Reply
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 956
  1. #91
    Registered User jademonkey's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2019
    Posts: 1,305
    Rep Power: 2500
    jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000)
    jademonkey is offline
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Yeah, beer is my nemesis too lol. Would be cool if light beer was as good as a frosty IPA but it sadly must remain the caloric equivalent of drinking a hefty slice of cake. I was actually relatively cut (albeit much weaker) until I started drinking beer more than every month or so.

    I have a lot of respect for your strength at that degree of leanness. Seems to me that the majority gravitate towards being predominantly big and strong but quite fat or actually lean but nevertheless small and weak. In my own microcosm of the gym world, I don't often encounter people that aren't pretty well one or the other. Kind of funny that most (myself included) end up fixating on going farther towards the same extreme rather than addressing the particular flaw.

    I've probably low-balled my BF a little but as long as I stay below 25% it's not going to bother me that much. Would be very happy to sit at ~18% year round, though.
    I've never been into bodybuilding - always more into performance. But with a life of being obsessed with performance in various athletic endeavors comes the personal expectation of being lean all the time - not a goal so much as what I view as my natural state of being. So I personally can't tolerate much fat. I spent years in the gymnastics gym, so I still tend to view visible abs as the norm rather than the exception. Also, as a competitive personality, knowing at 5'-10" I'm never gonna be the absolute strongest of the bunch, I gotta go for the strength/weight ratio.
    April 2021.................16 week cut.................168 lbs
    2020......................375 / 285 / 505..............186 lbs
    Pre-COVID..............335 / 295 / 499..............185 lbs
    July 1, 2019................9 week cut.................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs
    Reply With Quote

  2. #92
    Time is Muscle ECGordyn's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2016
    Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
    Posts: 2,891
    Rep Power: 22192
    ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ECGordyn is offline
    5'7" crew. Above 85-86 kg I look disgusting, forget 90/200 lbs. At this point I'm thinking more long term health and sustainability, big bulks are probably over (maybe)

    2 years and 2 diets took my blood pressure down 2 levels to normal, so the health effects are real. But dam, bulking is fun.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

    Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323
    Reply With Quote

  3. #93
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    Deadlift
    3 x 5 at 365 (these are notably getting a little easier and moving a little faster between sets)

    OHP
    Two failed attempts at 185. I had gotten this somewhat recently but was not able to today. Instead...
    3 x 6 at 135

    Barbell Curl
    1 x 4 at 135

    A.S.
    Barbell Curl
    5 x 8 at 95
    Lateral Raise
    2 x 10 w/ 25s, 2 x 8 w/ 25s (forgot I was doing tens and accidentally replicated the curl number in the preceding set)
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  4. #94
    Unregistered User MyEgoProblem's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 6,951
    Rep Power: 58435
    MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MyEgoProblem is offline
    Soo Yesterday.

    Beltless Deads 200kg for a bunch of fast singles

    Mate does a bro split, and wanted to do more back..
    Landmine rows, meadows rows and i was bored as hell
    and thus skipped cable rows, Lat pulls, shrugs and biceps. So Went to bench instead.

    Pause Bench 120kg for a bunch of fast singles

    Now I'm back at work.. But doing waaay more than expected due to a new site startup. Won't be focusing on any goal until june. Will just be strength maintaining and burning a stupid amount of calories.
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 04-13-2021 at 08:06 AM.
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

    I don't always reply to threads. Cos I don't always remember I posted in the first place😅
    Reply With Quote

  5. #95
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    ^^ Gotcha, well I hope you're able to keep up with this somewhat. I guess Ironface decided not to, as well. Life does happen though.

    Quick lunch workout today. Got an event tonight that will take up the evening so just a quick bench maintenance session at lunch for me today:

    Flat Bench
    225 x 14 (without spot and RPE 10 on final rep)
    235 x 8
    245 x 6
    275 x 1
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  6. #96
    Registered User WolfRose7's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,113
    Rep Power: 52268
    WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WolfRose7 is offline
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    ^^ Gotcha, well I hope you're able to keep up with this somewhat. I guess Ironface decided not to, as well. Life does happen though.

    Quick lunch workout today. Got an event tonight that will take up the evening so just a quick bench maintenance session at lunch for me today:

    Flat Bench
    225 x 14 (without spot and RPE 10 on final rep)
    235 x 8
    245 x 6
    275 x 1
    solid work, if weird to me doing the volume work first

    My last 2 days of pivot fun

    D3
    Neutral Grip Press
    Close Angled Grip Chins
    Bulgarian split squats

    D4
    Neutral Grip Inverted Rows
    Neutral Grip Larsen Bench
    Ab wheel

    can you tell i got a new bar xD
    5 day full body crew

    FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee
    Reply With Quote

  7. #97
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    solid work, if weird to me doing the volume work first

    My last 2 days of pivot fun

    D3
    Neutral Grip Press
    Close Angled Grip Chins
    Bulgarian split squats

    D4
    Neutral Grip Inverted Rows
    Neutral Grip Larsen Bench
    Ab wheel

    can you tell i got a new bar xD
    Thanks - what's so odd about that though? Was feeling strong and wanted to see if I could beat my record of 15. In my mind it's just a question of what you want to emphasize for that day.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  8. #98
    Registered User WolfRose7's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,113
    Rep Power: 52268
    WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WolfRose7 is offline
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Thanks - what's so odd about that though? Was feeling strong and wanted to see if I could beat my record of 15. In my mind it's just a question of what you want to emphasize for that day.
    That's a fair point,

    Because peak strength dropping off means less load and less clean low reps, and because volume only the relative intensity matters really and not how many reps.

    When I'm doing both the higher intensity lower rep work always comes first and the volume is the work after.

    Not like I haven't done random stuff bwfoee jsut for fun though .

    Edit:

    Got my next development block rundown from Coach, you'll see as I upload vids but we going to have some spicy heavy fun
    Last edited by WolfRose7; 04-15-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    5 day full body crew

    FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee
    Reply With Quote

  9. #99
    Time is Muscle ECGordyn's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2016
    Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
    Posts: 2,891
    Rep Power: 22192
    ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ECGordyn is offline
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Edit:

    Got my next development block rundown from Coach, you'll see as I upload vids but we going to have some spicy heavy fun
    Looking forward to seeing it for sure.

    Assistance lifts this block:
    Constant tension squat
    3x8 @ 67%, 3x10 @ 67%, 3x8 @ 70%, 3x10 @ 70%

    Tempo bench
    3x6, 3x5, 3x4, 3x6 @ 8

    SLDL
    3x8, 3x7, 3x8, 3x7 @ 8


    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

    Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323
    Reply With Quote

  10. #100
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    Looking forward to it Wolf. And EC, how much difficulty did the tempo add to that? 200 seems kind of light for you @8.

    For our purposes here, I don't think this counts, but yesterday I did a high-volume, light weight lat and shoulder workout with a buddy. He has gotten more into bodybuilding and less into powerlifting. It was a nice variation for once in a blue moon.

    Did about 4-5 sets of 20-30 reps for single joint lat pulldowns, bent over rows, Yates rows, lateral raises, front raises, lat pulldowns, T-Bar rows, lying rear-delt flies and a couple machines, all at about 40% 1rm. Didn't feel very fatiguing but I am sore, so it must have been good for some stimulus.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  11. #101
    Time is Muscle ECGordyn's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2016
    Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
    Posts: 2,891
    Rep Power: 22192
    ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ECGordyn is offline
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Looking forward to it Wolf. And EC, how much difficulty did the tempo add to that? 200 seems kind of light for you @8.

    For our purposes here, I don't think this counts, but yesterday I did a high-volume, light weight lat and shoulder workout with a buddy. He has gotten more into bodybuilding and less into powerlifting. It was a nice variation for once in a blue moon.

    Did about 4-5 sets of 20-30 reps for single joint lat pulldowns, bent over rows, Yates rows, lateral raises, front raises, lat pulldowns, T-Bar rows, lying rear-delt flies and a couple machines, all at about 40% 1rm. Didn't feel very fatiguing but I am sore, so it must have been good for some stimulus.
    Couldn't give you an accurate comparison, I've barely touched anything above 70% in a couple months. Maybe twice as hard as comp. bench I guess? Tempos are a lot harder. This block I'm recording RPEs so maybe can provide some kind of accurate reference later.

    Volume and variety are my themes too in these development blocks. OHP'ed 20 reps of my wife's squat weight just to show off, then cleaned and pressed 15 reps of her RDL weight. It's fun to f*k around a bit, not be so serious all the time. Month of Sept. will be razor discipline for me as I peak.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

    Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323
    Reply With Quote

  12. #102
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Couldn't give you an accurate comparison, I've barely touched anything above 70% in a couple months. Maybe twice as hard as comp. bench I guess? Tempos are a lot harder. This block I'm recording RPEs so maybe can provide some kind of accurate reference later.

    Volume and variety are my themes too in these development blocks. OHP'ed 20 reps of my wife's squat weight just to show off, then cleaned and pressed 15 reps of her RDL weight. It's fun to f*k around a bit, not be so serious all the time. Month of Sept. will be razor discipline for me as I peak.
    Interesting. Yeah, whenever I've dabbled with speed work or paused reps, it's surprising how much more difficult they are. Somewhat recently I just did a 5x5 with 225 and it was honestly fairly challenging pausing a full second at the bottom of each rep and having to move the weight dead.

    In reference to the other thread, I'll start the Candito 6 week the first week of May. Are you going to focus on a particular lift for the next block?
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  13. #103
    Registered User WolfRose7's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,113
    Rep Power: 52268
    WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WolfRose7 is offline
    My comp bench is maybe 2% weaker than Tng at most.
    2ct is maybe 5% below comp though.
    530 is probably a solid 15-20% weaker.

    You want something challenging though, close grip hook lying bench. That **** is barely 40% of my normal bench
    5 day full body crew

    FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee
    Reply With Quote

  14. #104
    Time is Muscle ECGordyn's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2016
    Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
    Posts: 2,891
    Rep Power: 22192
    ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ECGordyn is offline
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Interesting. Yeah, whenever I've dabbled with speed work or paused reps, it's surprising how much more difficult they are. Somewhat recently I just did a 5x5 with 225 and it was honestly fairly challenging pausing a full second at the bottom of each rep and having to move the weight dead.

    In reference to the other thread, I'll start the Candito 6 week the first week of May. Are you going to focus on a particular lift for the next block?
    Lifts mostly change each block with no particular focus except OHP and Weighted Chin. I'm running hypertrophy blocks until early-mid July, maybe one extra month, then will switch to the Calgary 8 week and do a bit heavier for fewer reps & more sets.

    Assistance lifts change each block but basically I'm doing:

    *Beltless comp. squat
    *Comp. pause bench
    *OHP
    *Weighted Chin

    *Beltless comp. DL
    *Knee curl
    Bench variation
    Row

    Squat variation
    Bench variation
    *OHP
    *Weighted Chin

    DL variation
    *Knee curl
    Bench variation
    Row

    The * are the only lifts I don't change. Everything else rotates through diff. variations for 4 weeks at a time.

    I still need to figure out my OHP and WC programming for later blocks. For now, double progression LP is working on those, but later when I start stalling I'll need to DUP them, maybe add a light high volume day for each.

    Might run a cycle or 2 of Smolov Jr. bench before July. This is the time for it while I'm not pushing heavy & hard at squat & DL. Thing is what to do after Smolov? The drop in volume could stall bench progression in later blocks.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

    Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323
    Reply With Quote

  15. #105
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    ^^ Nice, good luck and will follow along! Your programming is so careful and precise, I'd be surprised if you don't make strides of progress.

    --

    A couple of firsts for me today - new deadlift PR and also first time failing a bench without a spot and having to roll the bar down to my waist before setting it on the floor.

    A.S.
    Deadlift:
    405 x 5
    315 x 10
    225 x 15

    Flat Bench:
    3 x 8 at 245, 1 x 7 at 245 (failed an inch below the pins on the 8th rep of the last set)

    After reviewing the footage, I frustratingly realized you can't tell from the video that it's four plates. It is. Hope you all trust me, but in any case, I'll be uploading heavier work as we go along and make sure to hit a slightly diagonal angle that clearly shows the load on the bar. My intention filming from the side was to assure my back wasn't rounding.



