Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^ Thanks for sharing your approach; that's interesting. Only question I had is if, by training up to what you think you could do for a max, as you say, do you mean ramping up to an estimated 1RM and then using that to gauge a final work set's intensity for reps, or literally maxing every time and then doing a back-off set? Even 90% every time would be a bit surprising... but if it works it works!
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Humble pie for me today...

Failed yesterday's workout:

2C6W Week Two, Thursday

Squat:
    295 x MR10 - 6 achieved @10.

Back Off Squats:
    10 x 3 at 285 with 60 second rest - 3 x 3, 1 x 3, rest reduction omitted, walked on all following sets...

By the time I got to the end there, the last rep was @9 or so and on that final one, a pain shot up my left leg so it seemed like the best move to call it...

I reduced my deficit the past couple of days even further and had much less strength. Any lack of resolve is ultimately on me, however. Still, got to make sure to be moderate even in the deficit, as I run the risk of throwing my stability off and hampering my training if I don't.

The good news is I am losing at a good pace. 244 this morning. Averaging a little over two pounds a week and down more than ten since previous max test, without reducing carbs in particular.

Unsure whether to skip what I missed yesterday and proceed normally, or if I should throw it in tomorrow and hope leg recovery is sufficient for Monday...

EDIT:
    I'm due for an occasional form check. Thought it would be a good idea to upload a failed set where I was hungry and feeling weak, as this exposes what gives in those circumstances where a strong day wouldn't.

Depth looks like it might be high but please bear in mind, I had to use an upward-facing angle. Gym was super crowded today and as soon as I hit record, some guy wheeled up a bench just behind me off-screen, unsupervised children running around on the weight floor, etc. Looking to switch to something less crowded and more powerlifting-focused with fewer machines and programs, etc.

Last edited by EliKoehn; 07-16-2021 at 07:53 AM.

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depth is there, just the angle makes it look off. Get a direct side view when you can just to be sure. Form holds up really well throughout, even as you're clearly fatigued on the 6th rep. It's totally the deficit slowing things down, don't let it get to you.

Good stuff man. You're coming along nicely with squat.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Depth is there, just the angle makes it look off. Get a direct side view when you can just to be sure. Form holds up really well throughout, even as you're clearly fatigued on the 6th rep. It's totally the deficit slowing things down, don't let it get to you.

Good stuff man. You're coming along nicely with squat.
    That was a ****ing great set Eli.
    That's work that adds up.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Humble pie for me today...

Failed yesterday's workout:

2C6W Week Two, Thursday

Squat:
    295 x MR10 - 6 achieved @10.

Back Off Squats:
    10 x 3 at 285 with 60 second rest - 3 x 3, 1 x 3, rest reduction omitted, walked on all following sets...

By the time I got to the end there, the last rep was @9 or so and on that final one, a pain shot up my left leg so it seemed like the best move to call it...

I reduced my deficit the past couple of days even further and had much less strength. Any lack of resolve is ultimately on me, however. Still, got to make sure to be moderate even in the deficit, as I run the risk of throwing my stability off and hampering my training if I don't.

The good news is I am losing at a good pace. 244 this morning. Averaging a little over two pounds a week and down more than ten since previous max test, without reducing carbs in particular.

Unsure whether to skip what I missed yesterday and proceed normally, or if I should throw it in tomorrow and hope leg recovery is sufficient for Monday...

EDIT:
    I'm due for an occasional form check. Thought it would be a good idea to upload a failed set where I was hungry and feeling weak, as this exposes what gives in those circumstances where a strong day wouldn't.

Depth looks like it might be high but please bear in mind, I had to use an upward-facing angle. Gym was super crowded today and as soon as I hit record, some guy wheeled up a bench just behind me off-screen, unsupervised children running around on the weight floor, etc. Looking to switch to something less crowded and more powerlifting-focused with fewer machines and programs, etc.

Great set...
    It was high tho in pl terms (no question) but not by enough to matter in training.. You took the fight to the hardest part of the rom and worked your ass off.

Candito and nuckols are fans of not caring If a few sets are high, as they are often harder just above your rebound point if you n have a good 'bounce'.. As am I, especially for pauses specifically but I've hit some stupid good sets just above pl depth.

I'd like to know how wide your stance is man.
    That looks close as **** with no 'knees out' action.
    I'd guess about 14-15"?

I'd love to see you wider and open your taint
    Or push your knees out and see how that rides.

(a front angle from about the height of the top of ur knee cap would be great if you could some time.. I know its hard in commercials so no worries)
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

I don't always reply to threads. Cos I don't always remember I posted in the first place😅

SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    ^^ Thanks for sharing your approach; that's interesting. Only question I had is if, by training up to what you think you could do for a max, as you say, do you mean ramping up to an estimated 1RM and then using that to gauge a final work set's intensity for reps, or literally maxing every time and then doing a back-off set? Even 90% every time would be a bit surprising... but if it works it works!
    You should be trying to use as much weight as you think you can on that day.

Its only not a real max in the sense that if you were properly recovered, you could probably do a little more

----

Snapped a couple leg pics:

Best lifts:
    Bench press: 315x4, 345x1
    Squat: 465x1
    Strict press: 185x8, 195x5
    Deadlift: 405x10, 445x5 (dead stop w/ straps)

Impressive quads Savior! Probably the best I've seen on this forum.

Thanks, all. That's encouraging and I was expecting some ridicule, honestly. Appreciate the feedback you all have given as I've come to find squats are not only one of the most challenging exercises in terms of sheer difficulty, but also far more technical than I thought and honing a sense of right form is an ongoing process for me. Probably would have ingrained some bad practices going on my own.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Great set...
    It was high tho in pl terms (no question) but not by enough to matter in training.. You took the fight to the hardest part of the rom and worked your ass off.

Candito and nuckols are fans of not caring If a few sets are high, as they are often harder just above your rebound point if you n have a good 'bounce'.. As am I, especially for pauses specifically but I've hit some stupid good sets just above pl depth.

I'd like to know how wide your stance is man.
    That looks close as **** with no 'knees out' action.
    I'd guess about 14-15"?

I'd love to see you wider and open your taint
    Or push your knees out and see how that rides.

(a front angle from about the height of the top of ur knee cap would be great if you could some time.. I know its hard in commercials so no worries)
    Again, thanks.

As far as stance width... You're probably exactly right. Going into the set, I thought to myself, the only cue I'm going to consciously think about is "keep a good brace" since that has been a problem for me and I thought it best to avoid trying to think of too many things simultaneously. I think the width totally escaped my mind... I actually did take a warm up recording from the front but unfortunately the mirror ended about two feet high off the floor.

I'll try for that angle next time. The rack I was using in this video is actually not the main multi-power rack I normally use. It has a shelf in the middle which is a good platform for that. If I can get a clean four plate squat by the end of the year, I'll be one happy guy for a long time who can then focus again on deadlift with a clear conscience.

--

2C6W Week 2, Friday

Deficit maintained

Flat Bench:
    230 x 10, 245 x 8, 255 x 6-8 (6 achieved @9.5)

Pendlay Row:
    185 x 10, 205 x 8, 225 x 8

Standing OHP:
    95 x 10, 100 x 8, 105 x 6

Chin-Up:
    10, 8, 6 at bodyweight

Optional Exercises omitted.

The bench was fairly challenging, and I barely made that last set within the parameters. Lowered intensity on the other prescribed exercises and omitted the optional exercises since performance is starting to falter. The sub-maximal rows felt great, though. Completely controlled and smooth. It seems that torso-powered exercises come the easiest for me somehow.
    Last edited by EliKoehn; 07-16-2021 at 06:04 PM.

CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agree with the others - that's great work Eli. As someone who only squatted more than 185 a couple times during my first 4 years of training, I can relate to your struggles with the lift. A lot of it got to be mental for me - nitpicking every aspect of the lift, and constantly tweaking things. I think you would benefit from continuing to focus on only 1 thing during the lift, and then try to find something positive about the lift afterward. It can be easy to get caught up in what's wrong with a lift, especially when it's one you've struggled with, and finding things you're doing well with the lift will be helpful I think.

Its great... Although I don't feel its an excellent long term Solution for most people.. Outstanding when throw in between blocks of more regular training.

Ive had my best results for everything doing high freq high intensity stuff.. Strength, size ect . I did 80 days and 40 days twice

With the caveat of the 'superman' section.. Thats basically how all my training is now lol. That really can be banging long term.
    Well, well, well... Went back and read the Bulgarian Manual again. For some reason I never paid much attention to the Superman Effect section, but I had to check it out after this mention. It's actually exactly how I was thinking I would want to approach this type of training. It's like the perfect combination of the Conjugate and Bulgarian Methods. I think I'm in love, lol. I can literally just plug in my max effort lifts that I already had planned and it gives me 24 different exercises I can cycle through.

How do you setup your volume work? Just doing back off sets of the same exercise you maxed on?
    The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CW47 View Post
    Agree with the others - that's great work Eli. As someone who only squatted more than 185 a couple times during my first 4 years of training, I can relate to your struggles with the lift. A lot of it got to be mental for me - nitpicking every aspect of the lift, and constantly tweaking things. I think you would benefit from continuing to focus on only 1 thing during the lift, and then try to find something positive about the lift afterward. It can be easy to get caught up in what's wrong with a lift, especially when it's one you've struggled with, and finding things you're doing well with the lift will be helpful I think.

Well, well, well... Went back and read the Bulgarian Manual again. For some reason I never paid much attention to the Superman Effect section, but I had to check it out after this mention. It's actually exactly how I was thinking I would want to approach this type of training. It's like the perfect combination of the Conjugate and Bulgarian Methods. I think I'm in love, lol. I can literally just plug in my max effort lifts that I already had planned and it gives me 24 different exercises I can cycle through.

How do you setup your volume work? Just doing back off sets of the same exercise you maxed on?
    I think I had 6, bench, 3 squat and 3 deadlift on he rotation at any given time.. Tracking 1 and 3 rep top sets, then backoffs for the same lifts. Very rarely all out @10 grinders.

Backoffs Either 80% triples if I took a single or try a new 8rm if I took a trip, and log.

Next day will be a different variation anyway so no point doing 2 the same day.
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 07-17-2021 at 07:53 AM.
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

I don't always reply to threads. Cos I don't always remember I posted in the first place😅

CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CW47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think I had 6, bench, 3 squat and 3 deadlift on he rotation at any given time.. Tracking 1 and 3 rep top sets, then backoffs for the same lifts. Very rarely all out @10 grinders.

Backoffs Either 80% triples if I took a single or try a new 8rm if I took a trip, and log.

Next day will be a different variation anyway so no point doing 2 the same day.
    I was thinking 75-80% for 5 or 6 sets of triples as back off work would be good, and I feel even better about that after reading your response. Never thought of doing an 8 rep max in conjunction with a 3 rep max though. Makes sense that we'd want something higher volume on those days.

I'm going to give this a go! Cheers both Savior and MEP for the guidance.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Disgustingly hot n humid day today lol.

Squat 6 reps, 100, 105, 112.5, 105, 105
    Bench 110 x1, 115 x 1 @9, 102.5 x 5@9.5, 95 x 5, 95 x 5
    Larsen 8m density 80kg, 8,6,6,5,4,6
    5 day full body crew

jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Squat day yesterday, lowered the weight and added some triples:
    (345x1)x4 / 325x2 / (305x3)x3

Overhead press:
    160x1 / 160x1 / 150x2 / 150x2 / 140x3

RDL, one arm bent arm hangs, one arm straight arm hangs, assisted one arm chin ups, archer chin ups
    Machine flys, tricep press down, reverse machine flys
    April 2021.................16 week cut.................168 lbs
    2020......................375 / 285 / 505..............186 lbs
    Pre-COVID..............335 / 295 / 499..............185 lbs
    July 1, 2019................9 week cut.................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs

That's some good work Wolf and jade.

Just 2 days into it the new program. Loving it so far. It makes for super quick workouts (today's was only about 25 minutes, with not being very strict on rest times).

Yesterday I did:
    16 inch Box Squats:
    275 x 1
    220 - 3 sets of 3

Today I did:
    Floor Press:
    185 x 1 [PR]

My squat has gone downhill fast - the 275 was 20 pounds less than I did 2 months ago. Should come back pretty quickly though I think.
    Bench has continued to progress. The 185 was a 10 pound PR and move pretty smoothly. Is it normal to have Floor Press be equal with or better than my standard bench?

I was thinking 75-80% for 5 or 6 sets of triples as back off work would be good, and I feel even better about that after reading your response. Never thought of doing an 8 rep max in conjunction with a 3 rep max though. Makes sense that we'd want something higher volume on those days.

I'm going to give this a go! Cheers both Savior and MEP for the guidance.
    Jesus man...

Start with ONE backoff set On good days.
    And none on bad days..

And as you acclimate to the freq & intensity, increase SLOWLY the number of backoffs, on good days.. And keep the bad days at none or less.

Trust me....

Especially coming from an upper/lower and going to a max squat and bench every day, with multiple deadlift days and back work likely every session.

The dark times WILL come. And you will think back "**** me! I'm glad I listened to ego..."
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SaviorSelfJT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's some good work Wolf and jade.

