samrozay3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rotator cuff tendinitis - rest or keep it active?

It's really difficult to find a consensus on whether one should rest their rotator cuff when it's inflamed and especially for how long. I guess it's sensible to rest for at least 5 days until the inflammation has gone down, but for how long should one really keep rotator cuff activity to a minimum? And at what point is it a good time to incorporate light band work and start strengthening the tendons?

moletissue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moletissue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moletissue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moletissue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moletissue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moletissue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moletissue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moletissue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moletissue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moletissue is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moletissue is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't know exactly what's causing your inflammation but what has worked for me is ice and light rear delt work such as face pulls, reverse flies and external rotation (think pulling the shoulder backwards in good alignment). All very light, relative to your strength and nothing that keeps the inflammation active. After the inflammation has gone away, I'd suggest also focusing on your barbell overhead press, that has been the one thing that has really strengthened my shoulders the most. Also upside down kettle bell overhead press to get all those fibers firing to stabilize the weight overhead.