    Changed angles on this one to avoid the same issue. The last time I did 315 for 10, it was more fatiguing than now and this was only a few minutes after the previous set, so it looks like my stamina has made some improvement.



    Didn't want to film 225 for 15 as it was just a finisher and all of us here can easily do that already.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  16. #106
    Unregistered User MyEgoProblem's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 6,951
    Rep Power: 58435
    MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MyEgoProblem is offline
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    My comp bench is maybe 2% weaker than Tng at most.
    2ct is maybe 5% below comp though.
    530 is probably a solid 15-20% weaker.

    You want something challenging though, close grip hook lying bench. That **** is barely 40% of my normal bench
    Re: tng.
    That's because you rarely do tng 😂
    Much like me. Historically.

    And you know how disgusting my last block tng gainz where...+ 22.5kg & - 2rpe in 9weeks.

    Only wish I'd had more pause practice to help it transfer better to my test day before I quit/ went DYEL. 🤔
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

    I don't always reply to threads. Cos I don't always remember I posted in the first place😅
    Reply With Quote

  17. #107
    Registered User BeginnerGainz's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 6,886
    Rep Power: 40783
    BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BeginnerGainz is offline
    I’m utterly convinced most of you guys here are like 5’7”.
    Age: 29

    "If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton
    Reply With Quote

  18. #108
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    I’m utterly convinced most of you guys here are like 5’7”.
    6'2"

    I'm utterly convinced you are like afraid to actually lift measured weight. If not let's see your video.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  19. #109
    Unregistered User MyEgoProblem's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 6,951
    Rep Power: 58435
    MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MyEgoProblem is offline
    With plates in pic or vid... It's easy to tell who is/isn't a manlet 😏

    First port of call is plate height to knee cap ratio.in a deadlift video..
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

    I don't always reply to threads. Cos I don't always remember I posted in the first place😅
    Reply With Quote

  20. #110
    Registered User WolfRose7's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,113
    Rep Power: 52268
    WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WolfRose7 is offline
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    I’m utterly convinced most of you guys here are like 5’7”.
    5'11.5

    king of the manlets

    Pivot Squats
    Very comfortable single, followed by very uncomfortable tempo ( wasn't that bad but moaning about tempo work is the law)



    Last edited by WolfRose7; 04-18-2021 at 01:47 AM.
    5 day full body crew

    FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee
    Reply With Quote

  21. #111
    Time is Muscle ECGordyn's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2016
    Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
    Posts: 2,891
    Rep Power: 22192
    ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ECGordyn is offline
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    ^^ Nice, good luck and will follow along! Your programming is so careful and precise, I'd be surprised if you don't make strides of progress.

    --

    A couple of firsts for me today - new deadlift PR and also first time failing a bench without a spot and having to roll the bar down to my waist before setting it on the floor.

    A.S.
    Deadlift:
    405 x 5
    315 x 10
    225 x 15

    Flat Bench:
    3 x 8 at 245, 1 x 7 at 245 (failed an inch below the pins on the 8th rep of the last set)

    After reviewing the footage, I frustratingly realized you can't tell from the video that it's four plates. It is. Hope you all trust me, but in any case, I'll be uploading heavier work as we go along and make sure to hit a slightly diagonal angle that clearly shows the load on the bar. My intention filming from the side was to assure my back wasn't rounding.



    Changed angles on this one to avoid the same issue. The last time I did 315 for 10, it was more fatiguing than now and this was only a few minutes after the previous set, so it looks like my stamina has made some improvement.



    Didn't want to film 225 for 15 as it was just a finisher and all of us here can easily do that already.
    My biggest obstacle this year is weight control. I won't let myself get fat again, so muscle growth has to really be earned this year without a big caloric surplus.

    Careful with your biceps Eli. The 315 looks like you're curling the weight every rep. That's how a tear happens.