Just 2 days into it the new program. Loving it so far. It makes for super quick workouts (today's was only about 25 minutes, with not being very strict on rest times).

Yesterday I did:
    16 inch Box Squats:
    275 x 1
    220 - 3 sets of 3

Today I did:
    Floor Press:
    185 x 1 [PR]

My squat has gone downhill fast - the 275 was 20 pounds less than I did 2 months ago. Should come back pretty quickly though I think.
    Bench has continued to progress. The 185 was a 10 pound PR and move pretty smoothly. Is it normal to have Floor Press be equal with or better than my standard bench?

Woot! Glad to see you trying this
    I bet you'll be hitting PRs within a couple weeks
    No idea about floor press

Jesus man...

Start with ONE backoff set On good days.
    And none on bad days..

And as you acclimate to the freq & intensity, increase SLOWLY the number of backoffs, on good days.. And keep the bad days at none or less.

Trust me....

Especially coming from an upper/lower and going to a max squat and bench every day, with multiple deadlift days and back work likely every session.

The dark times WILL come. And you will think back "**** me! I'm glad I listened to ego..."
    Agree with this, I'd start with no backoffs at all, you'll probably hit PRs soon enough by just working up to a max. Then when you stall start adding them in and you'll be more adapted by then
    BUT if you are feeling fine, you can probably get away with doing whatever

In general there are 3 cases:
    Your daily maxes start to regress -> start cutting backoff sets
    Your daily maxes are stagnant -> start adding backoff sets
    Your daily maxes are increasing -> keep doing what you are doing
    Best lifts:

^^ Pretty sure I knocked on injury's door doing them last week while weak after the working set. I think those heavy back-off squats after the main working sets the first time when I actually achieved the full prescribed volume was the most grueling 15 minutes of lifting I've ever done.

2C6W Week 3, Monday

Deficit maintained

Squats:
    3 x 4-6 at 315 (4 achieved for all @9, 9, 10)

Deadlift:
    2 x 3-6 at 415 (3 achieved for both @8.5?, 10)

Shouldn't have done this, but I skipped Sunday's workout. Put it off until too late in the day and then decided not to.

Today, hit the minimum prescribed numbers. I'm feeling the hunger now and my stomach has been growling all day. Definition/leanness seems to be glacially improving and I'm not having trouble staying within my target, so this bodes well long-term provided I stay consistent.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll cut back. I'm used to doing near max work multiple times per week, with 5x5's afterward. Been doing 8x8's on bench for a while, so 6x3 feels like nothing right now. But I hear you. I'm sure doing near max work day after day will be a whole different beast. I'll ease into it.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll cut back. I'm used to doing near max work multiple times per week, with 5x5's afterward. Been doing 8x8's on bench for a while, so 6x3 feels like nothing right now. But I hear you. I'm sure doing near max work day after day will be a whole different beast. I'll ease into it.

2 max effort lifts in upper/lower format
    Vs
    14(to 21 if your nuts) max effort lifts done daily

😎
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Today's triples. Rainy season in Asia makes the air cool and fresh.

How's squat depth?

2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

2 max effort lifts in upper/lower format
    Vs
    14(to 21 if your nuts) max effort lifts done daily

Yep, it's obvious. I was taking a stab in the dark, lol. Thanks for saving me from some self induced suffering.

Just did todays session.
    Sumo Deadlift
    365 pounds x 1 rep [PR]
    295 - 1 set of 3 reps

Did everything unbelted. I tried with the belt on for the top set and couldn't even break the floor. Knew it was there based on the ramp up, so I took the belt off and it went up easily. Must be impacting my ability to either get enough air to brace properly, and/or get into position (most likely the latter). 365 was a 10 pound PR for Sumo.

@EC, I don't have the best eye for it but depth looks to be there to me.

Should film from the correct angle if you want a depth check xD.

Looks there though
    5 day full body crew

jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Today's triples. Rainy season in Asia makes the air cool and fresh.

How's squat depth?

Squat depth looks there.
    You place the bar back so gently lol!

Keeping with the theme of lowering the weight on my singles and adding some more reps with triples.

Sumo DL:
    (445x1)x3 / (405x3)x3 / deficit (375x5)x3
    Really nice to not be going right to the edge of failure and getting nice clean reps in. Last set was tough.

Decline Bench:
    185x12 / 195x12 / 195x12
    Second time doing these, still figuring it out. They feel harder than flat bench and more unstable. I think I tend to overwork my shoulders on flat bench.

