves to have their life taken like that.

My view is, even though Floyd was high, if he didn’t have a knee on his neck for 8+ minutes he wouldn’t have died.
    I love eggs.

Originally Posted by Redfish225 View Post
    Loads of people in that other thread think chauvin should walk. Their argument is that the drugs killed Floyd. Not sure how they can come to that conclusion at all. Was Floyd a chit person? Yes, but no one deserves to have their life taken like that.

My view is, even though Floyd was high, if he didn’t have a knee on his neck for 8+ minutes he wouldn’t have died.
    Yup, summed it up nicely. My view as well.

Originally Posted by Redfish225 View Post

I wonder if he didn’t eat a bunch of drugs when the police were first approaching to get rid of them? Wouldn’t be the first time someone overdosed from that. I think the toxicology will be used to show that the concentration of drugs would be likely fatal. Doesn’t change the situation any, as with urgent medical care many ODs can be counteracted.

Pockets -

From your post above I think 3rd degree could apply since it’s clear Chauvin showed indifference to Floyd’s life through the action of not getting off of him when it was obvious Floyd was unconscious (people were telling him on video).

I think it’s more likely manslaughter will stick though. They will go into Chauvin doing a tactic that was trained to be used. IMO maybe because he was a manlet, (140lbs or something?) he probably enjoyed using force on someone bigger when he could “get away with it”.

I wonder if he didn’t eat a bunch of drugs when the police were first approaching to get rid of them? Wouldn’t be the first time someone overdosed from that. I think the toxicology will be used to show that the concentration of drugs would be likely fatal. Doesn’t change the situation any, as with urgent medical care many ODs can be counteracted.
    one of the witnesses today was an off duty firefighter/ems that came on the scene before the ambulance arrived. She wanted to help and pleaded with the cops to let her, she even volunteered to talk them through helping Floyd, they weren't having anything to do with it. She could see he was unresponsive and really wanted to help. During the cross examination of her, the defense talked about NARCAN for a sec, but I wasn't really paying attention. Perhaps this is what he was setting up for later when the drugs come into play, I dunno.

The other witness was a mixed martial artist that was on scene and whose testimony was about the choke and him trying to get the officers to get off Floyd and check Floyds pulse.

They had minors testify as well.

From what I seen the prosecution done well and the defense seemed weak, but that's just my opinion. I am not a good one to ask about Chauvin's guilt of not. If I had my way, I'd just hand the fuker a piece of rope and tell him to pick out his tree.

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The fact that the vid shows the guy cinching up the choke by repositioning his feet several times is more than enough proof of intent to kill given the circumstances, at least in my eyes....

To me it looked like the only thing on his mind was maintaining maximum leverage at the point of his knee...

you could never in a million years convince me Chauvin didn't know what the outcome was going to be..

He simply doesn't deserve the benefit of the any doubt.
    and committed as a Law Enforcement officer. Fuking vile.

How does that get fixed?

"The True Measure of Any Society can be Found in How it Treats its Most Vulnerable Members." -Chaz.

one of the witnesses today was an off duty firefighter/ems that came on the scene before the ambulance arrived. She wanted to help and pleaded with the cops to let her, she even volunteered to talk them through helping Floyd, they weren't having anything to do with it. She could see he was unresponsive and really wanted to help. During the cross examination of her, the defense talked about NARCAN for a sec, but I wasn't really paying attention. Perhaps this is what he was setting up for later when the drugs come into play, I dunno.

The other witness was a mixed martial artist that was on scene and whose testimony was about the choke and him trying to get the officers to get off Floyd and check Floyds pulse.

They had minors testify as well.

From what I seen the prosecution done well and the defense seemed weak, but that's just my opinion. I am not a good one to ask about Chauvin's guilt of not. If I had my way, I'd just hand the fuker a piece of rope and tell him to pick out his tree.
    I haven’t seen any of it other than the early vids which clearly looked like murder, I know narcan is nearly instant for heroin / ********. Likely would have saved him and I wouldn’t be surprised if they had it. Many police carry narcan now and are trained to use it.

The fact that the vid shows the guy cinching up the choke by repositioning his feet several times is more than enough proof of intent to kill given the circumstances, at least in my eyes....

To me it looked like the only thing on his mind was maintaining maximum leverage at the point of his knee...

you could never in a million years convince me Chauvin didn't know what the outcome was going to be..

He simply doesn't deserve the benefit of the any doubt.
    A blood choke is really quick, almost instant (seconds), when pressure is in the right spot. I got knocked out from a really quick triangle choke and I went from fine to sleep before I could tap. It’s crazy you just go out.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Senseless murder...
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It seems to me like Derrick had a few other options that day............ but was hell bent on 1.
    And yes, last year a news special revealed that they worked together at a nightclub and did NOT get along at all.
    So it seems to me like you recuse yourself, or call for backup.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    It seems to me like Derrick had a few other options that day but was hell bent on 1.
    And yes last year a news special revealed that they worked together at a nightclub and did NOT get along.
    Seems like you recuse yourself, or call for backup.
    Depending on what’s known there, that could determine intent / motive for a murder charge. That could be a game changer.

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I got knocked out from a really quick triangle choke and I went from fine to sleep before I could tap. It’s crazy you just go out.
    I went black from a rear naked administered by a 110 lb girl. This was during a block of instruction on the rear naked. I was the choke dummy and she was having trouble getting her hand behind my head. I wasn't resisting, this was a class. But I went out nonetheless, before she ever even got the choke properly set.

Its really easy to get choked out.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    I went black from a rear naked administered by a 110 lb girl. This was during a block of instruction on the rear naked. I was the choke dummy and she was having trouble getting her hand behind my head. I wasn't resisting, this was a class. But I went out nonetheless, before she ever even got the choke properly set.

Still; that had to be kinda embarrassing.

Yep when it comes to jujitsu, it doesn’t take any strength when the technique is applied correctly. Very gentle, but effective. Some of the joint locks are extremely painful with nearly no force applied.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

From what I saw yesterday I think the "******** theory" will go down in flames once the medical experts get talking about the particulars -- namely, the specific timing and order of symptoms observed on the body cameras and cell phone camera of the incident. According to the prosecution’s opening statement the medical experts are going to testify the timing of symptoms seen in Floyd throughout the cell phone video simply doesn't match an overdose death. A decent article by WaPo was published on March 10 this year that explores these issues with some depth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mzjq97rWCxqF5w

Seven experts in toxicology, cardiology and illegal drug use consulted by The Washington Post largely disagreed with that idea, most of them strenuously. All but one said the autopsy findings and other court documents, coupled with the well-known chain of events that evening, made death by a ******** overdose unlikely to impossible. (One expert, Craig Beavers, chair of the American College of Cardiology’s cardiovascular team section, said he did not have enough information about all the circumstances to form a final conclusion.)

“From my review of the video and the autopsy report, I see nothing that makes me think he died of an opioid overdose,” said Kavita Babu, chief opioid officer and chief of the Division of Medical Toxicology at UMass Memorial Health Care in Worcester, Mass. Instead, she and others said, the defense uses events out of order and medical findings out of context to deflect blame from Chauvin to Floyd."
    According to prosecutors these opinions are going to be endorsed by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner as well.
    To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

Yeah, been there. Took karate for many years and Taekwondo for several. I had been away from it for a few years and when the opportunity came up for some hand to hand combat training I jumped at it. I knew little about holds or chokes. This little fuker got his hands on me and out I went for the first time, I had no idea what had happened.

IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I agree with what everyone in this thread has said. At minimum gross criminal negligence and at most murder 2 if it could be proven Chauvin disliked Floyd because of their brief stint working together.

I can’t really grasp my head around a cop refusing to remove his knee from a motionless person for so long after being pleaded to by bystanders and EMS.