ThenZMPr is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How accurate Is The 50 lbs Limit Of Muscle Gain ?

Hi , i just started workout for about a month now , i'm at 190cm 53kg with 7% body fat , when reading about bodybuilding i find many study saying that there is a 50lbs muscle limit of what human body can gain during lifetime

my question is , for my case at 53kg 190cm , if we add the 22kg gain of muscle + some fat weight to reach 10% body fat i will never pass like 80kg , if i do it will be all fat at the same time seeing people in my gym going like crazy from 50kg to 70-80 kg in one year while staying lean

any explanation ? , thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is no hard limit, it's more like a case of diminishing returns to effort - think of it more like a decay curve that never quite reaches zero. And nobody can predict in advance how far you can get (individual variability).

The 50lbs you see quoted is likely a pure guess. In the best case scenario it's based on population averages. In the worst case, it's was plucked out of the air.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/re...raining-goals/

Read the above for your curiosity but don't go looking for hard and fast numbers.

ThenZMPr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    There is no hard limit, it's more like a case of diminishing returns to effort - think of it more like a decay curve that never quite reaches zero. And nobody can predict in advance how far you can get (individual variability).

The 50lbs you see quoted is likely a pure guess. In the best case scenario it's based on population averages. In the worst case, it's was plucked out of the air.

Read the above for your curiosity but don't go looking for hard and fast numbers.
    clear , i just have another question
    how much muscle do you expect me to gain in my first year for someone skinny as me 10-11 kg ?
    to be honest if this is the case then this will took me years to reach like 90kg
    so what ? keep in mind i'm very very skinny so i think i have more rooms to build muscle faster

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you eat enough to gain about 15kg in that first year, perhaps as much as 10kg of that could be muscle. That assumes you do everything correctly and work your ass off in the gym unrelentingly. And you don't panic at the first sign of bloating or water retention and reduce your calories.

190lbs (86kg) and lean is more of a lifetime natural goal.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 03-26-2021 at 05:25 AM.