Some more work towards one arm pull ups:
    - archer pull ups with one finger on extended arm, 3 each side, last rep one arm negative
    - one arm hang, 10 seconds each
    - bent one arm hang, a few seconds each
    - 12 wide grip 2 arm pull ups

Some various accessories, whatever I felt like. curls, straight arm pulls (from side), single arm face pulls, reverse single arm tricep press down.

-----

I don't talk about it, but it seems relevant here. I'm pretty much an on again off again functioning alcoholic all my adult life. Began another taper down a month ago. Four double IPAs or mixed drinks really = like 8 standard drinks. Friday, 3.5 weeks ago first dry day in quite a long time. Sake with sushi on Saturday, then a dry week, first in like a decade. Been staying dry except for a drink or two on weekend dinners out. Improved energy in the gym and focus during the day before 5 or so, but I still seem to need the same 8 to 9 hours of sleep. Replacing all those calories with mostly real food should help as well. Hope to stay on the wagon & get some PRs soon.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yep, it's obvious. I was taking a stab in the dark, lol. Thanks for saving me from some self induced suffering.

Just did todays session.
    Sumo Deadlift
    365 pounds x 1 rep [PR]
    295 - 1 set of 3 reps

Did everything unbelted. I tried with the belt on for the top set and couldn't even break the floor. Knew it was there based on the ramp up, so I took the belt off and it went up easily. Must be impacting my ability to either get enough air to brace properly, and/or get into position (most likely the latter). 365 was a 10 pound PR for Sumo.
    I don’t use belt or straps for that very reason, it messes with my starting position. Straps go on for SLDLs though.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Originally Posted by jademonkey View Post
    I don't talk about it, but it seems relevant here. I'm pretty much an on again off again functioning alcoholic all my adult life. Began another taper down a month ago. Four double IPAs or mixed drinks really = like 8 standard drinks. Friday, 3.5 weeks ago first dry day in quite a long time. Sake with sushi on Saturday, then a dry week, first in like a decade. Been staying dry except for a drink or two on weekend dinners out. Improved energy in the gym and focus during the day before 5 or so, but I still seem to need the same 8 to 9 hours of sleep. Replacing all those calories with mostly real food should help as well. Hope to stay on the wagon & get some PRs soon.
    Hope you can find the strength to stay on the wagon, srs
    Don't end up like that donnie2yucky guy on the misc
    Best lifts:

Rest day on the Candito, so I decided to add in some aerobic exercise today.

Deficit maintained

Walked about 2-3 miles on my lunch break and continuously jogged 4.9 miles in 55 minutes (11:23/mi) after work. The second half of the run I slowed down considerably, but the first half actually felt more exhilarating than unpleasant and I kept a rather good pace actually. This being fasted cardio, I'm pretty happy about this.

I quit almost completely 3 years ago, and the first thing I noticed was improved sleep quality. For sure stopping will help your recovery. There's also something about alcohol interfering with protein synthesis, isn't there?

Squat depth looks there.
    You place the bar back so gently lol!
    Lol, trying to be considerate of neighbors. It's harder setting DLs down carefully.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

Early morning day 3 today.

3ct Bench 102.5 x 1, 97.5 x 3, 95 x 3, 95 x 3
    1 board cg 12m density 70kg -
    9, 7, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 7

600 High Bar 90 x 3, 95 x 3 (95 was hard enough I didn't take 100)

Not to bad for a punch the clock before work.

Week 4/7-8, hoping for an upturn on my lifts from next week to end of block.
    5 day full body crew

^^ Are those benches paused for a full 3 seconds? Good job.

2C6W Week Three, Wednesday

Deficit maintained

Flat Bench:
    270 x 4-6 (4 achieved for all @9, 9, 10) - avoided deliberate failure to leave enough in the tank for the following sets

Pendlay Row:*
    275 x 3, 245 x 6, 245 x 6

Standing OHP:
    115 x 6, 135 x 5, 115 x 6 - attempted 135 for 6 and failed at 5

Chin-Up:
    3 x 6 at bodyweight - very easy and ought to have added weight

*Decided to try 275 for the first set of six but it was too heavy for that, and instead counted it as the first set. Form is a little rough, as I was aiming cleanly for the diaphragm and fell a little below it on the second, and the upper belly on the third; also the back angle tilts up slightly mid-rep like I'm starting to try to deadlift it on the second half. Still new to orthodox Pendlays so a form check would be appreciated. Curious to see how performance differs attempting this while feeling strong at maintenance or a surplus.