mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does rep amount really matter?

Hello,
    I have been training for two weeks with resistance bands at home and its been great. But I find myself doing about 20 reps each exercise. Is this okay for building muscle? Ive heard that its best to aim for 10-15 reps for muscle hypertrophy, but it seems to me like its just a number. Muscles arent gonna punish you for increasing that number? I mean, I feel my muscles fatigued at about 20 reps, so I get im tearing muscle tissue. Isnt that what ultimately causes muscle growth?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No, it's much more important to reach a high level of exertion. If you stop when you could easily do 10 more reps, probably not much will happen. Just keep going until you reach a significant level of fatigue

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    No, it's much more important to reach a high level of exertion. If you stop when you could easily do 10 more reps, probably not much will happen. Just keep going until you reach a significant level of fatigue
    Exactly what he said
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikolaj73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what about those articles saying that 5-10 reps is for strength, 10-15 reps for hypertriphy and 15-20 for muscle endurance? i feel like its a bunch of BS made by people whose sole purpose in life is to get heard.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mikolaj73 View Post
    what about those articles saying that 5-10 reps is for strength, 10-15 reps for hypertriphy and 15-20 for muscle endurance? i feel like its a bunch of BS made by people whose sole purpose in life is to get heard.
    They are oversimplifications. The author is probably assuming that you will select a weight which brings you close to the point of failure after that many reps.

When you can adjust the weight to what you want, you probably will be doing mostly 1-5 reps in a powerlifting program and 5-20 reps in a bodybuilding program...

They are oversimplifications. The author is probably assuming that you will select a weight which brings you close to the point of failure after that many reps.

When you can adjust the weight to what you want, you probably will be doing mostly 1-5 reps in a powerlifting program and 5-20 reps in a bodybuilding program...
    Cool. I use bands. My muscles are fatigued every time. What is your opinion on bands?

Originally Posted by mikolaj73 View Post
    Cool. I use bands. My muscles are fatigued every time. What is your opinion on bands?
    I like using the for single joint movements like curls, lateral raises, leg abduction, hamstring curls etc - but would always prefer to have a barbell too for major compound movements.

ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As far as you turn your muscle fibers down. It doesnยดt really matter!

๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿชณ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wait are you just doing 20 reps? Or three sets of 20 reps? Either way I highly doubt youโ€™re over doing it with bands
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew