weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Beginner questions

Hey there I am 5'11 400 pounds 38 years old. I am looking at getting back into exercising. Losing weight is obviously the main goal. Any suggestions on supplements or exercise programs to maintain muscle and burn fat? I been looking at the supplements on here and not sure if I need any or what I should get. I get sore muscles and recovery so was thinking something like AminoLean Amino Acids by RSP for pre-workout and during working, Post workout RecoverMode Muscle Recovery , 30 Servings Blue Raz by evolution Nutrition. For protein since I will be dieting, I was thinking Protein meal replacement for lunch like the Labrada Low Carb Protein meal replacement for breakfast and lunch and Platinum Hydrowhey for either post workout or with a lunch low carb supper. I was also thinking of RSP CLA softgels to that stack. Not sure yet for a workout routine. Any and all suggests appreciated.Thanks
    Trying to loose weight and get buff again

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From your past posts you seem to have been in this place for 15 years, so I suggest making it simple and just eating real food but less of it. None of those supplements are necessary. See stickies in the Nutrition forum for more guidance.

And do any proper novice program. See stickies in the Workout forum for examples.

The key is to actually start something you can sustain over time, and keep doing it. Good luck!

weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightkilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    From your past posts you seem to have been in this place for 15 years, so I suggest making it simple and just eating real food but less of it. None of those supplements are necessary. See stickies in the Nutrition forum for more guidance.

And do any proper novice program. See stickies in the Workout forum for examples.

The key is to actually start something you can sustain over time, and keep doing it. Good luck!
    yea its been tuf fwith work and life but plan on making a commitment to it. How do you see past posts?

OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by weightkilla View Post
    Hey there I am 5'11 400 pounds 38 years old. I am looking at getting back into exercising. Losing weight is obviously the main goal. Any suggestions on supplements or exercise programs to maintain muscle and burn fat? I been looking at the supplements on here and not sure if I need any or what I should get. I get sore muscles and recovery so was thinking something like AminoLean Amino Acids by RSP for pre-workout and during working, Post workout RecoverMode Muscle Recovery , 30 Servings Blue Raz by evolution Nutrition. For protein since I will be dieting, I was thinking Protein meal replacement for lunch like the Labrada Low Carb Protein meal replacement for breakfast and lunch and Platinum Hydrowhey for either post workout or with a lunch low carb supper. I was also thinking of RSP CLA softgels to that stack. Not sure yet for a workout routine. Any and all suggests appreciated.Thanks
    I have a buddy/coworker who was about your size who lost over 100lbs in a year. all he did was cut his calories to 1800 per day of fat and protein (no carbs at all) and he started walking... walking as far as he could and walking a little bit further each day.

Before he decided to lose weight he was eating burgers/fries or pizza most days for lunch and after he decided to lose weight he brought his own food from home every day - a giant container of yogurt, 3-4 sticks of string cheese, a couple cans of tuna or slices of roast beef or ham from the deli... he literally lost over 2 lbs per week. - He didn't do any strength training at all while trying to cut so much weight.

Seems like with any/all goals it's just about actually forcing yourself to "do the thing".

Good luck, dude!

Originally Posted by OldManNoob View Post
    I have a buddy/coworker who was about your size who lost over 100lbs in a year. all he did was cut his calories to 1800 per day of fat and protein (no carbs at all) and he started walking... walking as far as he could and walking a little bit further each day.

Before he decided to lose weight he was eating burgers/fries or pizza most days for lunch and after he decided to lose weight he brought his own food from home every day - a giant container of yogurt, 3-4 sticks of string cheese, a couple cans of tuna or slices of roast beef or ham from the deli... he literally lost over 2 lbs per week. - He didn't do any strength training at all while trying to cut so much weight.

Seems like with any/all goals it's just about actually forcing yourself to "do the thing".

Good luck, dude!
    thanks man

OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldManNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks man
    I just looked up your weight on a calorie calculator... and I wonder if he was really down to 1800 because at that level he would have been losing 3-4lbs a week and I don't think he lost that much. according to this online calculator (and I have no idea how accurate these things are) at your size, you could still go for 2700 calories a day and expect to lose 2 lbs per week.

So my totally non-professional, not even experienced advice is to look up your macros for your size and do the math to shoot for 1.5-2lbs per week... so you could even hit 3k calories a day and lose 1.5lbs-2lbs per week according to the numbers I saw. losing too much too fast is bad for you, so focus on being consistent and eating clean and exercising. even losing 40-50 will take a huge load off your hips, knees and ankles and make you feel a whole lot better. And that will only make it easier and more rewarding as you continue down the path.

I just looked up your weight on a calorie calculator... and I wonder if he was really down to 1800 because at that level he would have been losing 3-4lbs a week and I don't think he lost that much. according to this online calculator (and I have no idea how accurate these things are) at your size, you could still go for 2700 calories a day and expect to lose 2 lbs per week.

So my totally non-professional, not even experienced advice is to look up your macros for your size and do the math to shoot for 1.5-2lbs per week... so you could even hit 3k calories a day and lose 1.5lbs-2lbs per week according to the numbers I saw. losing too much too fast is bad for you, so focus on being consistent and eating clean and exercising. even losing 40-50 will take a huge load off your hips, knees and ankles and make you feel a whole lot better. And that will only make it easier and more rewarding as you continue down the path.
    See the weird thing is, I dont even think I am eating 2000 calories a day and not sure always why I am the size I am. I dont eat fast food or anything either

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    See the weird thing is, I dont even think I am eating 2000 calories a day and not sure always why I am the size I am. I dont eat fast food or anything either
    Most people wildly underestimate the amount of food they eat. At 400lbs, if you were only eating 2000 calories per day you’d be losing significant weight without really moving. Track everything that goes into your mouth for a week, you’ll be surprised. Some people just underestimate the amount of snacking they do, others ignore the large amounts of oil they fry their foods in, etc., but nobody ever got overweight by undereating - we just lie to ourselves.

No judgment, pulled that one myself. I did it by eating fairly well most days, then having days where I’d chow down on 5 or 6000 calories in a single meal (a pizza, some cheese sticks and dessert? Adds up fast). But the first thing you need to do to change is recognize what’s causing your situation, and if you’re overweight, it’s 99,999,999 out of 100,000,000 (yeah, I just made those numbers up) because you’re eating more than you should be.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you've been posting the same problem over 15 years and asking the exact same Qs, and gained 150 lbs during that time, you probably need to be honest with yourself. Just think this is more about giving a real effort than specific supplements, workout programs, etc. - I mean this in a constructive way... that once you can acknowledge and identify whatever has kept and gotten you to this point, you can decide whether you want to do things differently.

chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrislisk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi. I started my body transformation in July last year. So far lost 50 pounds and 8 inches off my waste. My advice is stick to a calorie deficit, I’ve been in my deficit now for 9 months. log everything you eat and weight it too, that way you can be fairly sure what the calories are. I’m about 500 calories under maintenance which is 2000 per day. I make sure I eat 30% protein too. I use an app to log food and that calculates it all for me. Turkey steaks are great for protein!!!!!! I only need one shake a day to hit my target protein. I weight lift 3 times a week and walk 10000 steps each day. I do use creatine and started on glutamine but it certainly didn’t help me cut my fat down. Good luck man

Registered User Vanilla-Gorilla's Avatar
    Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla-Gorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Over all this time and weight gain...what does your blood work say?

I'd get a full workup of everything as I was starting daily light cardio sessions with maybe a easy beginning split.

What also helped me....might not help someone else is the fact that I force myself to be a bit OCD about my weight where I weigh myself daily in the AM so I know if I've lost weight or kept it...I dont care if its even a 10th of a pound either way...I want to know.

It helps me continue to keep focus on myself and my goals.
    Pssst, Hey Buddy, your back is not that big, and your arms don't normally hang that way.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You don't need supplements, you need to lose weight, I am pretty sure you can eat your daily protein, carb and fat requirements. You mention something to burn fat, fat burners only burn money, Eat less and move more, it's free.

You have been here since 2006, i am sure you have seen this recommended before if not here you go,

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=168581133

Also visit the nutrition section.

Good luck, see ya lighter.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    See the weird thing is, I dont even think I am eating 2000 calories a day
    You have no idea how many calories a day you are eating AND drinking until you start really measuring and counting.

Registered User DonCarloVizzini's Avatar
    DonCarloVizzini has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DonCarloVizzini has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DonCarloVizzini has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DonCarloVizzini has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DonCarloVizzini has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DonCarloVizzini has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DonCarloVizzini has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DonCarloVizzini has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DonCarloVizzini has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DonCarloVizzini has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DonCarloVizzini has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    You have no idea how many calories a day you are eating AND drinking until you start really measuring and counting.
    First things first, count the calories you are taking per day, and then take suitable measures.

Lastochkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lastochkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lastochkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lastochkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lastochkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lastochkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lastochkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lastochkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lastochkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lastochkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lastochkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Good luck, dude!
    Thanks, it helped me.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey weight killa, I hear you about the supps and protein. I have been like that, years and years ago, walking away from supp store with 300 $ bill every fkn month. Yes, I was that silly. Then I switched to real food and no supps at all, and fat burning and muscle building rates not suffered a tiniest little bit.

I saw all the above advice, about real food, but it looked to me that you still don't quite get it. No protein meal replacements, please, especially those ones. Real food give better satisfaction, satiety and it is healthier. No thermogenics. No boosters of any kind, you don't need it, you think you are but you don't.

JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustMoved24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are 400lbs all you literally need to do is not stuff your fave and walk and the lbs will fly off.

It sounds harsh but you have so much extra blubber that as stated, you just need not stuff your face and pound will fall off. Until you can get your eating under control there’s no point in us wasting time on exercise routine for you.

Stop eating so much. Count your calories and walk every day. Maybe after 3 months if you can keep that up then you really start thinking routine. You need to prioritize not eating first and foremost

By walking every day and vitro calories you should lose 50lbs in the first month. Yes I’m srs. 50
    New York