Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000)

Why aren't face pulls bad for the rotator cuffs?

I was told that doing bench press with elbows flared to 90 degrees is bad for the rotator cuffs. If that is true, why aren't face pulls even worse with the elbows so high?

Would chest pulls be safer? I wonder if those would even hit the rear deltoids as much. Also, a chest pull sure sounds like a row.

I wonder if palms down rowing with elbows at 75 degrees would be better for the rear deltoids. But I'm no anatomy expert.

Also, almost off topic, this article:
    https://www.ironmanmagazine.com/the-...erhead-presses
    argues that overhead presses are a bad exercise. The reasons seem legit.
    But I then saw this article which aims to rebut the first one:
    https://www.ironmanmagazine.com/in-d...verhead-press/
    I've not yet read it.
    The first one says there are plent of safe exercises to work triceps and upper chest, that front deltoids are used in bench press, and that side deltoids are hit with lateral raises. It says the overhead press is a shoulder injury waiting to happen if done year after year, same as flaring elbows on the bench press.
    Last edited by Darkius; Today at 12:48 PM.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why would they be bad?...
    Completely different biomechanical situation.
    Completely different movement

Benching high and wide isn't the big deal people seem to think anyway.

And please don't take biomechanics lessons from a muscle mag.. Please..
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

I don't always reply to threads. Cos I don't always remember I posted in the first place😅

Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000)
    https://athleanx.com/articles/should...ulls-like-this

This article says they are just what I need. I'll give it a go.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post

I really wouldn’t go off of what you read in a magazine, at least take it with a grain of salt.

Same thing for influencers.

Buuuuut extra rear delt/scapular retraction/cuff work is NEVER a bad thing.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You're almost better of going back to the magazine.

Do not get caught up in what athlean claims is good or bad.

That said, face pulls are a solid staple accessory for a much neglected muscle group.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    I really wouldn’t go off of what you read in a magazine, at least take it with a grain of salt.

Same thing for influencers.

Buuuuut extra rear delt/scapular retraction/cuff work is NEVER a bad thing.
    I think I'll definitely make face pulls one of my main exercises each session, though 2 sets since isolation. It is definitely one of my weaknesses, since I did so many pushups and bench press most my life.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think I'll definitely make face pulls one of my main exercises each session, though 2 sets since isolation. It is definitely one of my weaknesses, since I did so many pushups and bench press most my life.
    Sounds good.

One thing about Cavaliere I like is his “12 sets of 1, instead of 1 set of 12” approach to movement quality instead of just hitting a desired number of reps.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton