cralph1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cralph1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cralph1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cralph1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cralph1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cralph1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cralph1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cralph1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cralph1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cralph1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cralph1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The struggle-Weight loss and gain

About 8 years ago I started losing weight.

Over a 2 year period I lost 108lbs (starting weight 335)

I was misc'ing all day.

Then I had two kids, hated my job , stopped reading the misc, etc.. and got off track

I put 55lbs back on over the last 4 years.

Since January I have started working out consistently for the first time in over 4 years, it feels great.

BUT I let my diet get so bad in the last 4 years and am STRUGGLING to regain control of my eating habits.

If someone can offer motivation or strategies to help me get my **** together, It would be appreciated.

OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cralph1982 View Post

I was misc'ing all day.

Then I had two kids, hated my job , stopped reading the misc, etc.. and got off track

Since January I have started working out consistently for the first time in over 4 years, it feels great.

BUT I let my diet get so bad in the last 4 years and am STRUGGLING to regain control of my eating habits.

If someone can offer motivation or strategies to help me get my **** together, It would be appreciated.
    use a proven routine (fierce 5 seems to be the pick on this site) and eat fewer calories than you need to maintain your mass. think about the body you had, the one you have and the one you want. Take pictures and compare week to week... I started only needing to lose about 40lbs of fat (and really didn't need to lose weight, just fat) only a month ago. first time in my whole life actually consistently working out and I can already see a tremendous difference. I've only lost 10 lbs, but feel stronger and I can see my oblique muscles and the beginning of the top 2 abs. My arms and shoulders already look more defined just a few weeks-in.. I'm still weak as ****, but way stronger than a month ago.

Don't compare yourself to others, compare your past self to your current self and your ideal future self. and grind at it. put in the time every day. Put the energy into making the right meals and avoiding the **** you know you should avoid. The more I dig into this lifestyle the more I see it's way more mental than physical. You're your only motivator. My grandfather had a sign above his office many years ago that read "Yagottawanna" - that's it. that's the difference-maker in anything and everything you do. You've got to want to.

good luck.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To be straight it takes discipline and it's really all on you to be discipline.
    Having a friend/training partner with a like minded goal it can be a bit better as you can support each other on your journey.
    Really all the info is out there and there is no magic formula you just have to stick what will get you to your goal.
    One of the hardest things though is once you've reached your goal is maintaining where your at and this is where many fail and creep back up because they don't know where to go from there.
    You have to think in the long termed have a maintenance plan for yourself.
    It's certainly not easy but can be done if one is motivated enough to do so.

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Use your imagination. Close your eyes and feel a hard slap on the back of your head.

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Motivation doesn't last. You can watch a short 5-minute video and get motivated, and lose it 20 minutes later. Motivation is just a feeling. Feelings come and go. If you only make the right decisions that'll get you closer to your goals when you feel motivated, you won't get very far.

View eating well as an absolute necessity, like brushing your teeth, paying the bills, going to work.

Like some else said, discipline.

Build habits and creatine routines so you can cut down on decision making and stop relying on motivation.

Think about the kind of person you want to become, and work backwards.

The person you want to become is probably pretty muscular, looks good, feels good, healthy, eats well, sleeps well, lives an active and healthy life. Then ask yourself what that kind of person would do, then do the things that person would do.

Develop the habits that person would have until those behaviors and actions just become part of who you are and what you do.

Start small. Maybe you start by adding more vegetables to a meal and drinking more water.

Then you change your environment - keep the junk away, or in inconvenient, hard to access places, and surround yourself with healthier options.

Then eventually prepping food in bulk so you're prepared and have no excuse to eat poorly.

Then you reduce the number of not so healthy choices per week.

Keep adding one new positive behavior on top of another.

Any questions, feel free to shoot me a message!
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Google Reviews of GettFit Online Coaching: https://g.page/r/CeuQw8grjXrzEAE

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the ******** Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.********.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

Registered User Vanilla-Gorilla's Avatar
    Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I was misc'ing all day.

Did you change jobs? and hows the family? That helps in getting everything else to matter if you can get them all on the same page, for me I could not.

I was a sorry ass **** for years then I realized for me...it was my personal growth and development that was lacking to be honest because of my family...namely my soon to be ex.

For years I asked pleaded and came close to begging for her to change her work habits, or there lack of, sleeping habits as well as participate more with the family but it finally took me to the breaking point where I said 'well..one crumb cruncher is 21 and 6'3" and the other 18 and bounced to the NAVY...shes still a damn scorpion...so...I'm the **** outta here'.

Now at almost 50 my head is clear, more so then in the last 7 years. I'm at a company I like, I'll be venturing back out on my own in a bit privately, In the middle of selling the house, will give her (the viper) a 6-figure chunk of the prize and will go one enjoying my life...making the right choices.
    Pssst, Hey Buddy, your back is not that big, and your arms don't normally hang that way.