    Maybe just the shorts, but the 405 looks soft at lockout. Knees look slightly bent and hips not fully extended. Or you just have a big ass lol. Last 2 reps look ramped.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

    Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323
    Reply With Quote

  22. #112
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    My biggest obstacle this year is weight control. I won't let myself get fat again, so muscle growth has to really be earned this year without a big caloric surplus.

    Careful with your biceps Eli. The 315 looks like you're curling the weight every rep. That's how a tear happens.

    Maybe just the shorts, but the 405 looks soft at lockout. Knees look slightly bent and hips not fully extended. Or you just have a big ass lol. Last 2 reps look ramped.
    Yeah, I noticed that too re the elbow flexion on the 315. I do this too when shrugging sometimes. Even with extremely light weight, fully raising the shoulders is difficult for me without doing this (especially with reverse grip), but you're absolutely right that it's an injury risk when you're dealing with deadlift weight. Even when warming up, however, I find that I cannot complete the lockout without flexing the elbow of my pronated arm just slightly. Might post a form video for this.

    I see what you're saying but it is the shorts I think. I do in fact have a rather big butt (decent glute development but I also carry a lot of fat there) and those shorts are fairly loose. If you notice, the bar grabbed them on each rep and pulled the slack forward, which made it look like that was my femur angle. IIRC each rep my legs were fully extended as I wouldn't have pulled my shoulders back at the top without a full lockout, but next time I'll make conscious note of it.

    Last rep was a struggle but I wasn't launching it with my thighs if that's what you mean by ramped. I guess the side angle has disadvantages of its own lol.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  23. #113
    Registered User WolfRose7's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2016
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,113
    Rep Power: 52268
    WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WolfRose7 is offline
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that too re the elbow flexion on the 315. I do this too when shrugging sometimes. Even with extremely light weight, fully raising the shoulders is difficult for me without doing this (especially with reverse grip), but you're absolutely right that it's an injury risk when you're dealing with deadlift weight. Even when warming up, however, I find that I cannot complete the lockout without flexing the elbow of my pronated arm just slightly. Might post a form video for this.

    I see what you're saying but it is the shorts I think. I do in fact have a rather big butt (decent glute development but I also carry a lot of fat there) and those shorts are fairly loose. If you notice, the bar grabbed them on each rep and pulled the slack forward, which made it look like that was my femur angle. IIRC each rep my legs were fully extended as I wouldn't have pulled my shoulders back at the top without a full lockout, but next time I'll make conscious note of it.

    Last rep was a struggle but I wasn't launching it with my thighs if that's what you mean by ramped. I guess the side angle has disadvantages of its own lol.
    I think your trying to overlock out, let arms hang long and just fire hips through.
    If you compete you might occasionally have to exaggerate the lockout for a down call but I wouldn't ever bother in training.
    5 day full body crew

    FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee
    Reply With Quote

  24. #114
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    Mediocre session today.

    Squatted 315 for a few singles. Had form checked and I'm still coming too far forward with my back, so I went down to 225 and did 5 or 6 sets of 5, almost ass to grass, and put tiny plates under my toes to keep the drive through my heels. Also cueing to push my knees outward a little on the concentric has helped to add some force.

    Bench at 225 for 10, 10, 8

    OHP at 95 for 12, 12, 12

    EDIT: Psychologically I feel ready to go but I think I might want to deload next week, or possibly take a few days off, as I feel a bit weak since that DL and bench fail on Saturday.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  25. #115
    Registered User BeginnerGainz's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 6,886
    Rep Power: 40783
    BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BeginnerGainz is offline
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Mediocre session today.

    Squatted 315 for a few singles. Had form checked and I'm still coming too far forward with my back, so I went down to 225 and did 5 or 6 sets of 5, almost ass to grass, and put tiny plates under my toes to keep the drive through my heels. Also cueing to push my knees outward a little on the concentric has helped to add some force.

    Bench at 225 for 10, 10, 8

    OHP at 95 for 12, 12, 12

    EDIT: Psychologically I feel ready to go but I think I might want to deload next week, or possibly take a few days off, as I feel a bit weak since that DL and bench fail on Saturday.
    Do you squat in flat shoes, squat shoes, barefoot? It matters. Also, elevating the toes may not be the best idea, but maybe elevating the heels would help (provided you are high bar squatting or doing front squats or squatting with a SSB).

    IME low bar squats and “ATG” aren’t really compatible. Too many people try to make the squat too posterior dominated while trying to limit the quads and just wind up fighting themselves. It is their job to extend the knee until the glutes can extend the hips, after all.
    Age: 29

    "If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton
    Reply With Quote

  26. #116
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Do you squat in flat shoes, squat shoes, barefoot? It matters. Also, elevating the toes may not be the best idea, but maybe elevating the heels would help (provided you are high bar squatting or doing front squats or squatting with a SSB).

    IME low bar squats and “ATG” aren’t really compatible. Too many people try to make the squat too posterior dominated while trying to limit the quads and just wind up fighting themselves. It is their job to extend the knee until the glutes can extend the hips, after all.
    I squat in nearly flat running shoes.

    Yeah, I'm far stronger with the posterior chain which is why I'm trying to force myself to make it quad-dominant and keep from driving with back extension.

    Initially I was thinking low bar is a better posture as it is naturally much easier for me but on second thought, that simply overlaps with the deadlift too much and is inefficient for programming and development purposes. I'd rather each lift be fully what it is than try to morph the squat into a deadlift.

    Might try to work on front squats next week before moving into Candito the beginning of May. I have very little experience with them but AFAIK there's no way to hit depth without stressing the quads appropriately.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  27. #117
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    Light/simple session at lunch. Hadn't done bodyweight pullups in a little while so I thought they'd be a good choice.

    Wide, pronated pullups at bodyweight:

    50 reps in 19 minutes.

    5 x 5, 4 x 4, 3 x 3

    Most of these were well beneath failure, but I thought the units were interesting for an easy count to 50. I like the segmentation and will likely use this as a single time-trial unit in the future.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  28. #118
    Time is Muscle ECGordyn's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2016
    Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
    Posts: 2,891
    Rep Power: 22192
    ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ECGordyn is offline
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I squat in nearly flat running shoes.

    Yeah, I'm far stronger with the posterior chain which is why I'm trying to force myself to make it quad-dominant and keep from driving with back extension.

    Initially I was thinking low bar is a better posture as it is naturally much easier for me but on second thought, that simply overlaps with the deadlift too much and is inefficient for programming and development purposes. I'd rather each lift be fully what it is than try to morph the squat into a deadlift.

    Might try to work on front squats next week before moving into Candito the beginning of May. I have very little experience with them but AFAIK there's no way to hit depth without stressing the quads appropriately.
    Are you planning to do FS for the whole Candito program? I'd stick with your main squat style, whatever it is. Get that form perfect so you gain the most from the program. You could always do a squat variation as an accessory on that program, light and easy.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

    Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323
    Reply With Quote

  29. #119
    Time is Muscle ECGordyn's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2016
    Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
    Posts: 2,891
    Rep Power: 22192
    ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ECGordyn is offline
    Rated the 8th rep at RPE 8. Got 4 more reps, total 12 @9.5? Help me rate RPE accurately becuz idk wtf im doin anymore

    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

    Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323
    Reply With Quote

  30. #120
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,630
    Rep Power: 11625
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EliKoehn is offline
    ^^ Looks like you might have had one more in the tank, but hard to tell just from footage.

    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Are you planning to do FS for the whole Candito program? I'd stick with your main squat style, whatever it is. Get that form perfect so you gain the most from the program. You could always do a squat variation as an accessory on that program, light and easy.
    No way - I'm certainly going to choose the back squat as the primary form of the exercise. High bar is significantly harder, but I don't know to what extent that is simply because I am relatively untrained with it, rather than any latent disadvantages owing to mechanics or whatever else.

    Also, for the purposes of the program itself, what do you think I should plug my max in as? My upload of 315 looks like clean form as far as I can tell, although I could plug in 335 or even possibly my wonky 365 as a 1RM. Undershooting it defeats the point of challenging yourself on a high intensity program, but if it's too high and I can't hit the target, it's a waste of time and inefficient to readjust the max.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts